• Last Updated:
  • Apr 21st, 2017 4:03 am
Tags:
None
Jan 30, 2010
338 posts
141 upvotes
North Battleford
The user has another facebook page called BB#2 . It has non amazon hot deals.
Oct 20, 2016
82 posts
231 upvotes
Montreal
I really hope it's not shut down for good. I regularly visited that page and found out about so many awesome deals.

Thanks for all the deals, Bargain Barreler.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
10820 posts
1461 upvotes
City of Vancouver
Old thread.

Never heard of Bargain Barrel.

I guess ppl here kept mum about the dealz there?
Oct 20, 2016
82 posts
231 upvotes
Montreal
I didn't even notice that this thread was from 2015! Wow Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes

I heard about it on here actually, just stumbled across a post that mentioned it. I guess people don't really like disclosing their sources for deals (especially concerning Amazon deals) as there's sometimes/usually a very limited quantity available.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2004
2087 posts
278 upvotes
Becks wrote:
Apr 16th, 2017 2:36 pm
Old thread.

Never heard of Bargain Barrel.

I guess ppl here kept mum about the dealz there?
I'm surprised you've never heard of him since you've been here since 2005. Barrels was an epic Amazon deals (along with other stores - but mostly Amazon) poster on here beginning about a decade ago. A couple of years ago, he quit RFD cold turkey and started posting his Amazon deals on his Facebook page. About a year ago, he opened up a second Facebook page for non-Amazon deals. If you remember Mahjongmaniac, Barrels was the MM of Amazon deals. Many (I'd say most) of the Amazon deals you have seen on here the last 2-3 years have been ripped from Barrels' website and posted here without credit to him.
Deal Addict
May 15, 2016
1234 posts
147 upvotes
Chookman wrote:
Apr 19th, 2017 8:00 pm
I'm surprised you've never heard of him since you've been here since 2005. Barrels was an epic Amazon deals (along with other stores - but mostly Amazon) poster on here beginning about a decade ago. A couple of years ago, he quit RFD cold turkey and started posting his Amazon deals on his Facebook page. About a year ago, he opened up a second Facebook page for non-Amazon deals. If you remember Mahjongmaniac, Barrels was the MM of Amazon deals. Many (I'd say most) of the Amazon deals you have seen on here the last 2-3 years have been ripped from Barrels' website and posted here without credit to him.
Who and what happened to this mahjongmaniac person? I see him referenced all the time but never knew who he was.

What is barrel's non amazon fb page?
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2004
2087 posts
278 upvotes
vivibaby wrote:
Apr 20th, 2017 3:51 am
Who and what happened to this mahjongmaniac person? I see him referenced all the time but never knew who he was.

What is barrel's non amazon fb page?
MJM was probably the most active poster on RFD at one point by far. I think he had something like 10000 more posts than the second highest poster on the board but a lot of his posts were also quality deals. And like Barrels, he quit RFD cold turkey.

Barrels' other FB page.
Deal Guru
Nov 16, 2004
13210 posts
966 upvotes
Toronto
I always wonder if people quit or if they fell ill or died. As horrible as that suggestion is, I have been on RFD for years. At some points, some people have known me personally.

If a big poster just stops posting, since we are talking about years of membership, it IS an actual possibility.

Truth is, we probably have hundreds if not thousands of RFD users who are now no longer living, but unless someone tells us first hand about them, we would have no idea.

Okay, back to my cave ...
"Deal of the Day" addict