Expired Hot Deals

[The Bay] The Bay Today Only - 50% off Men's Shoes Clarks, Bostonian, etc. Instore/Online

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 8th, 2012 11:40 am
Tags:
[OP]
Feb 27, 2011
687 posts
356 upvotes
Regina

[The Bay] The Bay Today Only - 50% off Men's Shoes Clarks, Bostonian, etc. Instore/Online

Friday December 7th only.

http://www.thebay.com/eng/mens-todayonl ... ear-thebay

Plus get savings card of ($25 off $100 purchase) with $75 or more purchase.

Free shipping sitewide with over $99 purchase.
See my Buy Sell Trade ad for Replacement Panasonic Shaver Blades and Foils.

--------------------------------------------------
"PC LOAD LETTER!!. What the f^@# does that mean?"
45 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2005
7032 posts
807 upvotes
Good deal - unfortunately I just came back from Buffalo with 2 pairs of dress shoes.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2006
1339 posts
149 upvotes
Thanks RRF, will check it out after work.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4910 posts
753 upvotes
Badly want a pair of Clarks Desert Boots. Damn, Hot Deals is really making my credit card work hard this month. :lol:
Aug 30, 2009
339 posts
33 upvotes
Just picked up a pair of desert boots for $70 at stc location (they are marked at 160 but scan in for less than half). Lots of people on men's side of the dept. Not too sure what sizes they have left but, I tried on a black suede in 9.5 and beeswax in 9 and didn't pick those up.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4910 posts
753 upvotes
wimpyy, did you receive the "Plus get savings card of ($25 off $100 purchase) with $75 or more purchase." that OP referenced in Post #1? Or because the Desert Boots are $70 pre-tax, are they under the $75 threshold to qualfy for the savings card?

I know my size... but I still want to visit my local store to hand-pick a pair. Better make my move right after work.
Jan 4, 2006
90 posts
99 upvotes
Vaughan
anyone willing to share $25 of $100 purchase card with me?
Sep 25, 2003
105 posts
12 upvotes
North York
Great deal OP!

It's a shame the online store doesn't have any selection in size 13 :(

Maybe I'll swing by one of the retail stores tonight to see what I can find.
Aug 30, 2009
339 posts
33 upvotes
CanadaGooseForumAdmin wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 3:17 pm
wimpyy, did you receive the "Plus get savings card of ($25 off $100 purchase) with $75 or more purchase." that OP referenced in Post #1? Or because the Desert Boots are $70 pre-tax, are they under the $75 threshold to qualfy for the savings card?

I know my size... but I still want to visit my local store to hand-pick a pair. Better make my move right after work.
No I didn't get it. They offered me a boot spray for $10 in order to get the savings card but, i don't shop at the bay often so I passed on it.
I'm pretty sure you can purchase anything at the bay as long as you purchase is > $75 pre tax to get the card. The savings card excludes one day sales though.
Dec 17, 2009
316 posts
9 upvotes
Do they carry CDBs in beeswax in any of the stores? I don't see it listed online
May 9, 2012
720 posts
81 upvotes
So is it confirmed you get the 25$ card for these 75$ shoes in store?

Seems hot since it would essentially bring the price down to 50 and I'm paying with giftcards I got for 10% off via save at Safeway promotion
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2006
1339 posts
149 upvotes
jagerbombs wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 5:52 pm
So is it confirmed you get the 25$ card for these 75$ shoes in store?

Seems hot since it would essentially bring the price down to 50 and I'm paying with giftcards I got for 10% off via save at Safeway promotion
Actually, it doesn't work like that. You get the card AFTER purchasing the shoes which technically must be at least $75 before taxes (they gave it to me anyway for a $70) purchase. Then the $25 gift card can only be used for purchases $100 or greater between now and Dec.24th.

But I found a nice pair of Clarks my size so thanks OP. Too bad I forgot to check out the Korr's suits could have had it for $150 if they had my size :(
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4910 posts
753 upvotes
One of my local stores had just the suede Desert Boots. None in my size and desired colour. I left.

Then I called another local store. They apparently have the leather Desert Boots in my size and desired colour and have generously set them aside for me later. Leaving the house shortly to take a look.

My question is, for those who saw or picked up the Desert Boots, were yours suede or leather? I didn't see any leather ones available in OP's link, just the suede.
Jul 8, 2012
623 posts
45 upvotes
VANCOUVER
^ as far as I understand, suede is leather and many people will not make out the difference unless you specifically ask:

leather Clarks Desert Boot

Probably not the look/style you were looking for.
Aug 30, 2009
339 posts
33 upvotes
CanadaGooseForumAdmin wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 6:53 pm
One of my local stores had just the suede Desert Boots. None in my size and desired colour. I left.

Then I called another local store. They apparently have the leather Desert Boots in my size and desired colour and have generously set them aside for me later. Leaving the house shortly to take a look.

My question is, for those who saw or picked up the Desert Boots, were yours suede or leather? I didn't see any leather ones available in OP's link, just the suede.
I picked up the leather beeswax. The STC location had several different suede colours (black, sand, taupe, and medium brown)

edit: the ones I purchased http://www.clarkscanada.com/products/me ... oduct_main
× < >