PC & Video Games

Battlefield Hardline - the coolest Battlefield 3 DLC so far for only $60 ($70 CAD)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 7th, 2015 4:08 pm
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
6673 posts
2688 upvotes
calgary
SpectralMeat wrote: Does anyone know if Origin offers the money back guarantee on this game? I am tempted to try it.
Never enjoyed the vehicle combat in the latest BF games, I am more of an infantry combat person :)
The price tag of this however just burns
Yeah you get 24 hours to try it out.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2008
5752 posts
2585 upvotes
Toronto
SpectralMeat wrote: Does anyone know if Origin offers the money back guarantee on this game? I am tempted to try it.
Never enjoyed the vehicle combat in the latest BF games, I am more of an infantry combat person :)
The price tag of this however just burns
I have an extra copy I'm trying to get rid of, I posted in BST, but you can PM.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
6908 posts
3331 upvotes
Canada
The vehicles are what sets it apart from CoD ...............
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
9850 posts
7803 upvotes
Toronto
raspeed wrote: The vehicles are what sets it apart from CoD ...............
definitely not the only thing. Even infantry based packs like Dragons Teeth and Close Quarters play drastically different from COD despite having no vehicles.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2007
4869 posts
2743 upvotes
Quebec
rented the game and meh. did not like it. just my personnal taste.
Deal Guru
Jul 5, 2001
10109 posts
12727 upvotes
Toronto
Thank god for EA Access. I'm going to be returning my copy. It was fun, but don't have time to invest in it.

Here's a BB Pre-order code for the Versatility Battle Pack on the Xbox One: 36697-7MR2M-WYGVJ-2RDF4-6GPHZ
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
6908 posts
3331 upvotes
Canada
Played for a couple hours last night .. good fun. I doubt AW will be going back in any time soon ... Those large servers are running super smooth. The extra time they spent on this seems to have paid off.
Deal Guru
Apr 8, 2013
10205 posts
753 upvotes
Wait, this is a DLC?. I thought it was a new game?. It seems cool though. I was watching some streams.
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2010
2764 posts
183 upvotes
COD Advanced Warfare is pretty much a Modernwarfare 3 with Jetpacks. Could have been done with DLC but of course we know people will pay the $60 on the game title alone.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2008
5752 posts
2585 upvotes
Toronto
I passed on three copies to guys on this forum, maybe they will share their experiences.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 4, 2011
5820 posts
3846 upvotes
West Vancouver
I'll buy it when it hits 10-15$

Its reasonable value.
Feb 19, 2006
912 posts
183 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I have battlefield hardline for ps4. The game runs like a tv show. I am impressed.
Nov 7, 2010
555 posts
513 upvotes
Guelph
Was a bit excited when I heard about the cops and robbers concept. Played the BETA and within an hour I was done.
Nothing has compared to BC2 and Vietnam for a console Battlefield experience.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2005
2009 posts
144 upvotes
Toronto
Personally I don't think Hardline feels like a traditional Battlefield game. It feels more like a mix between battlefield and CoD. The movement and quick responsive controls is very similar to CoD, as is the button mapping. The maps and gameplay are more like Battlefield (larger maps, destroyable buildings, vehicles). CoD players would probably be at home with the game modes that are like the equivalent of team deathmatch, domination, search & rescue and others. I play both series so I enjoy this game. I almost feel like this is their attempt at taking some of the CoD customers.

The thread title is very misleading to me because the game doesn't have the traditional Battlefield feel or controls.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
6908 posts
3331 upvotes
Canada
One of the few games I don't mind paying full value for .. honestly have so many hours in to it already, it's worth whatever they ask for it. If anything I should have bought a bundle for all the DLC and saved a few bucks down the road. Unless Halo is remarkable, I can't see myself going to a different FPS for many months to come. Just wish the vehicles were a bit more prominent, perhaps one of the DLC packs will address that.

I also dislike having to go find Stingers and RPGs, wish I could build a loadout with them as I like to go hunt the few people that are using vehicles. :)
Sep 26, 2008
457 posts
126 upvotes
GTA
My buddy says its great and we've been playing since 1942...

I'm cautious about it cause of BF4
I didn't play the beta.
Deal Addict
Jun 30, 2010
3209 posts
1742 upvotes
Markham
I've been playing since launch day on PC and I love it. Cops and Robbers gamemodes work so well in Battlefield.