Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Banggood

Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Global Edition 169.20 USD

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 9th, 2017 10:24 pm
Feb 11, 2013
359 posts
202 upvotes
Toronto

Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Global Edition 169.20 USD

Deal Link:
Price:
169.20 USD
Retailer:
Banggood
Pre-Order : 188 USD after 10% coupon n4global it comes to 169.20 USD. + Free Shipping to Canada.
It will start shipping after March 18th

I saw the same released on Honorbuy a week back but shipping to canada was around 34$ and that also with DHL which will add customs on top.

It is a good price for the global version IMO. The listing shows that it support all LTE bands. I was looking for Telus Band 4 which is not available other variants of the same model.
The listing shows EU charger. It seems it is released for EU only
The reviews are pretty good.
There are improvements over the predecessor Redmi Note 3 but in certain areas like Single processor & graphic performance it is tad behind in benchmarks but it gains over battery life and multi core performance thanks to the new processor.

Basic Information
Model Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 (3GB+32GB) Global Edition
Color Black, Gold
Network Band 2G: GSM 900/1800/1900MHz
3G: WCDMA 850/900/1900/2100MHz
4G: FDD-LTE B1/B3/B4/B5/B7/B8/B20/B38/B40
Sim Card Dual SIM Card Dual Standby
Card Slot 1 supports Micro-SIM Card
Card Slot 2 Supports Nano-SIM Card/ Micro SD Card
Shell Material Metal

System
OS MIUI V8
CPU MSM8953, Snapdragon 625, 4x2.0Ghz A53 + 4x2.0Ghz A53, 64-bit
GPU Adreno 506
ROM 32GB
RAM 3GB
Card Extend Supports an external Micro SD card up to 128GB (VFAT)

Screen
Display Size 5.5 Inch
Type FHD Capacitive Touch Screen, 72% NTSC color gamut, support Sunlight Display, Night Display
Brightness 450nit
Resolution 1080*1920 pixels
PPI 403
Multitouch Yes

Support Format
Ringtones Type Polyphonic / MP3
Audio format ACC, MP3, AMR, FLAC, APE, WAV
Video File Format MP4, M4V, MKV, XVID
Graphical Format JPEG/PNG/GIF/BMP
Earphone Port 3.5mm

Data Transfer & Connectivity
Data transfer USB/Bluetooth
Mobile internet WAP/WiFi

General
Camera/Picture
Resolution Dual Cameras:
Front camera 5.0MP
ƒ/2.0 aperture
Beautify with 36 smart beauty profiles
Back camera 13.0MP
Two-tone flash
Support PDAF
5-element lens
ƒ/2.0 aperture
78° wide-angle
Panorama, Straighten, Manual mode, Scene mode, Timer, HDR
Message SMS/MMS
Keyboard QWERTY Virtual
Input Handwrite/Keypad
GPS GPS+AGPS+GLONASS+BeiDou
WIFI 802.11 a/b/g/n, WIFI Display, WiFi Direct
Bluetooth BT4.1, HID

Sensor
Ambient Light Sensor Support
Gyroscope Support
E-compass Support
Proximity sensor Support
Accelerometer Support
IR remote Support
Hall Sensor Support
Fingerprint(Back) Support

Other Feature WIFI, GPS, 4G, 3G, Bluetooth, Games, calendar, calculator, clock, camera, etc
Battery(Built-in) 4010mAh(typ) / 4000mAh(min)
USB connector Micro USB
Dimensions 151*76*8.35mm
Weight 165g

Package Included 1 x Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Smartphone
1 x USB Cable
1 x EU Charger
Thread Summary
IMPORTANT

If you cheap out and choose the "free" shipping option, you can be waiting over TWO to THREE months for your phone to arrive. This is because free shipping routes to CanadaPost when it arrives in Canada and currently there is a HUGE backlog of items from China that is waiting to clear customs.

I highly recommend paying extra for DHL shipping. Note you will also have to pay about $24 Canadian dollars total in tax+duty when it arrives here. (If you want to save some money you can self-clear the package at DHL before delivery).

Yes, you read that right, you will end up paying extra for shipping + tax + duty if you choose the express option, but trust me, it is much better to get the phone in 9 days instead of waiting 60+ days and wondering when it will arrive.

================

I wrote a guide clarifying some issues when buying this phone: [mod edit, removed shortened link]
There seems to be some confusion which Xiaomi phones will work in Canada. There is a lot of outdated info floating out on the internet, I want to clear it up in September 2017).

There are 2 types of Global versions, international versions etc. Whatever you or the sellers want to call it. I will split them into Software and Hardware.

