Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Banggood

Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Global Edition 169.20 USD

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 9th, 2017 10:24 pm
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
18444 posts
9756 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
Yeah, if Canada Customs is that slow, might be worth it to just pay the extra $40-$50 for DHL shipping, customs and brokerage. Phones depreciate quickly and technology changes fast. It's somewhat frustrating ordering Chinese phones because it's common to see a better deal a few weeks later, long before you receive your original order.
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
17811 posts
5762 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
BryanBreguet wrote: Ahaha no more than 2 weeks? My last phone took 2.5 months to be delivered to me after it arrived in Canada. Many other people reported the same wait. Overall, from order to delivery, it takes 4 months now from China to Vancouver. Unless you use DHL.
DHL is the only way to go for these chinese sites. And can we stop posting USD pricing in our threads.
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
18444 posts
9756 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
weedb0y wrote: DHL is the only way to go for these chinese sites. And can we stop posting USD pricing in our threads.
USD pricing is appropriate because the exchange rate is not the same for everyone, and can fluctuate even within the same day.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2003
1327 posts
192 upvotes
Toronto
Global edition of the Redmi Note 4X with OTA support is now available via official Mi websites such as Taiwan and Hong Kong (3GB/16GB, 3GB/32GB and 4GB/64GB)
This is not to be confused with the Chinese edition of the phone with the Global ROM, as the 4G bands they support are different.

I guess the question now is....without asking someone to bring them back from countries outside of China, which sellers online sell the Global edition of the phone should I pay attention to?
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
18444 posts
9756 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
springroll wrote: Global edition of the Redmi Note 4X with OTA support is now available via official Mi websites such as Taiwan and Hong Kong (3GB/16GB, 3GB/32GB and 4GB/64GB)
This is not to be confused with the Chinese edition of the phone with the Global ROM, as the 4G bands they support are different.

I guess the question now is....without asking someone to bring them back from countries outside of China, which sellers online sell the Global edition of the phone should I pay attention to?
Xiaomi Online Store on AliExpress seems to be a good option.

I've always had good experiences with Gear-best too.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2003
1327 posts
192 upvotes
Toronto
Kurtz7834 wrote: Xiaomi Online Store on AliExpress seems to be a good option.

how does one identify whether it's truly the Global edition of the phone or not?
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
18444 posts
9756 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
springroll wrote: how does one identify whether it's truly the Global edition of the phone or not?
GLobal version has Snapdragon 625 and is usually the 32 / 3 version of the phone. look for Band 4 support.

It just got more complicated because there's a brand NEW global version with Snap 625 and 4 / 64. Wish this version had been available a few weeks ago when I ordered.
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2003
11234 posts
3800 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Where can someone in mainland china buy the global version? Thanks
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
18444 posts
9756 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
wlee wrote: Where can someone in mainland china buy the global version? Thanks
Officially I don't think you can buy the Global Version anywhere in China, because the Google Play store is not allowed to be preinstalled due to Chinese government law / policy. I think most of the Xiaomi 'Global Phones' actually come from India, from what I've read.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2003
1327 posts
192 upvotes
Toronto
Kurtz7834 wrote: Xiaomi Online Store on AliExpress seems to be a good option.

Gear-Best does carry it now too but does anyone know if stores such as this (and others like Banggood...etc) would send us the US power adapter?
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
18444 posts
9756 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
springroll wrote: Gear-Best does carry it now too but does anyone know if stores such as this (and others like Banggood...etc) would send us the US power adapter?
I believe this phone ships with the European power adapter as it was mostly intended for the Indian market. Some stores such as the Xiaomi Online Store include a Euro -> North American adapter.

