Request-A-Deal

Battery charger that can do AA/AAA/18650s?

• Last Updated:
  • May 3rd, 2018 5:52 am
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
15340 posts
19587 upvotes
ONTARIO

Battery charger that can do AA/AAA/18650s?

Right now I only have a eneloops charger that is limited to AAs. I need something can do all 3 of those types of batteries at once if necessary. Can anyone recommend me a good deal on a good charger?
14 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2006
8275 posts
2707 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
What's your price range and how 'smart' of a one do you want?
Dec 20, 2011
368 posts
160 upvotes
Toronto
Opus BT-C3100 or LiitoKala Lii-500 are good options.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
15340 posts
19587 upvotes
ONTARIO
Thanks for the responses! For some reason RFD didn't send me any alerts that people responded, so I didn't check the thread til now. I had thought I subscribed. Oh well.

Those Nitecore chargers look good. I remember years ago though when I was interested in one that there were a lot of fakes out there regarding that brand. Where do you get a genuine one from?

Also it seems the i4 is around $35, do they every go on sale for around $20-30?

Also how do those other models recommended compare to the nitecore?
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
1065 posts
175 upvotes
Toronto
I ordered 2 batteries from Illumination Supply because I read reviews that they are the real deal. No fakes. All real stuff. They have pretty fast shipping to Canada.

https://www.illumn.com/batteries-charge ... arger.html

EDIT: Keep in mind that the price is in US dollars and there is a shipping charge. I paid $9.75 US for 2 batteries.
P10 2.4 THz CPU || 8 TB Ram || WD 300 TB HD || Nvidia w/ 32 TB Memory

"You're only as dumb as you look"
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
15340 posts
19587 upvotes
ONTARIO
ds2chan wrote:
Mar 7th, 2018 10:18 am
I ordered 2 batteries from Illumination Supply because I read reviews that they are the real deal. No fakes. All real stuff. They have pretty fast shipping to Canada.

https://www.illumn.com/batteries-charge ... arger.html

EDIT: Keep in mind that the price is in US dollars and there is a shipping charge. I paid $9.75 US for 2 batteries.
Thanks for the link.

Before using that site though, I tried looking elsewhere. I found a site called 180smoke.ca. Anyone ever purchased from them before? It seems to be a vape store but they sell the Nitecore i4. Not sure if it's genuine though.
With the cheapest shipping and new customer $5 off coupon, it comes out to $31.37 CAD shipped.

https://www.180smoke.ca/nitecore-i4-universal-charger#
Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2006
8275 posts
2707 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
You can always go with the cheap and cheerful option - the LiitoKala Lii-100 or Lii-202. They are cheap and do most things that the more expensive chargers do - a plus is that they work off of a standard USB charger as well.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
15340 posts
19587 upvotes
ONTARIO
craftsman wrote:
Mar 7th, 2018 1:37 pm
You can always go with the cheap and cheerful option - the LiitoKala Lii-100 or Lii-202. They are cheap and do most things that the more expensive chargers do - a plus is that they work off of a standard USB charger as well.
Thanks.

I think I am going to settle on the LiitoKala Lii-500. I just need to find the best price now.
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
1543 posts
1063 upvotes
SAINT JOHN
https://www.fenixlighting.com/product/f ... y-charger/
Fenix ARE-X2 Battery Charger

The Fenix ARE-X2 is dual-channel smart charger, built for different types, and different size, rechargeable batteries. The charger will automatically choose the correct charging mode for each battery type, whether it be Li-ion, Ni-MH or Ni-Cd. The ARE-X2 also features a USB port which allows you to charge other devices from charged Li-ion batteries on the unit (Ni-MH/Ni-Cd batteries cannot charge devices).

Compatible with different types and sizes of battery
Supports micro-USB charging and USB discharging to charge other devices
LED charging/discharging indicators
LED battery power indicator
Micro-computer chip controlled digitally regulated charging to extend battery lifetime
Short circuit protection, over-current protection, over-voltage protection and reverse-polarity protection.

Size:
Length: 4.5” (115mm)
Width: 2.5″ (63mm)
Height: 1.2” (30mm)

Weight: 3.4 oz. (96g) excluding cable

Battery Compatability:
Li-ion batteries: 10440, 14500, 16340, 18650, 26650
Ni-MH or Ni-Cd batteries: AA, AAA

Input: DC 5V, 1.5A (Max)
Output: 5V, 1.5A: 18650, 26650 5V, 1.0A: 16340, 14500, 10440

Warranty: Limited Lifetime Guarantee from Fenix Lighting U.S.
Found this and Fenix has a good reputation AFAIK for thier lights. The advantage of this charger is it can be charged via micro usb charging and also allows USB discharging if you needed to charge a phone or something.
...Location: GTA North

If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.

GTA Grocery Highlights (updated weekly) thread

[WTB] Looking for a Netbook for $150 or under (~$100). Please let me know if you have one for sale. Willing to part trade stuff or labour.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
15340 posts
19587 upvotes
ONTARIO
I forgot about this thread.

Even though I posted saying I was going to settle on the Li-500 by LiitoKala (which I fully intended), I ended up buying a Nitecore D4 charger off ebay
because it was only $30 CAD (after an ebay coupon). It finally just came today in the mail.

I was a little worried about getting a knock off (especially at the price I paid), but if this is a knock off then it's incredibly well done.
I found a site that compares fake and real nitecore D4 chargers. Everything on mine is identical to the real one.

Also scratched off the holographic verification code at the top and went to nitecore.com to test it. Came back as GENUINE as well. So not sure what more I could do.

Currently got some AAs charging and it works great. On to my 18650s next.
Feb 8, 2015
929 posts
363 upvotes
North York, ON
BobSagget wrote:
Apr 30th, 2018 7:25 pm
I forgot about this thread.

Even though I posted saying I was going to settle on the Li-500 by LiitoKala (which I fully intended), I ended up buying a Nitecore D4 charger off ebay
because it was only $30 CAD (after an ebay coupon). It finally just came today in the mail.

I was a little worried about getting a knock off (especially at the price I paid), but if this is a knock off then it's incredibly well done.
I found a site that compares fake and real nitecore D4 chargers. Everything on mine is identical to the real one.

Also scratched off the holographic verification code at the top and went to nitecore.com to test it. Came back as GENUINE as well. So not sure what more I could do.

Currently got some AAs charging and it works great. On to my 18650s next.
Have been using Nitecore Intelcharger for 10? yrs now and would buy again.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
15340 posts
19587 upvotes
ONTARIO
magoot wrote:
May 1st, 2018 6:54 am
Have been using Nitecore Intelcharger for 10? yrs now and would buy again.
I've only had my Nitecore D4 for a few days now but I am absolutely loving it. Works so well so far charging up all my different type of batteries. Hope mine lasts that long!
Feb 8, 2015
929 posts
363 upvotes
North York, ON
BobSagget wrote:
May 3rd, 2018 5:25 am
I've only had my Nitecore D4 for a few days now but I am absolutely loving it. Works so well so far charging up all my different type of batteries. Hope mine lasts that long!
Unfortunately my charger has been acting up. Sometimes falsely indicates full charge. I just reinsert battery and am waiting for a sale to buy new.