• Last Updated:
  • Nov 9th, 2017 10:24 pm
May 30, 2017
170 posts
39 upvotes
Streetsville, Missis…
Balzard wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 8:20 pm
Isn't the A1 considerably more expensive than the Redmi Note 4, for just about the same specs?
Well, people would argue that with the Mi A1 you're getting proper stock Android, not just a ROM that may not function fully. On top of that some devs even blacklist ROMs like LOS. It's evil, but it's the reality we have to live with now that Google is giving into idiotic requests. You can't even use Android Pay with an unlocked bootloader.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2005
1821 posts
117 upvotes
Scarborough
I don't think android pay would even work as the phone doesn't have nfc.
Jan 12, 2008
831 posts
139 upvotes
snackk wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 7:46 pm
Should I hold off buying the Mi A1 until we confirm bands with the sellers?
That is what i am waiting for. I know the sellers can list it with B4, but i want to see at least one confirmed instance that it has the bands we need for Canada.
Balzard wrote:
Isn't the A1 considerably more expensive than the Redmi Note 4, for just about the same specs?
Not really...

Cheapest 4/64GB Redmi Note 4 with band 4+7= $189USD
Cheapest 4/64GB Mi A1 with a band 4+7 listing = $218USD
Mar 5, 2007
867 posts
443 upvotes
Balzard wrote:
Yup. For most the fact that it's as close to "stock" android as you can probably get is worth the extra cost. I personally really like MIUI! :)
Banned
Sep 9, 2017
28 posts
21 upvotes
snackk wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 7:46 pm
Should I hold off buying the Mi A1 until we confirm bands with the sellers?
I would even hold off until this phone is shipped out to people on major sites and they do a review first. The A1 looks to be a nice phone but it is best know for certain what you are getting by reading some reviews first.
Z
Sep 21, 2008
373 posts
35 upvotes
So bottom line, does this phone work correctly with videotron? That would be awesome!
Sep 1, 2017
3 posts
I had a Xiaomi 4, the screen has been broken twice within one month. Design is nice, cellphone runs fast, but the screen is terrible and waste of my money.
Banned
Dec 28, 2015
617 posts
232 upvotes
Westmount, QC
Macrumo wrote:
Sep 11th, 2017 8:35 pm
I agree that it is just madness, no one should wait 3 months in the mail for something. The people should definitely let Canada post know they are doing a very poor job in regards to sorting time. But I can't even find the email address for Canada post to tell them, looks like Canadapost doesn't like complaints. I don't like calling Canadapost because their hold times are ridiculous too. But people should definitely complain or else something won't change.
What do you expect when Canada Post doesn't get paid for delivering the packages? Im surprised they're even delivering it at all

If you want it fast, pay for courier
Dec 15, 2009
757 posts
37 upvotes
Ontario
Liking this phone a lot so I am going to get one for my ~70 y/o Dad as well as he needs a replacement phone.

Are there any smokin' deals @ GB, Ali or BG right now? (coupons?)

I will likely get him the 3/32 which is still much more phone than he needs but at under $200 I don't see a better phone to get him right now ...
Penalty Box
Dec 16, 2013
1457 posts
516 upvotes
Mississauga
Hagennes wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 7:23 am
I had a Xiaomi 4, the screen has been broken twice within one month. Design is nice, cellphone runs fast, but the screen is terrible and waste of my money.
Don't drop it.
Mar 5, 2007
867 posts
443 upvotes
Hagennes wrote:
Not sure what you have been doing with your phone? Perhaps you need a better case or something? I tend to be very careful with my devices, but even then my Note 4 has taken some minor tumbles without any troubles?
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2008
1081 posts
52 upvotes
On my Lenovo k3 Note, in the settings, I can schedule on/off which helped save a lot of battery time. I am not able to find in this phone - am I missing it..(of course other than turning it on/off myself :))?
Dec 23, 2015
135 posts
77 upvotes
riffr aff wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 7:58 am
Liking this phone a lot so I am going to get one for my ~70 y/o Dad as well as he needs a replacement phone.

Are there any smokin' deals @ GB, Ali or BG right now? (coupons?)

I will likely get him the 3/32 which is still much more phone than he needs but at under $200 I don't see a better phone to get him right now ...
If it's more phone than he needs you can save yourself $100 + with the Moto E deal right now.
Aug 29, 2007
629 posts
160 upvotes
6060842 wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 9:15 am
If it's more phone than he needs you can save yourself $100 + with the Moto E deal right now.
I certainly agree with this! That Moto E4 from Amazon.com comes to ~$60 after taxes, duties and shipping and it's more than capable.
Aug 7, 2005
187 posts
31 upvotes
Ottawa
Hagennes wrote:
I broke my screen (by dropping it) and I'm looking to replace the screen.
Did you do it yourself? If yes, which seller did you use to get the replacement screen?
If you did not do it yourself, which repair shop/person did you use and how much did it cost?
Thanks in advance.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)