• Last Updated:
  • Nov 9th, 2017 10:24 pm
Deal Addict
May 16, 2005
2182 posts
319 upvotes
NubNub wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 5:37 pm
Ordered 2 phones from GB about 5 months ago. It sure was sweet receiving both phones in about a month Tax/duty and shipping free.
I had a working phone to use while I waited. The other was a gift.
I preferred to roll the dice. That's part of the fun.
Like yourself I'm in no hurry for the phone, choose free shipping option, ordered from GBest on 9/4 and it left the country today, "Despatched to overseas (Country code: CA)"
Dec 27, 2008
242 posts
5 upvotes
Vancouver
Hey guys... so I read the past few pages of comments and saw aliexpress as one of the places I can preorder the Xiaomi Mi A1 global edition so it works on Rogers / Freedom Mobile here in Canada. There are so many resellers on Aliexpress. I googled the official dealer on Ali but there doesn't seem to be one? People on r/xiaomi are saying to go with goldway. Does it make a difference?
May 30, 2017
177 posts
39 upvotes
Streetsville, Missis…
snackk wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 6:24 pm
Hey guys... so I read the past few pages of comments and saw aliexpress as one of the places I can preorder the Xiaomi Mi A1 global edition so it works on Rogers / Freedom Mobile here in Canada. There are so many resellers on Aliexpress. I googled the official dealer on Ali but there doesn't seem to be one? People on r/xiaomi are saying to go with goldway. Does it make a difference?
Only 1 Ali retailer is selling it ATM, and it's the version without 1700. As for Ali sellers the best one is Hongkong Goldway but on RFD people seem to have had good experiences with Eternal and other stores.

I think Mi A1 Hong Kong version (1700) will only be widely available in 2 weeks.

PS There's no official Ali dealer. They just use the word to make themselves seem legit and Ali don't care
Jan 16, 2007
622 posts
103 upvotes
Toronto
Looking to buy more phones.

Just checked out GBest's shipping. What's the difference, time and courier fee wise to use DHL (SG) vs DHL(HK).
Also, is buying the insurance a good idea?

These phones are not for me, but for a buddy. I want to give him all the options available, even though I suggested he roll the dice like I did.

Thanks
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2008
1081 posts
52 upvotes
I think it ships from different countries as stated. I ordered through GB using the cheapest DHL which is SG (my package shows postage from Singapore) and paid only $7 something. Got my phone exactly in 4 days - which includes weekend, fastest..
NubNub wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 6:32 pm

Just checked out GBest's shipping. What's the difference, time and courier fee wise to use DHL (SG) vs DHL(HK).

These phones are not for me, but for a buddy. I want to give him all the options available, even though I suggested he roll the dice like I did.

Thanks
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2008
1081 posts
52 upvotes
Do you think anyone at PMall will be carrying the case for this phone? I don't want to wait over a month for the case and screen protector
Banned
Sep 9, 2017
28 posts
21 upvotes
NubNub wrote:

Thanks
You should definitely get insurance, it is only $3-$4.... that is not even the price of lunch and your buddy risks losing over $200 without it if something does go wrong.
Z
Penalty Box
Dec 16, 2013
1457 posts
517 upvotes
Mississauga
Hippieson wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 11:48 am
Hi guys, I'm sorry but I have to be that guy. Is anybody able to provide or quote me a link to a vendor for a Redmi Note 4 that will work in Canada (preferable with Chatr)? I'm see that a lot of people are buying with GB rather than the vendor that OP has looked to. There are so many models offered on GB and I'm on mobile so I only scrolled back 10 pages of this thread before giving up. Working link to a proven cheap option, pretty please?
Why not just OP's post?
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2014
1970 posts
435 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
NubNub wrote:
I want to give him all the options available, even though I suggested he roll the dice like I did.
Hot hand in the dice game, baby!
Dec 27, 2008
242 posts
5 upvotes
Vancouver
Should I hold off buying the Mi A1 until we confirm bands with the sellers?
May 30, 2017
177 posts
39 upvotes
Streetsville, Missis…
snackk wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 7:46 pm
Should I hold off buying the Mi A1 until we confirm bands with the sellers?
You can confirm bands by looking for B4 in the listing or asking the seller if it's the HK version. As for the roll-out in other countries, IDK about that. Speaking of which, you'd think Xiaomi would start making announcements about the phone's availability in other countries by now. If only the global roll-out was all on the same day like it is with iPhones.
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2010
1117 posts
334 upvotes
Quebec
Isn't the A1 considerably more expensive than the Redmi Note 4, for just about the same specs?
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2010
1117 posts
334 upvotes
Quebec
cellnerd wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 8:18 pm
You can confirm bands by looking for B4 in the listing or asking the seller if it's the HK version. As for the roll-out in other countries, IDK about that. Speaking of which, you'd think Xiaomi would start making announcements about the phone's availability in other countries by now. If only the global roll-out was all on the same day like it is with iPhones.
Xiaomi Official Aliexpress store seems to carry the A1 that includes B4 and B7 (but it costs 270 USD) : https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Pre-Sal ... 332e9d76c6
Mar 5, 2007
875 posts
444 upvotes
Macrumo wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 5:59 pm
...and you might change your mind about not spending that $24 due to irrational frugality.
Hey, calm down there. "Irrational frugality"? That's entirely up to whether saving $24 is worth the time. It entirely depends on the person. You can't just throw out a blanket statement like that.

Even ignoring that, my phone arrived after one month. I ordered 3 months ago. Is today different? I don't know, my package actually never went through the port of Vancouver. It ended up in the Netherlands, then Montreal, then to me in Ontario.

If you're so angry direct it to the appropriate place, not to someone here who saving $24 is worth it.
Banned
Sep 9, 2017
28 posts
21 upvotes
repatch wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 8:38 pm
Hey, calm down there. "Irrational frugality"? That's entirely up to whether saving $24 is worth the time. It entirely depends on the person. You can't just throw out a blanket statement like that.

Even ignoring that, my phone arrived after one month. I ordered 3 months ago. Is today different? I don't know, my package actually never went through the port of Vancouver. It ended up in the Netherlands, then Montreal, then to me in Ontario.

If you're so angry direct it to the appropriate place, not to someone here who saving $24 is worth it.
You are over reading things, there is no need to tell me to "calm down". You got wrong idea, you misread the tone of my voice, but I want to say I am not angry and you are wrong to think that way and to write that about me.

For what it is worth I say the $24 is worth spending, if you want to get your phone soon and without worries. That was the point I was trying to make.

If you don't like the above, I can also say: if someone won't mind waiting a couple of months or if they are not in a hurry at all and don't care when it arrives, then by all means go with the free shipping option. I think even you can agree with that.
Z

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)