• Last Updated:
  • Jun 20th, 2012 3:47 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Sep 3, 2007
15992 posts
375 upvotes
RFD booth @NIU? I'll probably come say hi and shake hands. Never been to NIU ever. :|
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2010
2505 posts
571 upvotes
iEyeCaptain wrote:
Jun 20th, 2012 10:42 am
Voted this post for 'Most Shameless Pitch for Company-Paid Non-Vacation-Day-Consuming Vacation Ever'.
Why do you hate so much?

I want to interact with all the RFD communities throughout Canada. We don't do enough of it and I want to include as many users/people as possible. It's not totally fair that we only limit ourselves to southern Ontario.
For all community related matters, please PM TomRFD
Jul 5, 2004
23842 posts
3402 upvotes
oranr wrote:
Jun 20th, 2012 12:02 pm
Why do you hate so much?

I want to interact with all the RFD communities throughout Canada. We don't do enough of it and I want to include as many users/people as possible. It's not totally fair that we only limit ourselves to southern Ontario.
And by Southern Ontario, you meant GTA right? :lol:

In all seriousness, an RFD trip starting in Montreal then heading west all the way to Vancouver would be neat. Stop in Montreal, Ottawa, Kingston, Sudbury, Sault Ste. Marie, Winnipeg, Calgary and Vancouver. Do some community event (BBQ, etc.) there and invite all the local RFD'ers. You'd probably get a good turnout, plus if you advertised ahead of time you could get a lot of people showing up that aren't currently RFD members.

Not that it's realistic as it would cost a ton of money (gas alone would cost a ton, especially if you were towing a trailer of some kind, or had a large van/truck), but it would be neat.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 23, 2008
7127 posts
1747 upvotes
I think its a great idea, I understand that allocating funds for this might be a challenge, however it could be heavily subsidized by a few things that way it would be less drain on the powers that be and have a fun filled community interaction event for all.

Event:
Charging a entry ticket for the event (less than $3)?
Charging for hot dogs, smokies, cookies, pop etc?
Making use of Volunteers. (Rewarding them with corporate memorabilia)?

A cross Canada trip is also feasible, (the staff might need to step up above on beyond for this) however it could be a good outreach to people across the country and in return provide some free publicity as an incentive for the Corporates.
The cost saving ways are limitless if you go the RFD way, from making use of an RV to rest stops, cheap gas, 2-1 coupons and, motel deals and a trunk full of Music to keep you going. :cheesygri

Now Derek just need to pull some strings and do some magic to make it happen. ;)
Nothing is true, everything is permitted - Ezio Auditore.
Jul 5, 2004
23842 posts
3402 upvotes
mrperfect wrote:
Jun 20th, 2012 1:14 pm
Now Derek just need to pull some strings and do some magic to make it happen. ;)
So Derek is "upper management?"
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
16156 posts
3256 upvotes
Toronto
Believe it or not, there's still people out there who haven't heard of RedFlagDeals or who are not currently using it.
They may not be surrounded by "techy" friends to even have this line of conversation come up ... "Check this website out" might not come up over a cup of coffee, who knows.

I'd meet you guys along the route and wave ;)
RedFlagDeals addict