Tags:
None
[OP]
Sep 8, 2010
258 posts
17 upvotes
Chambly

Which bank should I go with??

Debating weather to go with BMO, RBC, NBC or CIBC. I have been strictly dealing with TD for past 20 years and I am starting to think it was a bad idea. They seem less and less motivated to win my business lately, so maybe opening elsewhere would be a good thing.

I am looking to open both personal and business accounts, RESP, TFSA and investment/trading accounts. Any others offer to waive the fees with a minimum balance like TD? If not, then maybe i can keep my daily accounts at TD while using the rest for RESP and trading accounts.

What are your thoughts/experience on the ones I mentioned?
3 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2010
4258 posts
616 upvotes
BMO feels old and slow, a lot worse than TD.
I would guess that there is very little difference between the big banks where it comes to earning your business. The simple fact is, they don't have to earn it, Canadians in general are running after big and safe companies rather than small and agile companies.
Your chances are with a smaller bank that may value your business more than the big guys. But you know, you get what you pay for.
Same deal with the cell phone companies, most people would be ok going with Mobilicity or Wind but most people aren't willing to take that leap of faith.
Do you get better service for paying more? Yes, but not by much in my opinion.
I assume it's going to be the same with the banks.
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
8434 posts
5844 upvotes
Markham
Are you interested in exchanging currency? TD consistently has the best rates. All the other banks are higher by 1% to 1.5%. I know it isn't a lot, but these things add up.