• Nov 9th, 2017 10:24 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
2497 posts
377 upvotes
GTA
6060842 wrote:
Sep 11th, 2017 1:12 pm
When did you order? Did Banggood send you an email notification?
Sep-8 before noon, got shipping notification early this AM indicated *CH tracking code
Oct 8, 2016
9 posts
2 upvotes
Just received the phone, so far very impressed. Does anyone have any suggestions regarding case and/or screen protectors?
Banned
Sep 9, 2017
28 posts
21 upvotes
senorcupcake wrote:
Sep 11th, 2017 3:31 pm
Just received the phone, so far very impressed. Does anyone have any suggestions regarding case and/or screen protectors?
I found it to be quite the durable phone and never needed a case nor a screen protector for it.
Z
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2008
2071 posts
639 upvotes
North York
Macrumo wrote:
Sep 11th, 2017 4:44 pm
I found it to be quite the durable phone and never needed a case nor a screen protector for it.
The screen is a bit on the soft side. I recommend the 3d full protection ones with the frame around it that hides the curved edge. Build quality itself is debatable. Some say it is not as strong as it feels but I think it is the same as any other popular phone. Some people just have bad luck with a drop of any type of phone.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
1621 posts
325 upvotes
Ottawa
Macrumo wrote:
Sep 11th, 2017 7:11 am

Edit: I just found out why shipping from China is so slow: http://bc.ctvnews.ca/delivery-delays-on ... -1.3441778
You can blame customs or Canada Post, unionized employees, corporate greed etc.
Twice i've ordered stuff from Thailand in the last year. Both times took over 3 months. This time it was like a month late. It was just wiper blades but, the post is taking waaaaay too long.
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2008
1081 posts
52 upvotes
My experience
Bought it from GB - ordered 7th and delivered today - very quick

Phone price - $183 + $7.5 shipping - $10 paypal offer - 4% GCR rebate (received it already) + $24 duty/taxes = $197 (had $20 store credit from GB -so actually $177)

First impression from the looks - not much different than my lenovo K3 Note from 2 years ago, in fact a tiny bit smaller. GB applied a screen protector, which is not actually bad, it will work until I order something.. Colors are sharp and finger print scan is awesome
Banned
Sep 9, 2017
28 posts
21 upvotes
eugene188 wrote:
Sep 11th, 2017 8:22 pm
Twice i've ordered stuff from Thailand in the last year. Both times took over 3 months. This time it was like a month late. It was just wiper blades but, the post is taking waaaaay too long.
I agree that it is just madness, no one should wait 3 months in the mail for something. The people should definitely let Canada post know they are doing a very poor job in regards to sorting time. But I can't even find the email address for Canada post to tell them, looks like Canadapost doesn't like complaints. I don't like calling Canadapost because their hold times are ridiculous too. But people should definitely complain or else something won't change.
Z
Oct 14, 2015
18 posts
3 upvotes
Surrey, BC
Macrumo wrote:
Sep 11th, 2017 7:11 am
Which store did you order from? You should have probably emailed them a long time ago to ask about it. They do speak English you know.

If shipping was by DHL check here: http://www.dhl.com/en/express/tracking.html
If EMS track here: http://www.ems.post/tracking
(or here https://duckduckgo.com/?q=ems+tracking& ... 2__&ia=web
Or track everything here: http://www.17track.net/en

If you chose the free shipping option, people here have been saying it can take 2 to 3 months to arrive to Canada. But maybe you can check the tracking at Canada post

Edit: I just found out why shipping from China is so slow: http://bc.ctvnews.ca/delivery-delays-on ... -1.3441778
You can blame customs or Canada Post, unionized employees, corporate greed etc.

Let me know if the above is helpful.
One of the Xiaomi stores on Ali. I have emailed them and asked, thank you. They don't provide me with much other than telling me to contact the Ali people who control the standard shipping. They told me it will arrive on or before September 20th, but with no updates since July 15th and that article you posted, I'm not getting my hopes up. Might just refund and order express.
Sep 12, 2007
127 posts
5 upvotes
Coquitlam
Hey guys. Problem here.

