Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
1408 posts
147 upvotes
Edmonton
kathyle88 wrote:
Dec 4th, 2010 10:17 pm
they don't sell these in Ottawa St. Laurent :(

Try the Ottawa Rideau store. Most of the smaller Bay stores will not carry the higher end labels.
Jul 9, 2010
123 posts
15 upvotes
Does anyone know which stores in Vancouver carry these? I called metrotown and coquitlam centre and neither do.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
1408 posts
147 upvotes
Edmonton
R3@P3R wrote:
Dec 4th, 2010 11:50 pm
Does anyone know which stores in Vancouver carry these? I called metrotown and coquitlam centre and neither do.

Only Vancouver downtown.
Jul 27, 2008
161 posts
8 upvotes
Mississauga
shoppingguy wrote:
Dec 4th, 2010 4:20 pm
There was a posted sign with all the details. My mens coat rang up at the sale price. I think if you ask them to check the register price it should scan up.

May I ask which location this was at?
Jun 8, 2008
685 posts
88 upvotes
Faeton wrote:
Dec 4th, 2010 2:29 pm
But CG is also all marketing hype. $500+ for a jacket that isn't even waterproof?

yea its water repellant, which is different than waterproof. You're not little miss mermaid swimming in the ocean. lol

but seriously which jackets are WATERPROOF? do yo need a waterproofed jacket?
Legen...wait for it...dary.
Dec 3, 2010
108 posts
2 upvotes
Does anyone know if Yorkdale has any male M or S left?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 28, 2003
7451 posts
235 upvotes
BananaWeed wrote:
Dec 4th, 2010 9:36 am
MK jackets are more douchey than CGs. MK is all marketing hype. Don't buy into it.
Well there are faux ballers that are screaming for another brand that has exclusivity and Moose Knuckles serves that purpose with a price that's in line with CG. They know who will buy these jackets and it comes with a slick website that shows sexy women and metro dudes in various poses. The type of marketing you find on most designer labels.

Granted they have no established track record but most designer brands just jump into the market and hope the consumers will eat it up like the next fad.

I am however surprised MK started selling in a mass market store like the Bay. Almost all designer labels want their products in high end boutiques for that exclusive experience. These brands usually head to mass market when they their products have been around too long and overplayed and they are desperate need of cash.
Thoughts and Prayers to the many thousands of civilians who perished from terrorists acts.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2005
3827 posts
183 upvotes
Toronto
peroxide8888 wrote:
Dec 4th, 2010 6:47 am
http://store.mooseknucklescanada.com/pr ... umber-jack

Seriously? $148 for a "mack jacket"? They were $10-15 at Fields when I was a teen in the 80's, and you only wore them if you were a "head banger" aka a heavy metal lovin' hick from the 'burbs. Hell, I'd wear one now (they're warm) and I'd bet I could find one for under $25 somewhere.

Ha ha these were $10 also when I was a teen. Now they got the kids spending $140 man thats brilliant marketing take a $10 item and somehow make it a must have. Wow this old saying still holds true:
I got.....nothing to say.
Jul 27, 2008
161 posts
8 upvotes
Mississauga
Beradon wrote:
Dec 5th, 2010 8:10 am
Well there are faux ballers that are screaming for another brand that has exclusivity and Moose Knuckles serves that purpose with a price that's in line with CG. They know who will buy these jackets and it comes with a slick website that shows sexy women and metro dudes in various poses. The type of marketing you find on most designer labels.

Granted they have no established track record but most designer brands just jump into the market and hope the consumers will eat it up like the next fad.

I am however surprised MK started selling in a mass market store like the Bay. Almost all designer labels want their products in high end boutiques for that exclusive experience. These brands usually head to mass market when they their products have been around too long and overplayed and they are desperate need of cash.
Actually the Bay only started carrying MK this year. The jackets came out 2 years ago and started out in high end boutiques in Toronto and Montreal. Check it out:

http://www.thestar.com/living/article/592904
Dec 3, 2010
108 posts
2 upvotes
Just went to Yorkdale the Bay today and theres like 2-3 racks full of female sizes....red,white and black...from long to bombers....and theres a tag ontop that says 30% off so you can use your 20% ontop of it np....They do not carry male moose knuckle at yorkdale....

The only places that sell Male moose knuckle is the bay on queens and they were all out too....I went today and asked a representative and they told me they had the last one- L size on hold, but the customer did not come pick it up and so i can buy it if i'd like to...she took it out for me to try and then when i said i'd take it, another representative came over and said he checked his voice mail just then and said the customer that put it on hold was running late....So i ended up not being able to get one...

Another funny thing is i asked when they will have more shipments coming in and they told me soon, but not sure and that i should leave my information with them. I asked them if i'd get the same offer of 30% +20% since the female representative did do a lil mix up and got my hopes all high. They said Moose Knuckle for males did not offer the 30%...only the 20%....I told him what i read on the forums (though i said a "friend" got it yesterday for that price) and to check with the register and it still rung up to be the Regular price....so he called the department manager and asked and he wasn't sure.

So all in all i did not get the jacket today and they told me they might be able to give me that deal if i brought in a copy of the receipt of people getting one for 30% +20% once they get a new shipment....Will someone be kind enough to scan me a copy of their receipt? Thanx in advance.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2004
2512 posts
65 upvotes
Coquitlam
v8boi wrote:
Dec 4th, 2010 2:02 pm
I went this morning downtown montreal
they had the 30% off women moose knuckles but not men

they had to override it

my bomber costed 417$ + taxes
my gf's bomber costed 390$ + taxes

hope this helps

Cute, matching jackets
Nov 15, 2004
133 posts
6 upvotes
kud0s69 wrote:
Dec 5th, 2010 2:40 pm
Cute, matching jackets

thank you my friend

the jacket is really warm, but one thing I hate is
that I keep on getting small hair on me
Nov 12, 2006
57 posts
2 upvotes
I bought one of the Men's Moose Knuckles jackets at the Queen/Yonge Bay this weekend, and they only gave me the 20% off because I paid with my HBC Card (and not the 30% off). I'm going to call if I can do anything about that because I know that the Women's parkas were all 30% off.

T
Nov 12, 2006
57 posts
2 upvotes
Sorry, I forgot to mention in my last post: If anyone is able to scan their men's jacket receipt showing the 30% + 20% off, it would be greatly appreciated!
Dec 9, 2006
187 posts
13 upvotes
North York
Nice, just picked up a Women's Moose Knuckles Stirling Parka in Black XS for $499. Can't believe the original was $790+Tax. :lol:
× < >