Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Barbecue World

BBQ world site sale - Thermoworks Thermapen MK4 $114.74

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 2nd, 2018 7:25 pm
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2003
1458 posts
796 upvotes
North York

BBQ world site sale - Thermoworks Thermapen MK4 $114.74

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
15% off
Retailer:
Barbecue World
I've been lusting over the Thermoworks Thermapen MK4 for over a year now and found very limited number of online stores carry it in Canada. Yes it's an overpriced gadget if you aren't a pro chef, but if you're a charcoal cooking meat lover like myself, this is the best of them all if you need speed and accuracy.

www.barbecueworld.com has a sale today on many items, Canadian based company and free shipping over $99

https://www.barbecueworld.com/thermapen ... color.html

Recent Thermapen US deal w/ RFD discussion here:
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/thermowo ... #p29795932

Meat thermometer review:
https://amazingribs.com/ratings-reviews ... nd-cooking

The older "classic" version is $89.24 (reg $104.99)
https://www.barbecueworld.com/splash-pr ... ellow.html

and the smaller Thermopop is $33.99 (reg $39.99)
https://www.barbecueworld.com/thermopop-purple.html

BTW, I used Wachete to monitor the price change for me and it worked well, emailed me as soon as their webpage changed.

13 replies
Aug 21, 2017
24 posts
30 upvotes
hands down the best thermometer brand out there. while pricey for most, I opted for the thermopop and it's amazing. At it's core, you basically just want fast and accurate readings and from what I've read the thermapen is just a little faster than the thermopop and with a few 'nice to have' features.

I do a lot of smoking and grilling but it's great for any kind of cooking really. no more dried out food or more importantly, undercooked food :)

Thanks OP!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2003
8455 posts
2000 upvotes
Thanks. Bought one.

My friend showed it to me while we were BBQing this summer and i never got around to checking it out or buying one. Good timing.

To be honest though, I never have an issue smoking or BBQing by eye, because I do it often and have been since i was a little kid. I can see this mostly helping my parents or if I happen to bake something.

Either way, in terms of being a useful tool, its solid.
Jul 5, 2007
237 posts
91 upvotes
Guelph
Pretty sure these are the thermometers that homebrewers drool over.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2008
1450 posts
1346 upvotes
Oakville
Is it not cheaper to buy from Thermoworks direct. It's on sale for US$79.20 +US$9.99 shipping to Canada (duties/fees included). Converted at 1.31 exchange rate, it comes out to around C$117.

BBQ World's price after tax is C$129.65

I just bought 3 of the regular Thermapens when they went on sale last week at 25% off. Worked out to be C$84 each all in compared to BBQ World's sale price of $100.84 all in.
Last edited by LOOSEWHEEL on Nov 2nd, 2018 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2009
2623 posts
3724 upvotes
GTA
Another endorsement for a Thermapen. Use it for cooking, BBQ, baking.
Ours is the "classic", as got it quite a while ago. Think I had to change the CR2032 battery once in all the years we have had it.

We keep it in the glow in the dark/magnetic silicone sleeve. Magnets are the nice part as this way it is always out and in reach (on top of our stove hood).
Nov 6, 2007
376 posts
246 upvotes
London
Buggy166 wrote: Thanks. Bought one.

My friend showed it to me while we were BBQing this summer and i never got around to checking it out or buying one. Good timing.

To be honest though, I never have an issue smoking or BBQing by eye, because I do it often and have been since i was a little kid. I can see this mostly helping my parents or if I happen to bake something.

Either way, in terms of being a useful tool, its solid.
Agree, I have the MK4, it is the best BBQ tool I've purchased.

If you want to buy from source, the MK4 is on sale right now, 20% off any colour. $79.20 USD + $14 USD Flat shipping (includes all duty and taxes): https://www.thermoworks.com/Thermapen-Mk4
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2005
4118 posts
2270 upvotes
Toronto
You cant check the done-ness of chicken, steak, or any meat by looking at it's colour or touching it. I've got the thermopop and smoke and I never cook without either of them.

This is a good deal, these never go on sale.
Jul 21, 2005
283 posts
348 upvotes
My wife got me one for my birthday last year...can't believe she paid this much for a thermometer. Sure, it's a great thermometer...but the thermopops are like 1/4 the price and do the same thing.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2005
3135 posts
1133 upvotes
Winnipeg
Buy this. No regrets!! Ive used one for years and cant live without it now.
Dec 28, 2011
940 posts
468 upvotes
Victoria
I love mine, got mine originally on an RFD sale 3-4 years ago. Best BBQ tool.
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2010
3071 posts
1585 upvotes
I've had the MK4 for years now...its awesome.

Also have invested in the Smoke, Chef Alarm and every probe they make.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
2639 posts
407 upvotes
Winnipeg
kanewtz wrote: I've had the MK4 for years now...its awesome.

Also have invested in the Smoke, Chef Alarm and every probe they make.
Yup, the Smoke is another great product for smoking. The only dud has been the Gateway, what a piece of crap that thing was.

As has already been mentioned, just buy direct. They often have a freebie throw in as well, from a magnet chart to mini
keychain versions to spatulas. Even if they don't, I'd buy direct and avoid any potential issues with non authorized vendors and warranty
Dec 15, 2017
76 posts
24 upvotes
Oh man i really want this but down on one salary now :(

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)