For software:

Let me explain, when Xiaomi releases a phone, sometimes it is China only, and will have a Chinese language OS and doesn’t include the Google Play store. People outside of China usually don’t want that since they don’t understand the Chinese language, so some sellers will put their own unofficial ROM (with the language changed) on the phone and sell it. This is due to great sales pressure from people around the world wanting to buy a Xiaomi phone and Xiaomi not releasing a “Global” version at the same time. If you do get such a phone and want to update the OS via OTA it won’t work, but that is not a big problem, you have to wait until Xiaomi releases a official Global ROM and then download it to your phone and manually update it. Waiting for an official OS might take ??? (But see below for further explanation).

If you are unsure if the phone you want has an official Global version despite whatever the seller is stating (sometimes the seller hires customer service reps to answer questions and they are not very into the details and specs of phones, it happens) you can check the MIUI download page: http://en.miui.com/download.html

If a global ROM is available, then you can be more certain that the OS is not a seller installed one. Otherwise if no official global version exists on the page, then the seller most likely loaded their own OS on the phone. Whether you want to buy the phone now or wait (until when?) Xiaomi releases the Global ROM is up to you.

But this only happens to NEWLY released phones (that you can’t wait to get, but don’t want to wait for an official OS, you see?), so for phones (Like this Xiaomi redmi Note 4 that have been out EIGHT months, you are mostly 99%+ likely to get the Global ROM) because Xiaomi has officially released it on the website listed above and the seller doesn’t have to go thru the trouble of loading a English language ROM for you when it already comes preinstalled from the factory.

For hardware:

Almost ALL (yes ALL, I have been reading the specs pages when deciding to buy a phone) Xiaomi phones won’t 100% completely work in Canada. Talk and text will 100% work, data won’t. China uses different bands than here. For Canada, most notable is the missing band 4. You can check the specs page on the seller site, and if in the 4G section if band 4 is not listed (for example B4) you can be 100% certain will not get max speed when using data. For some it doesn’t matter, I don’t have a data plan and could care less if band 4 is gone), but others that have data might have to get by with lower speeds when using a Xiaomi phone. (Band 7 is also used in Canada, and Xiaomi phones do have band 7, but I read the coverage isn’t all that great at places, so it is up to you if you want to try.)

How to choose:

So that being said, what makes this Red Note 4 special. It has band 4! (Probably the only Xiaomi phones that does, so that is why it is so popular here on RFD because it works in Canada!)

So how can you be certain which phone to buy out of all the listed Redmi Note 4 versions? The Note 4 phones with SnapDragon 625 CPU will always have band 4.

The answer is: So long as the CPU is a “Snapdragon 625” and the ROM is “Global” then it covers both the hardware and software requirements. (Don’t get the “MediaTek” CPU version and don’t get the “Non-global” ROM.)

Aside from the above choice, the only thing you have to choose is either getting the 3GB RAM/32GB ROM or the 4GB RAM/64GB ROM.

So that concludes my explanation, I hope it helps and if there are any question or comments just let me know.
FAQs

Q: Is the Redmi Note 4x (snapdragon) / Redmi Note 4 (MediaTek) the same thing?
A: No. You want the Redmi Note 4 (snapdragon).

Q: Can be boot loader be unlocked? Can the phone be rooted? Can I install custom roms onto it?
A: Yes, yes, yes. Unlocking bootloader requires that your phone has connected to your MI account for 72 hours so start the process early.

Q: Does this work with wind?
A: No.
1184 replies
Apr 29, 2013
434 posts
98 upvotes
Montreal
Anyone know what's the difference between this and the 4X? Is this able to do simultaneous 3G on both sim cards so that I can use my fido data plan at the same time as my telus voice and text plan (telus doesn't have a 2G network). My current Redmi Note 3 Pro can do this. Any info appreciated.
Jan 21, 2016
339 posts
347 upvotes
GVRD
These global edition Redmi Note 4 have very inconsistent LTE band listings on each seller's sale pages..
First rule of RFD is you don't mention RFD.
Second rule of RFD is you don't call customer service regarding price errors.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2008
2931 posts
1523 upvotes
North York
how does it compare to this model?

http://www.banggood.com/Xiaomi-Redmi-No ... alsobought

xiaomi very confusing with number of different models and internals... i think samsung has so many to mess with your head so you just buy the flagship but xiaomi is just all over the place.

do people not typically get dinged by customs on ~$200 phones? would it just be all regular sales tax, ie like $26 in Ontario?
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
3735 posts
3498 upvotes
quazy wrote: how does it compare to this model?

http://www.banggood.com/Xiaomi-Redmi-No ... alsobought

xiaomi very confusing with number of different models and internals... i think samsung has so many to mess with your head so you just buy the flagship but xiaomi is just all over the place.

do people not typically get dinged by customs on ~$200 phones? would it just be all regular sales tax, ie like $26 in Ontario?
I'd also like to know this. I don't think any of these phones support the 700MHz band, though. Looking to replace a Moto X Play and a LG G4 on Public Mobile.
Nov 24, 2002
444 posts
859 upvotes
I follow the deals
I bought the Redmi Note 3 Pro Special Global Edition (mouthful!) during the last 11.11 sale and it arrived in my mailbox without any customs fees of any kind. That said, it also took 3 months to arrive, so I would definitely recommend springing for the express shipping if they offer it.

