Expired Hot Deals

[Banggood] Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Global Edition 169.20 USD

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 9th, 2017 10:24 pm
Nov 30, 2003
182 posts
66 upvotes
Vancouver
Hi guys, I'm sorry but I have to be that guy. Is anybody able to provide or quote me a link to a vendor for a Redmi Note 4 that will work in Canada (preferable with Chatr)? I'm see that a lot of people are buying with GB rather than the vendor that OP has looked to. There are so many models offered on GB and I'm on mobile so I only scrolled back 10 pages of this thread before giving up. Working link to a proven cheap option, pretty please?
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2008
1081 posts
52 upvotes
Hippieson wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 11:48 am
Hi guys, I'm sorry but I have to be that guy. Is anybody able to provide or quote me a link to a vendor for a Redmi Note 4 that will work in Canada (preferable with Chatr)? I'm see that a lot of people are buying with GB rather than the vendor that OP has looked to. There are so many models offered on GB and I'm on mobile so I only scrolled back 10 pages of this thread before giving up. Working link to a proven cheap option, pretty please?
I don't know if this phone works with Chatr or not - that's something you have to research,however, I got it from here
[url=https://www.gear best.com/cell-phones/pp_702214.html?wid=4]delete the space[/url]
Mar 14, 2008
28 posts
10 upvotes
Hippieson wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 11:48 am
Sent you a pm
Banned
Sep 9, 2017
28 posts
21 upvotes
fusack wrote:
Sep 11th, 2017 1:23 pm
You can actually blame crappy Postal Agreements. You can't run a business delivering billions of packages for free, which is what Canada Post is basically required to do. As much as I would like to get my packages quicker I firmly believe that Canada Post and other countries should be "delaying" shipment (yes I mean 90+ days) from any country that is not providing a reasonable cost to deliver the package. China should be charging more (or some cases anything) and passing on the cost to delivery packages in Canada.
I agree that something should be done about the postal agreements in the future, but I disagree that current people who have had items shipped before such a change should have to wait a longer time just because of the huge backlog (that will only get larger as time goes on, it only takes 1 week by boat for an item to get from China to Canada, the rest of the delay is strictly due to Canada post). That is unjustly punishing customers who decided to choose CanadaPost in the first place.

And as for your suggestion for CanadaPost to intentionally delay a shipment for 90+ days, that is just a really stupid idea and from a business standpoint it will reflect badly on Canadapost (like how it is now).
Z
Oct 14, 2015
18 posts
3 upvotes
Surrey, BC
Macrumo wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 8:49 am
I wrote another post to you before on this, but it was a bit earlier in the morning and after reading it again it does seem a bit long winded. I thought about rewriting it, but I think I will just write a new one.

I suggest contacting the seller and extending the buyer protection (see what they say) and wait an additional 2 weeks starting after the normal end date to see if it arrives.

I would highly recommend getting express shipping for any items from China from now on. It just doesn't make sense to be frugal in this case.

I am still curious which seller did you buy from. I bought both of mine from Eternal Team and with the exception of one message where the english was spotty (Although not surprising since Chinese and not English is the main language in China) they have been more than helpful in regards to answering my questions about their site as a first time buyer.
Bought from Xiaomi Online Store. Think I'm done waiting for it. They are very supportive through messages, but it's been longer than I anticipated. Probably just gonna apply for a refund at this point.
Banned
Sep 9, 2017
28 posts
21 upvotes
jeevan87 wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 4:27 pm
Bought from Xiaomi Online Store. Think I'm done waiting for it. They are very supportive through messages, but it's been longer than I anticipated. Probably just gonna apply for a refund at this point.
Considering that someone above had to wait 3 months for windshield wipers I would say the waiting period still isn't over yet, the item is still in the mail waiting to be sorted...
Z
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
2497 posts
377 upvotes
GTA
jeevan87 wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 4:27 pm
Do you have any tracking info ? I ordered my first from Xiaomi Online Store and it took exactly 60 days

