The bay order online and free pickup at store is a joke

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 17th, 2019 12:49 pm
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2009
5485 posts
869 upvotes
Toronto
Going to a big box store for the sole reason to fill out paperwork to get an item shipped sounds like a recipie for disaster.

To me that sounds like standing in a customer service line for 20-30 mins, and/or an employee that doesn't know how to process the order, and/or bouncing around from desk to desk until you found the one that does this process.

No thanks, I'd rather mail my money order in with my magazine cutout form.
Remember to be an RFD-er and NOT a degenerate.
May 23, 2008
654 posts
235 upvotes
Gtown ON
The Bay's system should order the item from the closest store with stock and deliver it to the store the customer chose. Why does the customer need to go to the store to do that? They should be able to do it online. This is easy to code; if a company like the Bay cannot develop such a simple feature, there's bigger problems there.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2012
1294 posts
444 upvotes
Narkham
Why don't you order the amount necessary to get free shipping and just return what you don't need.. easiest solution here, especially if you were planning on visiting the store anyways.
RFD is the reason I live in poverty.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2012
1294 posts
444 upvotes
Narkham
superfresh89 wrote:
Jul 14th, 2019 11:38 pm
Why don't you just order >$99 for free shipping and then just return the items you don't want? Returns are super easy and they don't ask questions.

Or wait for a free shipping Friday event.

I've had nothing but great experiences with online orders at The Bay. Never tried in-store pickup.
Whoops this was already said. But yes never had any issues with any Bay orders. Super quick shipping, email updates, the whole 9 yards.
RFD is the reason I live in poverty.
Jan 19, 2018
479 posts
300 upvotes
Explaining a trash online ordering system doesn’t make it any less trash.

TLDR: HBC’s online ordering system is trash.