I can't speak to the 4 or 4X, but the 3 was an amazing surprise. I did not expect the build quality to be quite so good. Unlocking the bootloader was a bit of a hassle, but once I did so and loaded it up with the latest LineageOS, it runs like a dream.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
3735 posts
3498 upvotes
I'm just worried about dropping down to the 600 series SOCs as I've only used the flagship 800 series before.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2004
5136 posts
2179 upvotes
Mississauga
Other websites are showing less LTE bands for this version.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2006
1215 posts
661 upvotes
van1337 wrote: These global edition Redmi Note 4 have very inconsistent LTE band listings on each seller's sale pages..
Be careful its just bad english
there are four versions of snapdragon
Redmi note 4x ( chinese version)
redmi note 4 ( indian version)
redmi note 4 ( international version)
and theres also a hong kong versian each version is made to work in country they are sold in.
Problem is some sellers flash international ROM on chinese versian. But its not true international version!
Last edited by bryceton on Mar 16th, 2017 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2006
1215 posts
661 upvotes
orbitdesign wrote:
I'm just worried about dropping down to the 600 series SOCs as I've only used the flagship 800 series before.
I wouldnt replace if 820 +
this phone is solid though and main point of it is reliability + battery life.
Nov 24, 2009
160 posts
236 upvotes
Cornwall, ON
I'll be needing a new phone and thinking of the Xiaomi note series but was other have said very very confusing. I'm looking to spent as close to $200 CDN as possible and on Virgin, any suggestions?
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2006
1215 posts
661 upvotes
fusack wrote: I'll be needing a new phone and thinking of the Xiaomi note series but was other have said very very confusing. I'm looking to spent as close to $200 CDN as possible and on Virgin, any suggestions?
based on your requirements get this phone!

Or if you need it cheaper/ smaller screen get redmi 4x

Both you should be very happy with snapdragon 625 provides amazing battery life
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
3735 posts
3498 upvotes
Is it really a problem if this phone doesn't support the 700MHz band? I know it' not an issue in the GTA core, but I'm in Cambridge... thoughts?
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
3735 posts
3498 upvotes
bryceton wrote: based on your requirements get this phone!

Or if you need it cheaper/ smaller screen get redmi 4x

Both you should be very happy with snapdragon 625 provides amazing battery life
Aren't the Note 4 and 4x identical, other than one was an India release? Specs show the same...
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2006
1215 posts
661 upvotes
orbitdesign wrote: Is it really a problem if this phone doesn't support the 700MHz band? I know it' not an issue in the GTA core, but I'm in Cambridge... thoughts?
700 mhz i dont use i assume telus lte?
no problem at all, worst case if it doesnt pickup 4g it will just fall back on 3g.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2006
1215 posts
661 upvotes
orbitdesign wrote: Aren't the Note 4 and 4x identical, other than one was an India release? Specs show the same...
bands may or may not be different, english box, fcc sticker and global rom out of the box
Last edited by bryceton on Mar 16th, 2017 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
3735 posts
3498 upvotes
bryceton wrote: 700 mhz i dont use i assume telus lte?
no problem at all, worst case if it doesnt pickup 4g it will just fall back on 3g.
Yea, it's part of the Telus LTE network... it still has the higher frequencies, but I'd rather it never fall back to 3G, if possible.
Can you comment on the Note 4 vs 4x?
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2006
1215 posts
661 upvotes
orbitdesign wrote: Yea, it's part of the Telus LTE network... it still has the higher frequencies, but I'd rather it never fall back to 3G, if possible.
Can you comment on the Note 4 vs 4x?
If we are talking about snapdragon version(s) then no difference just check the bands to confirm its labeled right version for you
4x roms will work with 4
just make sure its snapdragon
note : indian version build quality isnt as good, but no reason for anyone in canada to buy it.

if you mean the original 4, spec wise its better than snapdragon but has worse baseband support and will have less custom roms going forward. ( not as good battery as well)

for baseband lookup in your area you can use this
https://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
3735 posts
3498 upvotes
Thanks for the info... would you recommend the Note 3 over the 4, as it's a 650 SOC?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)