Expired Hot Deals

[Bauer Systems] OOS, Dead Deal --- Refurb Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro, Intel Core M-5Y71, 8 GB RAM, 256GB SSD, 14" 3200x1800 IPS 3K Display - $400

[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 18, 2013
1390 posts
5541 upvotes

OOS, Dead Deal --- Refurb Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro, Intel Core M-5Y71, 8 GB RAM, 256GB SSD, 14" 3200x1800 IPS 3K Display - $400

Deal Link:
Price:
400
Retailer:
Bauer Systems
Refurbished Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro

Image
  • Intel Core M-5Y71
  • 8GB RAM soldered
  • 256GB SSD
  • 2 x USB 3.0 | SD Card Reader
  • Backlit Keyboard
  • Multi-Touch
  • JBL Speakers | 720p Webcam
  • 14" 3200x1800 IPS 3K Display
  • Windows 8 Pro COA
  • $400

Full spec list from Lenovo for Model #80HE00FVUS: http://psref.lenovo.com/Detail/Lenovo_T ... 80HE00FVUS

Windows DOES NOT COME PREINSTALLED. You'll need to be able to load Windows 8 onto a USB stick to install Windows when this arrives. Do not ship this directly to your elderly aunt who can only comprehend how to share minion memes.

Battery warranty is not guaranteed, but is usually pretty good from Bauer. YMMV, though.

Purchasing from Bauer is pretty old school - you call and provide CC details over the phone, they charge and ship (Visa/MC only - no Amex). They're a proven retailer though, lots of RFD discussion on them in this thread.

TO ORDER: Call them - their website and price list is here: http://www.bauersystems.com/price-list.html
Last edited by Leverage on May 11th, 2018 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
13 replies
Member
Mar 17, 2015
226 posts
103 upvotes
Winnipeg
Chip is a few generations old at this point but this is still a pretty hot deal for an ultrabook with these specs... if you don't mind a refurb and are comfortable with installing an OS on your own.
Jr. Member
Apr 4, 2013
159 posts
61 upvotes
How does the warranty work on refurbs from this site? 30 days with the seller and return with full refound and then up to a year with Lenovo?

Thanks
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2005
1495 posts
1036 upvotes
Richmond
Looks like a great deal! Thanks for posting!
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
10640 posts
10733 upvotes
Good deal. I'll pass due to the CPU, but this is great for most.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 17, 2013
5120 posts
1491 upvotes
Montreal
KrimsonStudios wrote:
May 11th, 2018 12:14 pm
Chip is a few generations old at this point but this is still a pretty hot deal for an ultrabook with these specs... if you don't mind a refurb and are comfortable with installing an OS on your own.
meh, CPU too slow for me.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 19, 2007
3338 posts
1861 upvotes
Manitouwadge, Ontari…
Wow that CPU Sucks. I looked it up it has less performance then the q6700 from 2008 lol
---
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jan 29, 2005
789 posts
186 upvotes
Winnipeg
wenyanghou wrote:
May 11th, 2018 12:46 pm
i contact them its sold,out
Yep, when I called they said they only had 1
Member
Aug 14, 2009
207 posts
120 upvotes
kanechart wrote:
May 11th, 2018 2:21 pm
Wow that CPU Sucks. I looked it up it has less performance then the q6700 from 2008 lol
Yeah, cuz *that's* an apples to apples comparison. The power envelope is like 20x less on the m5 and its per watt performance is off the charts at a clock speed that's less than half. If you compare single threaded performance, the m5 is almost 20% better. Also, even if you could shoehorn a Q6700 into a covertable ultrabook, battery life would be measured in seconds rather than hours.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 19, 2007
3338 posts
1861 upvotes
Manitouwadge, Ontari…
trendless wrote:
May 11th, 2018 11:55 pm
Yeah, cuz *that's* an apples to apples comparison. The power envelope is like 20x less on the m5 and its per watt performance is off the charts at a clock speed that's less than half. If you compare single threaded performance, the m5 is almost 20% better. Also, even if you could shoehorn a Q6700 into a covertable ultrabook, battery life would be measured in seconds rather than hours.
The point is it's a stupidly slow crappy CPU. Get all white knight for it. I'm giving facts and this overall counting all cores.
---
Member
Aug 14, 2009
207 posts
120 upvotes
kanechart wrote:
May 12th, 2018 12:40 pm
The point is it's a stupidly slow crappy CPU. Get all white knight for it. I'm giving facts and this overall counting all cores.
No, the point was that your comparison and facts were irrelevant. And if you're not going to refute any of my response, there's no point in just restating your argument and adding a character attack. There's no place for that on RFD.

From personal experience, I have used both the Q6600 and the lower end m3 as daily drivers. Unless you're really crunching numbers (in which case, you're not looking for a multi generation old ultrabook), there's not much difference. The m5 is a good CPU for this use case, especially at this price point. Not everyone needs to spend $3k+ on an ultraportable and it's just not practical to haul a mobile workstation everywhere. This was a hot deal.

/>

Top