While the "official" tracking via sgpost, canadapost, etc were useless, trackitonline.ru have some interesting insights
Oct 14, 2015
18 posts
3 upvotes
Surrey, BC
flaming homer wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 4:36 pm
Do you have any tracking info ? I ordered my first from Xiaomi Online Store and it took exactly 60 days

While the "official" tracking via sgpost, canadapost, etc were useless, trackitonline.ru have some interesting insights
July 7th it shipped. Last update is "Despatched to overseas (Country Code: CA)" on July 15th. I've looked at all the other tracking websites and that's all there is for updates. Definitely should have just opted for express. Now falling into the sunk cost fallacy.
Banned
Sep 9, 2017
28 posts
21 upvotes
jeevan87 wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 4:40 pm
July 7th it shipped. Last update is "Despatched to overseas (Country Code: CA)" on July 15th. I've looked at all the other tracking websites and that's all there is for updates. Definitely should have just opted for express. Now falling into the sunk cost fallacy.
I would still recommend asking the seller to extend the buyer protection and waiting lets say 2 weeks for it, you said the seller was supportive but this shipping delay isn't really their fault. Although it sucks to wait this long for a phone, the seller and people from this thread should have been more clear that "free" shipping can actually take this long and sometimes it is worth it to pay the extra price and taxes+duty for express shipping.

Btw, where in Canada are you? Just wondering which part of the country it is being shipped to.
Z
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
2497 posts
377 upvotes
GTA
jeevan87 wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 4:40 pm
So what kind of tracking info were you given ? What is the last two letters ?
Banned
Sep 9, 2017
28 posts
21 upvotes
I added a small writeup on the main page summary for those who haven't been following the thread. I cut and pasted it here:

IMPORTANT

If you cheap out and choose the "free" shipping option, you can be waiting over TWO to THREE months for your phone to arrive. This is because free shipping routes to CanadaPost when it arrives in Canada and currently there is a HUGE backlog of items from China that is waiting to clear customs.

I highly recommend paying extra for DHL shipping. Note you will also have to pay about $24 Canadian dollars total in tax+duty when it arrives here. (If you want to save some money you can self-clear the package at DHL before delivery).

Yes, you read that right, you will end up paying extra for shipping + tax + duty if you choose the express option, but trust me, it is much better to get the phone in 9 days instead of waiting 60+ days and wondering when it arrive.
Z
Oct 14, 2015
18 posts
3 upvotes
Surrey, BC
flaming homer wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 4:54 pm
So what kind of tracking info were you given ? What is the last two letters ?
SG.
Oct 14, 2015
18 posts
3 upvotes
Surrey, BC
Macrumo wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 4:57 pm
Yes, you read that right, you will end up paying extra for shipping + tax + duty if you choose the express option, but trust me, it is much better to get the phone in 9 days instead of waiting 60+ days and wondering when it arrive.
This is very true. I've been waiting over 2 months, and I can't believe I'm reading people feel they're getting ripped off cause they gotta pay like $23 tax. It's worth it.
Jan 16, 2007
622 posts
103 upvotes
Toronto
Ordered 2 phones from GB about 5 months ago. It sure was sweet receiving both phones in about a month Tax/duty and shipping free.
I had a working phone to use while I waited. The other was a gift.
I preferred to roll the dice. That's part of the fun.
Banned
Sep 9, 2017
28 posts
21 upvotes
NubNub wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 5:37 pm
Ordered 2 phones from GB about 5 months ago. It sure was sweet receiving both phones in about a month Tax/duty and shipping free.
I had a working phone to use while I waited. The other was a gift.
I preferred to roll the dice. That's part of the fun.
That was 5 months ago (the item backlog has gotten larger and will get larger as time goes on), if you think rolling the dice and waiting is "fun" now, just wait until the upcoming holiday shopping season starts; Canada post and customs workers will be swamped and you might change your mind about not spending that $24 due to irrational frugality.
Last edited by Macrumo on Sep 12th, 2017 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Z

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)