Hot Deals

The Bay/Amazon: Breville Creatista Black or Champagne Model Only - $432!!!

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 20th, 2017 1:34 am
[OP]
Feb 15, 2012
993 posts
534 upvotes
Toronto

The Bay/Amazon: Breville Creatista Black or Champagne Model Only - $432!!!

Deal Link:
Last edited by dracolnyte on Sep 12th, 2017 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
31 replies
Nov 11, 2009
304 posts
69 upvotes
Edmonton
Just a heads up that the $480 non-matched price is a little lower than equivalent US MSRP with an exchange of .80 cents CADUSD.

A lot of prices should be adjusting in time for the Christmas season...
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2005
6955 posts
55 upvotes
Toronto
Does anyone own this? How are the reviews on it?
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2005
1441 posts
308 upvotes
I've used a few of these types of machines in the lounge at Barcelona-El Prat and it does a decent job. Ultimately, you are limited by the quality (and expense) of the Nespresso pods, which would make it a non-starter for me.
Nov 11, 2009
304 posts
69 upvotes
Edmonton
trixR4kids wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 2:05 pm
Does anyone own this? How are the reviews on it?
The reviews are excellent. Probably the best Nespresso machine on the market by a wide margin.
unshavenyak wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 2:18 pm
I've used a few of these types of machines in the lounge at Barcelona-El Prat and it does a decent job. Ultimately, you are limited by the quality (and expense) of the Nespresso pods, which would make it a non-starter for me.
Yeah, unless you're sealing your own pods, you're stuck with Nespresso and/or Nespresso knockoff capsules.

The only problem is that the closest machine that even comes *close* to the Creatista's auto steam wand performance is the Breville Oracle, which is over $2000.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2005
1441 posts
308 upvotes
SRG01 wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 4:22 pm
Yeah, unless you're sealing your own pods, you're stuck with Nespresso and/or Nespresso knockoff capsules.

The only problem is that the closest machine that even comes *close* to the Creatista's auto steam wand performance is the Breville Oracle, which is over $2000.
Yeah, the steam wand would be its killer feature for sure. Given the choice though, I'd err on the side of using my own beans and settling for a semi-automatic machine like Breville's own 870XL.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2010
1457 posts
404 upvotes
Montreal
Looks pretty cool for milk based drinks, but I'm guessing little benefit for someone who rarely does milk based drink. I would definitively get into more fancy drinks with a machine like this but I'd rather invest the 480$ in going out to cafés for them :p Nespresso has pretty good deals for their machines during the holiday season usually. My Pixie cost me 29$, where they get you is in the capsules, not many GOOD alternatives (only ones I really enjoyed were Starbucks France's capsules, oddly enough, I don't like Starbucks coffee much)
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2005
6955 posts
55 upvotes
Toronto
Ah i just saw that you have to use nepresso on it, i was looking for a highly rated machine that wouldn't require it.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2004
2138 posts
54 upvotes
have had one of these for a few months now and love it
i make my own stovetop espresso daily and use nespresso pods on occasion
The key feature for me is the automatic, hassle free milk froth
[OP]
Feb 15, 2012
993 posts
534 upvotes
Toronto
trixR4kids wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 10:15 am
Ah i just saw that you have to use nepresso on it, i was looking for a highly rated machine that wouldn't require it.
this is basically a high end tassimo or keurig without the bitter sour taste of their plastic pods. and you get to froth your own milk
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2005
6955 posts
55 upvotes
Toronto
dracolnyte wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 2:31 pm
this is basically a high end tassimo or keurig without the bitter sour taste of their plastic pods. and you get to froth your own milk
Thanks, I guess there's no option of using your own beans in this in case to replace the pods?
Nov 11, 2009
304 posts
69 upvotes
Edmonton
dracolnyte wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 3:22 pm
you could buy this and refill your own ground beans or something similar. the plastic ones are cheaper

https://www.amazon.ca/Stainless-Refilla ... EBS9HQDC8P
I believe the coffee inside these pods still have to be tamped. Anyhow, filling your own pods isn't that much better -- have to grind, fill, seal, etc -- and pods aren't that expensive compared to the effort, equipment, and time involved otherwise.

Another reminder: Nespresso capsules are made for single shots, so they'll naturally be weaker than the typical double shot from a normal espresso machine.
Dec 13, 2016
91 posts
8 upvotes
Honestly, with a little practice you will be MUCH happier with a proper semi automatic like this one from Breville;

https://www.amazon.ca/Breville-BES840XL ... so+machine

It will be much cheaper in the long run, and you can get better tasting coffee with a bit of practice. Downside is it will take a bit longer to make a cup

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)