Food & Drink

Baton Rouge Restaurant

  • Last Updated:
  • Mar 16th, 2005 4:19 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Banned
User avatar
Sep 11, 2003
521 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto

Baton Rouge Restaurant

I'm going to be heading to Baton Rouge this weekend for dinner, but has anyone gone to Baton Rouge restaurant before? Is it expensive? Is the food good?

Any comments would be helpful. Thanks!

www.batonrouge-restaurant.com
33 replies
Member
User avatar
Nov 15, 2004
368 posts
I actually went there for the first time two weeks ago. (Hwy 7 & Leslie Location) My friend kept raving about it so I thought I'd try it out. Reservations recommended!!

The salads are huge, I ordered the rib steak which came with the salad and I couldn't finish either dishes. I hear that if you order the chicken salad, it comes in a big mountain on a plate. :lol:

Our party also ordered the chesse nachos..was a huge dish with plenty of cheese. We all skipped dessert because we were all so full... :D
Find a guy who calls you beautiful instead of hot, who calls you back when you hang up on him, who will stay awake just to watch you sleep.

Wait for the one who turns to his friends and says, " . . . that's her."
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 28, 2003
1330 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
lol u posted the link to the site u should check the menu
Member
User avatar
Apr 3, 2003
241 posts
22 upvotes
Toronto
One of my favourite places -- I love their ribs, and highly recommend you get the baked apples as one of your sides.
Member
User avatar
Jun 10, 2004
475 posts
Toronto
The price is a bit on the high end. But once you see the portion they give you, the price seems worth it. I had the steak last time I went, honestly one of the juicest and tastiest steak I've had in a long time. But I hear most ppl go there for their ribs.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jan 25, 2005
588 posts
41 upvotes
Yup, I think they're best known for their ribs.
If you also have room try their loaded baked potato.
I'm positive they add gamma radiation to make their spuds huge.
It's literally a meal in itself.
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2002
2654 posts
2 upvotes
get the ribs, melts in your mouth

20bux

i usually get it with fries (they are damn good) or mash potato (good as well) and a caesar salad

the beans are good too
Member
Apr 27, 2004
319 posts
3 upvotes
Been to Baton few times now, Ribs are excellent and the some sandwiches with fries are excellent as well. I would recommend..
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 17, 2004
11327 posts
8 upvotes
Mountain View, CA
Generous portion of food. The food is good. Nothing too fancy but solid for about $20. Expect to spend $30-40 per head (after tax and tips) with a drink
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Aug 17, 2003
5450 posts
231 upvotes
Mississauga
just repeating what everyone else has said.. one of my fav places, since there's one 2 blocks away from me now hehe... i'm a 'regular' there and they treat us extra well since we go there a lot... but service already is top-notch and decor is awesome.. yes they are definitely known for their ribs, but their other foods aren't bad at all.. their ribs put Tony Romas's to shame.. and yes i have tried Tony Romas and they DO NOT compare to Baton Rouge
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 15, 2001
2931 posts
530 upvotes
Toronto
hmm.... Leslie & 7 is a lot closer for me than Downtown, but it's not listed on the website :confused:

Anyone got the exact address (if they are they same).
littleangelvl wrote:I actually went there for the first time two weeks ago. (Hwy 7 & Leslie Location) My friend kept raving about it so I thought I'd try it out. Reservations recommended!!

The salads are huge, I ordered the rib steak which came with the salad and I couldn't finish either dishes. I hear that if you order the chicken salad, it comes in a big mountain on a plate. :lol:

Our party also ordered the chesse nachos..was a huge dish with plenty of cheese. We all skipped dessert because we were all so full... :D
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 3, 2004
1700 posts
13 upvotes
Kinki wrote:hmm.... Leslie & 7 is a lot closer for me than Downtown, but it's not listed on the website :confused:

Anyone got the exact address (if they are they same).
Its between Leslie and Hwy 404 on Hwy 7. There is also a Quizno's, Brix and Go For Tea, its across from the Esso Gas station as well.

don't have their exact address unfortunately, hope my description helps though.
Heatware: 40-0-0
Sr. Member
Oct 24, 2004
704 posts
121 upvotes
I always go there. Get the baby back ribs with fries and coleslaw.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 18, 2004
2681 posts
17 upvotes
Fobulous wrote:Its between Leslie and Hwy 404 on Hwy 7. There is also a Quizno's, Brix and Go For Tea, its across from the Esso Gas station as well.

don't have their exact address unfortunately, hope my description helps though.
there is also one on Yonge... at North York Centre... Near Mel Lastman Square...

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)