In any event, this phone takes standard micro USB so chargers and cables should be easy to find anyways.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2011
1070 posts
164 upvotes
springroll wrote: Global edition of the Redmi Note 4X with OTA support is now available via official Mi websites such as Taiwan and Hong Kong (3GB/16GB, 3GB/32GB and 4GB/64GB)

is the 3GB/32GB version of RedMi Note 4X sold at official Mi store in HK the global edition or China edition with Google Play? @@ does anyone know?
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2003
1327 posts
192 upvotes
Toronto
Kurtz7834 wrote: I believe this phone ships with the European power adapter as it was mostly intended for the Indian market. Some stores such as the Xiaomi Online Store include a Euro -> North American adapter.

In any event, this phone takes standard micro USB so chargers and cables should be easy to find anyways.
I am not exactly sure why but this is the first Xiaomi phone I'm excited about (probably the fact it's well-priced for the package and would work on Koodo).
Using Aliexpress' free Aliexpress standard shipping, should I expect to pay custom and taxes upon arrival? If so, is there a table or calculator I should refer to?
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
18444 posts
9756 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
springroll wrote: I am not exactly sure why but this is the first Xiaomi phone I'm excited about (probably the fact it's well-priced for the package and would work on Koodo).
Using Aliexpress' free Aliexpress standard shipping, should I expect to pay custom and taxes upon arrival? If so, is there a table or calculator I should refer to?
Definitely get this updated version with 4 GB RAM and 64 GB storage for roughly $25 more.
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/produc ... 13973.html

Standard shipping - slow - 1-2 months at minimum - 95% likely no customs
DHL - fast - 1-2 weeks - 95% likely you will pay customs and brokerage. Add $40 -$50 onto your expected total, not including whatever the charge is for DHL shipping

So slow and cheap, or fast and expensive, up to you.
Apr 12, 2007
226 posts
50 upvotes
BC
There should not be customs on electronics.. just GST+PST+depending on which carrier is used, a fee.
springroll wrote: I am not exactly sure why but this is the first Xiaomi phone I'm excited about (probably the fact it's well-priced for the package and would work on Koodo).
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2003
1327 posts
192 upvotes
Toronto
Kurtz7834 wrote: Definitely get this updated version with 4 GB RAM and 64 GB storage for roughly $25 more.
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/produc ... 13973.html

Standard shipping - slow - 1-2 months at minimum - 95% likely no customs
DHL - fast - 1-2 weeks - 95% likely you will pay customs and brokerage. Add $40 -$50 onto your expected total, not including whatever the charge is for DHL shipping

So slow and cheap, or fast and expensive, up to you.
That was the one I was eyeing but the black one is unavailable. Not in a hurry so I'll just shop around and wait around.

That said - I've read reports that 4GB of RAM vs 3GB of RAM really doesn't really matter. If that's the case, it may make sense to buy the 3GB version and plug in a MicroSD card you have laying around.
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
18444 posts
9756 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
springroll wrote: That was the one I was eyeing but the black one is unavailable. Not in a hurry so I'll just shop around and wait around.

That said - I've read reports that 4GB of RAM vs 3GB of RAM really doesn't really matter. If that's the case, it may make sense to buy the 3GB version and plug in a MicroSD card you have laying around.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Global- ... 63337.html

This is the one I ordered a few weeks ago. All colours are available and you save roughly $20 USD.

The thing with Chinese phones is unless you use DHL they take 1-2 months to arrive, so you wanna order ASAP, so the clock can start to tick down and the phone can get on its way to you.
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
17811 posts
5762 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
How's the camera on this? If my wife is complaining about LG G3 camera vs iPhone, is this comparable to the higher end samsungs and/or iPhones?
Deal Addict
May 2, 2005
1254 posts
387 upvotes
North York
weedb0y wrote: How's the camera on this? If my wife is complaining about LG G3 camera vs iPhone, is this comparable to the higher end samsungs and/or iPhones?
There are 2 different sensors shipping with this phone now, a Sony and a Samsung. The Sony is the better sensor of the two, but in any case, the answer to your question is no, not at all. You get what you pay for in this phone at least.