• Last Updated:
  • May 24th, 2018 10:25 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2007
3393 posts
641 upvotes
Cowtown

Bathtub suggestions for Bathroom Reno

In short : I need recommendation for new bathtub that is easy to install; my biggest fear is to mess up drain installation, as I dont have access from the basement.

I have three bathrooms in my house. I hired a contractor doing two of them. He’s reasonably priced, but cutting lots of corners (installing ceramic tiles on ply, not installing water resistant drywall or any other barriers around shower walls etc) I’ve decided to do the small bathroom (3rd one) myself. I am going to be installing everything and using proper material. I have done the plumbing part (fresh water) now thinking about buying a decent tub that doesn't break the bank, yet easy to install and is durable.

Thank you in advance.
Your mental health matters. Every step you take towards self-care and seeking support is a powerful investment in your well-being. You have the strength and resilience to overcome any challenges and thrive in your journey towards better mental health
1 reply
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
18944 posts
10526 upvotes
If the Kohler metal tubs are in your budget they are very, very nice.

I would personally be more worried about your contractor not installing water resistant materials in a shower.