• Jul 29th, 2006 10:40 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2005
1082 posts
103 upvotes

[The Bay] The Bay (HBC) / Simmons Beautyrest Mattress $699 reg. $1598

Simmons Olympic Sleep Collection Mattress sets (the bowling ball mattresses)

Prices quoted are queen size (includes box spring). Sale ends Sunday Jul 16th.

Simmons Beautyrest Alpine wool pillow top $699 (after %50 & $100 instant rebate). Reg $1598
Simmons Dreamscapes Slalom wool pillow top $899 (after %50 & $100 instant rebate). Reg $1998
Simmons Beautyrest Ice Dance wool pillow top $1199 (after %50 & $100 instant rebate). Reg $2598

With all the hype about the Costco $570 (tax incl.) Sealy's matresss, I was surprise no one was really interested in the above deals. I purchased the $699 Alpine today at 7PM and the sales person said it was the 1st sale. This seems like a better deal than the Costco Sealys mattress ($120 off) where everyone was buying them.

Tax was based on the $699 price (unlike Costco which calculates prior to discount). Shipping is $50 extra.

Note: you cannot use the 10% [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=185]HBC[/rfdlink] card discount.

BTW... if anyone is still interested in the Costco Sealys for $570 (tax incl), PM me. I have a raincheck for it that is good for 30d from Jun 23rd.
49 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2005
2928 posts
43 upvotes
Vernon
These Simmons beautyrest mattress's are quite nice. I wouldn't pay full price, but at $699, thats pretty good. But I still think that the entire mattress industry is just a big scam, the cost is way below ticket value, but I suppose they wouldn't stay in business very long, considering the average person replaces their mattress every 4-6 years.
Nov 2, 2003
412 posts
12 upvotes
Meridian wrote:Simmons Olympic Sleep Collection Mattress sets (the bowling ball mattresses)

Simmons Beautyrest Alpine wool pillow top $699 (after %50 & $100 instant rebate). Reg $1598
Simmons Dreamscapes Slalom wool pillow top $899 (after %50 & $100 instant rebate). Reg $1998
Simmons Beautyrest Ice Dance wool pillow top $1199 (after %50 & $100 instant rebate). Reg $2598

With all the hype about the Costco $570 (tax incl.) Sealy's matresss, I was surprise no one was really interested in the above deals. I purchased the $699 Alpine today at 7PM and the sales person said it was the 1st sale. This seems like a better deal than the Costco Sealys mattress ($120 off) where everyone was buying them.

Tax was based on the $699 price (unlike Costco which calculates prior to discount). Shipping is $50 extra.

Note: you cannot use the 10% [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=185]HBC[/rfdlink] card discount.

BTW... if anyone is still interested in the Costco Sealys for $570 (tax incl), PM me. I have a raincheck for it that is good for 30d from Jun 23rd.
Do you happen to know the prices of king size? We currently have a queen and want to upgrade to a king, and we need a new mattress soon.

Cor
Feb 9, 2004
600 posts
18 upvotes
Simmons Olympic Sleep Collection Mattress sets (the bowling ball mattresses)

Thanks for the sharing this deal with us. Do you know if I can buy just the mattress (no box spring)?

I will go check them out tomorrow.

Thx.
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2005
3940 posts
1 upvote
Burnaby
Got my Simmon BeautyRest from [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=185]HBC[/rfdlink] several years ago that replace a Sealy. Like the Simmon's better. They can still make money selling it @ 1/3 the MSRP.
Caveat Emptor! :rolleyes:
You don't get what you deserve, you get what you negotiate. ;)
RFD is EVIL :twisted:
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2002
1919 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
OMG thanks for the headsup! I've been looking for a mattress the last couple of days!
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2002
1919 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
Just came back from there. I was told i CAN use the [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=185]HBC[/rfdlink] card for the 10%, it's only electronics and appliances that's off limits. But the sales guy also told me the guard protection or whatever also covers spills, stains, tears, ANYTHING done to the mattress... i don't know if that's true, because i took a copy of the protection pamphlet, and it said it didn't cover spills or intentional damages, but it didn't say anything specific to mattresses. Still, i think i may pick up a mattress. The sale is until the 23rd i believe.
Apr 22, 2005
437 posts
6 upvotes
Meridian wrote:
Anyone know what's the difference in these 3 types??
Jul 13, 2005
834 posts
6 upvotes
Winnipeg
Just back from the Bay. The first model (sale at $699) is not a beautyrest but a beautysleep, which is the entry level of Simmons.
Dec 22, 2002
438 posts
26 upvotes
Desolatax wrote: but I suppose they wouldn't stay in business very long, considering the average person replaces their mattress every 4-6 years.
Really? I must be skewing the average upwards then. Is it just me or does four to six years not seem that long?
Jan 17, 2005
208 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
Bigmouth wrote:Just back from the Bay. The first model (sale at $699) is not a beautyrest but a beautysleep, which is the entry level of Simmons.
Hmm. The second page of the Montreal flyer clearly says it's a "SIMMONS Beautyrest Alpine wool pillow top queen mattress set". The front page says "Choose from Dreamscapes Slalom, Beautysleep Alpine or Beautyrest Ice Dance". Guess the second page is a typo...
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2005
4970 posts
231 upvotes
Just back from the Bay. The first model (sale at $699) is not a beautyrest but a beautysleep, which is the entry level of Simmons.

Well, to my surprise, this lady at erin mills centre told me the $599.00 matress is price error and we're not selling more :twisted:

also, shesaid we wont accept 20% coupon ....even when u open account......so i said whatever and left happily :)

its a scam
Jan 25, 2004
440 posts
You bet. The prices for the mattress and box string are listed on each bed at the Bay. Lost time I talked to a salesperson there and learned that the mattress is usually at 70% of the total sale price for the set.
GTABuySell wrote:Thanks for the sharing this deal with us. Do you know if I can buy just the mattress (no box spring)?

I will go check them out tomorrow.

Thx.
× < >