Bank & Credit Union SIGN UP BONUS Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 28th, 2019 12:52 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2010
4018 posts
4409 upvotes
GTA
mbmbkop wrote: FirstOntario member must set up direct deposit (pension or payroll) to qualify for the free gift. Incentive will be fulfilled after 1 direct deposit cycle. Program runs from May 2 to June 22, 2016.

Pension or payroll DD kills it for me - too much hustle.
+1
I actually knew about this but was on the fence given that I don't feel comfortable getting HR to switch bank details, and even still I would use this on a BMO or something better if I did choose to switch payroll :)
Deal Addict
May 15, 2013
2048 posts
636 upvotes
Alberta
I've just got my $100 from Meridian Credit Union and my first $30 from La Capitale. Thanks OP !
Deal Guru
Aug 8, 2012
10198 posts
4028 upvotes
BC
martydxb, suggestion to consider: please post a new post whenever you do an edit to add something to OP!

Just something like "added Bank ABC deal XYZ" ... that way we can get notified of new deals that are thread-of-threads-worthy via subscription :D
POLL: How frequent is your RRSP-matching?
Plastiq: Pay any bill with credit card for 0-2.5% fee (help meet min spending and keep old cards active!)
Rewards program transfer times (e.g. SPG->Aeroplan, Marriott->SPG, Amex MR->SPG...)
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2010
4018 posts
4409 upvotes
GTA
ace604 wrote: martydxb, suggestion to consider: please post a new post whenever you do an edit to add something to OP!

Just something like "added Bank ABC deal XYZ" ... that way we can get notified of new deals that are thread-of-threads-worthy via subscription :D
I will keep this in mind.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2013
2624 posts
2119 upvotes
Toronto
iamthebest wrote: He wants also breakfast in bed :razz:
Atleast he contributes more in finance forum than others.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2008
15587 posts
7027 upvotes
Gatineau
iamthebest wrote: I've just got my $100 from Meridian Credit Union and my first $30 from La Capitale. Thanks OP !
+1. Now waiting on the final $20 Bonus from La Capitale.

djino
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2016
2297 posts
2777 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Great post. Just found it today and I'm always here?
Deal Addict
May 15, 2013
2048 posts
636 upvotes
Alberta
JaiKor wrote: Atleast he contributes more in finance forum than others.
No doubt about that.

Btw, he likes orange juice and croissants.
Deal Addict
May 15, 2013
2048 posts
636 upvotes
Alberta
djino wrote: +1. Now waiting on the final $20 Bonus from La Capitale.

djino
Me too, they are supposed to deposit it within a month.
Deal Addict
May 15, 2013
2048 posts
636 upvotes
Alberta
dotsandpixels wrote: Great post. Just found it today and I'm always here?
Yeah, thanks to me that brought it back to life :D :razz: :lol:
Deal Guru
Aug 8, 2012
10198 posts
4028 upvotes
BC
dotsandpixels wrote: Great post. Just found it today and I'm always here?
It's kind of a lurking thread because not many posts ... but now that I've apparently been granted free breakfast requests we might see the thread bumped a bit on updates.
iamthebest wrote: Yeah, thanks to me that brought it back to life :D :razz: :lol:
Ya, and thanks to me to suggest how to keep it going ... and thanks to marty for making this meta-thread.

And thanks to all breakfast donations
Plastiq: Pay any bill with credit card for 0-2.5% fee (help meet min spending and keep old cards active!)
Rewards program transfer times (e.g. SPG->Aeroplan, Marriott->SPG, Amex MR->SPG...)
Deal Guru
Aug 8, 2012
10198 posts
4028 upvotes
BC
martydxb wrote: +1
I actually knew about this but was on the fence given that I don't feel comfortable getting HR to switch bank details, and even still I would use this on a BMO or something better if I did choose to switch payroll :)
Marty et. al. ... this seems kind of meta-banking-promo-related enough to post here ...

BMO thread has confirmed that a recurring transfer from Tangerine qualifies as a direct deposit for that promo. So you don't have to save an HR switch for BMO, just use Tangerine.

... and possibly Tangerine might count as DD for other bank promos too?? worth a shot. Set it up, then confirm afterwards "does this qualify?"

Tangerine's deposits are coded as "Investment" so may fool other requirements that strictly check codes (if any actually do ... possibly they just say "direct deposit" but in actuality *any* EFT deposit will count).
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2010
4018 posts
4409 upvotes
GTA
ace604 wrote: Marty et. al. ... this seems kind of meta-banking-promo-related enough to post here ...

BMO thread has confirmed that a recurring transfer from Tangerine qualifies as a direct deposit for that promo. So you don't have to save an HR switch for BMO, just use Tangerine.

... and possibly Tangerine might count as DD for other bank promos too?? worth a shot. Set it up, then confirm afterwards "does this qualify?"

Tangerine's deposits are coded as "Investment" so may fool other requirements that strictly check codes (if any actually do ... possibly they just say "direct deposit" but in actuality *any* EFT deposit will count).
Thanks for the tip.
Deal Addict
Aug 8, 2008
1120 posts
199 upvotes
Ottawa
I received the Scotia bank $300 targeted offer by email however I previously had a basic banking account (terms say you won't get the bonus if you've had this). ? Anyone have experience with this?

EDIT: called and was told I'm eligible. So I guess it doesn't matter
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2008
15587 posts
7027 upvotes
Gatineau
iamthebest wrote: I got my $20 from La Capitale :razz:
As did I and have already transferred it out into Tangerine.

I now just wait for my Meridian $100 that's on hold, to be available next month. :)

djino
"Its been a nice summer of free Cash between CIBC, Meridian, and LaCapitale"
Last edited by djino on Aug 6th, 2016 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2008
15587 posts
7027 upvotes
Gatineau
Duplicate
Last edited by djino on Aug 6th, 2016 3:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2008
15587 posts
7027 upvotes
Gatineau
Duplicate
Last edited by djino on Aug 6th, 2016 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2008
15587 posts
7027 upvotes
Gatineau
Duplicate
Last edited by djino on Aug 6th, 2016 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)