I did express shipping to ( 20 bucks extra) to my address in B.C but I accidentally autofilled my city with the wrong one! Correct postal code and address...... Will it be OK? They said it is too late to change as it just shipped. Will it be DHL or Canada post?? I could try calling them?.
Nov 13, 2006
442 posts
54 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
busybe wrote:
Sep 11th, 2017 8:28 pm

First impression from the looks - not much different than my lenovo K3 Note from 2 years ago, in fact a tiny bit smaller. GB applied a screen protector, which is not actually bad, it will work until I order something.. Colors are sharp and finger print scan is awesome
Mine looks like it has a tempered glass screen protector already on it, but it could just be the curved screen playing tricks on my eyes. What does yours look like? I ordered mine from Ali.
Beware the RFD Effect
Aug 14, 2007
39 posts
11 upvotes
Montreal
akalic wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 3:49 am
Hey guys. Problem here.

I did express shipping to ( 20 bucks extra) to my address in B.C but I accidentally autofilled my city with the wrong one! Correct postal code and address...... Will it be OK? They said it is too late to change as it just shipped. Will it be DHL or Canada post?? I could try calling them?.
If you have a tracking number you can definitely call the carrier and reroute the package.
Banned
Sep 9, 2017
28 posts
21 upvotes
jeevan87 wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 1:04 am
One of the Xiaomi stores on Ali. I have emailed them and asked, thank you. They don't provide me with much other than telling me to contact the Ali people who control the standard shipping. They told me it will arrive on or before September 20th, but with no updates since July 15th and that article you posted, I'm not getting my hopes up. Might just refund and order express.
Which store exactly? I ordered twice from Aliexpress with no problems. If you are concerned about shipping, I wouldn't be too worried (even though it has been some time), standard shipping (the free option) has no tracking (based on my personal experience buying $1 items with free shipping on eBay from China sellers), but like many people stated in this thread you do get your phone within 1 or 2 or 2.5 months (maybe 3 months now, but since this is a phone and not a $1 small packet accessory it will 99% most likely take less than that), I don't see any reason why they would lie to you about shipping, they are a store after all. Many people in this thread do report getting their phones with the "free" shipping method.

I was wrong to ask you to email them since now that I think about it they wouldn't be able to provide any details anyways since they shipped it by regular shipping. Some advice next time when you order stuff from China consider paying extra for express shipping (it doesn't make sense to be frugal when you have to wait months for shipping, but I think it is the mindset of the people on this site to save money, even if the choice isn't right), but for now it is all in Canada Posts hands. If you really do want to do something now I suggest calling Canada Post and letting them know the slow shipping from packages coming by the free shipping method is unacceptable. Personally this pisses me off since I used to order a lot of low priced goods from China and I have to wait a ridiculous amount of time too.

Let me know if the above helps. But if anyone else is reading this and knows more about the slow shipping situation for buying stuff overseas feel free to chime in. Is there any ways to speed up the shipping (without paying extra?) I know for small goods like $2-5 items often times there is no "express" shipping options and waiting seems to be the only option...
Last edited by Macrumo on Sep 12th, 2017 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Z
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2008
1081 posts
52 upvotes
sooksook wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 3:52 am
Mine looks like it has a tempered glass screen protector already on it, but it could just be the curved screen playing tricks on my eyes. What does yours look like? I ordered mine from Ali.
Mine is just a normal - no finger print/oil marks screen protector - its not tempered glass for sure..
Aug 29, 2007
629 posts
160 upvotes
Is anyone using this phone in the Cambridge area? I'm interested in it, just wondering about the LTE coverage between the tri-cities and Brantford/London. Any idea of how the reception is as you move north into the Muskoka region?
Banned
Sep 9, 2017
28 posts
21 upvotes
jeevan87 wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 1:04 am
I wrote another post to you before on this, but it was a bit earlier in the morning and after reading it again it does seem a bit long winded. I thought about rewriting it, but I think I will just write a new one.

I suggest contacting the seller and extending the buyer protection (see what they say) and wait an additional 2 weeks starting after the normal end date to see if it arrives.

I would highly recommend getting express shipping for any items from China from now on. It just doesn't make sense to be frugal in this case.

I am still curious which seller did you buy from. I bought both of mine from Eternal Team and with the exception of one message where the english was spotty (Although not surprising since Chinese and not English is the main language in China) they have been more than helpful in regards to answering my questions about their site as a first time buyer.
Z

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)