Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

BB: 50% off all clearance games

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 6th, 2010 10:45 pm
Jul 7, 2006
229 posts
15 upvotes
Vancouver

[Best Buy] BB: 50% off all clearance games

I don't know if this has already been posted, but I went to Best Buy and noticed that they had a couple tables out with the clearance games (ending in .97) and they were all 50% off the sticker price. Mostly older sports games and PS2 games, so YMMV.

I was able to get Naruto: The Broken Bond for 360 for $5 ($19.97 sticker - 50% off - $5 reward coupon).
52 replies
Deal Fanatic
May 26, 2009
6024 posts
2116 upvotes
Toronto
What other games did you see on clearance?
Ending in x.97... will have to check that out next time I'm near BB. Just don't want to be spending 20 mins scurring through games lol.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2009
1216 posts
236 upvotes
Xeerochild wrote: What other games did you see on clearance?
Ending in x.97... will have to check that out next time I'm near BB. Just don't want to be spending 20 mins scurring through games lol.
hey there, see that you are "buying" Batman AA collectors? i saw yesterday at toysrus both 360 and ps3 collectors for 69.99, not sure if it has been lower than that before, hopefully this info is useful to you ;) good luck
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2007
4439 posts
109 upvotes
mini kangaroo wrote: hey there, see that you are "buying" Batman AA collectors? i saw yesterday at toysrus both 360 and ps3 collectors for 69.99, not sure if it has been lower than that before, hopefully this info is useful to you ;) good luck
It was $50 at WM, but most of the WM I've been to is all sold out!!! :(
The last time we have a thread like this(a few weeks ago) I rem it was YMMV and selections varies! :|
Dec 12, 2009
317 posts
175 upvotes
MK-com wrote: I don't know if this has already been posted, but I went to Best Buy and noticed that they had a couple tables out with the clearance games (ending in .97) and they were all 50% off the sticker price. Mostly older sports games and PS2 games, so YMMV.

I was able to get Naruto: The Broken Bond for 360 for $5 ($19.97 sticker - 50% off - $5 reward coupon).
The Lansdowne Mall location in Richmond also has the same clearance offer going on at the checkout area at the front of the store. Any game priced under $20 is $5 each and any game priced over $20 is $10 each.
Deal Fanatic
May 26, 2009
6024 posts
2116 upvotes
Toronto
mini kangaroo wrote: hey there, see that you are "buying" Batman AA collectors? i saw yesterday at toysrus both 360 and ps3 collectors for 69.99, not sure if it has been lower than that before, hopefully this info is useful to you ;) good luck
I stopped by Toys R Us a few weeks ago and saw it for $69.99, but only the Xbox 360 version.

I just want the challenge codes :(
Sep 26, 2009
274 posts
1 upvote
Scarborough
aww man I just bought a game from the clearance games in BB and I didnt get the extra %50 off... darn I'll have to check this out.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2006
2332 posts
514 upvotes
GVR
Spore Galactic edition and Blazblue (360) are both $29.97. HOT if you can get them at 50% off.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2003
16073 posts
910 upvotes
Stouffville
Also add Rogers Plus to that for 69.99 for both systems.. just got it last week..
DIODIO wrote: It was $50 at WM, but most of the WM I've been to is all sold out!!! :(
The last time we have a thread like this(a few weeks ago) I rem it was YMMV and selections varies! :|
i have only been to one WM since this has been posted a few weeks ago and i didnt see it... maybe ill check a WM in the next couple of days.. if not, guess ill keep one from RP.. really only turned out to cost me $36 of EB credit as i got it after trading in 2 protoype ps3s :)

but i wouldnt mind $50 at WM for it..

gotta decide soon because i got to get rid of my regular edition then
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2009
1163 posts
249 upvotes
Sweet, ima check out my local BB tomorrow. Hopefully they have good selection on PS3 games. :razz:
Boom Boom Pow!
Nov 30, 2009
29 posts
2 upvotes
UnCeo wrote: Spore Galactic edition and Blazblue (360) are both $29.97. HOT if you can get them at 50% off.
does anyone know if PS3's Blazblue is at BB? and if so, at the same price? I don't see it on their website
Deal Fanatic
Sep 30, 2003
7613 posts
1105 upvotes
Thanks for the heads up...was waiting for this. Went by BB Eglinton/Laird, grabbed a bunch of copies of Assassin's Creed 1 LE. Tagged as 28.97, they applied the difference at cash register, ended up paying 14.50 per copy.

Note that there's no signs saying 50% off, but the guys in the video game section confirmed both on the phone and in person for games ending in .97 only. Very little PS3 stuff there, but when I went at lunch, they had 2 copies of 360 Brothers in Arms LE, 2 copies of 360 Soul Calibur IV LE, a couple more 360 AC1 LE, and 1 Scene It! Lights, Camera, Action (With 4 controllers/buzzers). The Scene It was tagged at 28.97 as well, so it's down to $14 and change for the 4 controller version....really good price IMO.
My nick doesn't mean I'm happy any more than yours means you're a sex machine.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
4865 posts
188 upvotes
GTA
Happy13178 wrote: Thanks for the heads up...was waiting for this. Went by BB Eglinton/Laird, grabbed a bunch of copies of Assassin's Creed 1 LE. Tagged as 28.97, they applied the difference at cash register, ended up paying 14.50 per copy.
Wow, they jacked the price up for this promo? Lame... I mean I paid $19.97 for it in December 2009 at Best Buy. Yes your net price was lower, but you'd think they could have left the price alone?!
Rock it.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 30, 2003
7613 posts
1105 upvotes
chdude3 wrote: Wow, they jacked the price up for this promo? Lame... I mean I paid $19.97 for it in December 2009 at Best Buy. Yes your net price was lower, but you'd think they could have left the price alone?!
EG/Laird always had it at that price point, AFAIK. If it was 19.99, it was on sale, and went back up afterwards.
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
18444 posts
9757 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
Sherway Gardens BB does not have this 50% off offer. This is YMMV depending on your local store.
Apr 6, 2005
489 posts
37 upvotes
Edmonton
Can anyone post a receipt of the 50% off? The BB guy here says he doesn't know of the 50% off but will do it if I can bring proof from another store.
RFD WINS -Energizer XBOX-a-day Giveaway - August 13, 09
Nov 8, 2009
158 posts
20 upvotes
Richmond, B.C
landsdowne location doesn't seem to have anything...maybe deal is dead?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 30, 2003
7613 posts
1105 upvotes
bwrocks wrote: Can anyone post a receipt of the 50% off? The BB guy here says he doesn't know of the 50% off but will do it if I can bring proof from another store.
I don't have a scanner or I would. Just tell the guy to call BB Eg/Laird. They'll confirm it themselves.