Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

BB AMAZON and VISIONS: SONY OLED A1E 55" for $3,499.99 and 65" for $4,699.99 ($1000 - $2000 off)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 24th, 2017 12:44 am
Tags:
Dec 30, 2012
496 posts
1102 upvotes
SURREY

BB AMAZON and VISIONS: SONY OLED A1E 55" for $3,499.99 and 65" for $4,699.99 ($1000 - $2000 off)

Deal Link:
Expiry:
September 28, 2017
For those who have money to spare on Sonys OLED A1E series. This is the lowest price yet but show good signs of it maybe going even lower on Black Friday.

BB also offering free Installation with wall mount and TV set up (a value of $530)

Sony 65" 4K UHD HDR OLED Android Smart TV (XBR65A1E) for $4,699.99
Sony 55" 4K UHD HDR OLED Android Smart TV (XBR55A1E) for $3,499.99

Amazon and Visions also has it for sale
55"
Amazon: https://www.amazon.ca/Sony-XBR55A1E-55- ... words=OLed
Visions: https://www.visions.ca/catalogue/catego ... u=XBR55A1E
65"
Amazon: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B06XCR93SJ/ref ... UTF8&psc=1
Visions: https://www.visions.ca/catalogue/catego ... u=XBR65A1E
Last edited by Leggo84 on Sep 23rd, 2017 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
18 replies
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
26001 posts
211229 upvotes
GTA
Can't recall if it was the 55" or 65" but some people here got one for $27xx at the recent Best Buy open box sale (though I realize we are talking new here).
Nov 22, 2004
729 posts
2582 upvotes
I still can't get over the fact that the TV stands on a slight angle, which is a dealbreaker for me.
Dec 15, 2016
157 posts
178 upvotes
mwatcher wrote: I still can't get over the fact that the TV stands on a slight angle, which is a dealbreaker for me.
ME TOO
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
4226 posts
3152 upvotes
Markham
toguy wrote: Can't recall if it was the 55" or 65" but some people here got one for $27xx at the recent Best Buy open box sale (though I realize we are talking new here).
That was me lol and yes $2700 at the Open Box sale for the 65". The 55" was $2200.

Mine is already on the wall and been flawless. It was nearly brand new, 20+ boot times when I got it and a heck of a lot more now cause can't stop looking at the darn thing!
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
4226 posts
3152 upvotes
Markham
mwatcher wrote: I still can't get over the fact that the TV stands on a slight angle, which is a dealbreaker for me.
You won't notice it, trust me. I had it on a bench for a few days and the angle is ever so slight and the viewing angles so superb your brain kind of compensates for it automatically. 2nd. Day forward you will only notice it if you look from the side basically.

Just my 2 cents as I am also OCD with these stuff myself.
Oct 28, 2012
967 posts
165 upvotes
EDMONTON
Wish store offer trade in of older TV.
Nov 26, 2013
799 posts
728 upvotes
Winnipeg
X24Secret wrote: Kijiji? :D
Just a tidbit of information, but In Spring of 2016, Samsung had a trade in promotion for their KS8000 and KS9000 series. Basically you could trade in any TV and get a $500 credit. It could be done through any retailer. I’ve not seen Sony do something like this though.
Dec 30, 2012
496 posts
1102 upvotes
SURREY
toguy wrote: Can't recall if it was the 55" or 65" but some people here got one for $27xx at the recent Best Buy open box sale (though I realize we are talking new here).
You cant really compare considering that it was an 50% off open box sale at BB that's never been done before. But for a brand new A1E series from Sony with about 20%-25% off, that's considered hot IMO
X24Secret wrote: That was me lol and yes $2700 at the Open Box sale for the 65". The 55" was $2200.

Mine is already on the wall and been flawless. It was nearly brand new, 20+ boot times when I got it and a heck of a lot more now cause can't stop looking at the darn thing!
Jealous.. i was trying to score one too that day too but no luck! I was lucky enough to get the KS8000 for $1000 and they threw in a 2 year geek squad warranty for free.
Mar 6, 2010
757 posts
124 upvotes
now you can get the P55-E1 for less than 1200 from Dell. This is the best mid range tv in the same level as the 2k cost Sony x900e, according to rtings. I will pass the offer on this one. 2000 dollars B7 should be very similar to this one.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2006
3668 posts
567 upvotes
Anybody upgraded to this from a Kuro or ZT/VT plasma?
Would love to hear some impressions.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
4226 posts
3152 upvotes
Markham
Cress wrote: Anybody upgraded to this from a Kuro or ZT/VT plasma?
Would love to hear some impressions.
Plasma is still king for sports watching although not by a huge margin but pretty much in everything else OLED panels, especially the 2017s have surpassed even the top Kuro tbh.

If feeding 4K + HDR source, OLED blows any Plasma out of the water both in everything from black rendition To brightness and color accuracy.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
4226 posts
3152 upvotes
Markham
hermit1988 wrote: now you can get the P55-E1 for less than 1200 from Dell. This is the best mid range tv in the same level as the 2k cost Sony x900e, according to rtings. I will pass the offer on this one. 2000 dollars B7 should be very similar to this one.
B7 will be basically identical picture quality and as bonus LG's WebOS is much better than the Android TV GUI on the Sony. Menus often lag on the Sony and here and there you get glitches and hang ups courtesy of the Android code.

On the positive side Android integration makes for a lot of flexiblity overall. Sony says they will eventually release an update with a more optimized OS but who knows when.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2006
3668 posts
567 upvotes
Nice, I went and caught up on reviews of this set, the new LGs and the Panasonics (don't think those are available in North America), good lord, aside from motion resolution and cost, these really are a new breed of picture quality.

For those looking for reviews, go ahead and check this review out, I found it very informative:

The same gentleman also does a comparison between the Sony and the LG C7 here:

Cheers,
X24Secret wrote: Plasma is still king for sports watching although not by a huge margin but pretty much in everything else OLED panels, especially the 2017s have surpassed even the top Kuro tbh.

If feeding 4K + HDR source, OLED blows any Plasma out of the water both in everything from black rendition To brightness and color accuracy.
Dec 30, 2012
496 posts
1102 upvotes
SURREY
X24Secret wrote: B7 will be basically identical picture quality and as bonus LG's WebOS is much better than the Android TV GUI on the Sony. Menus often lag on the Sony and here and there you get glitches and hang ups courtesy of the Android code.

On the positive side Android integration makes for a lot of flexiblity overall. Sony says they will eventually release an update with a more optimized OS but who knows when.
Thats another reason why i prefer the Sony over the LG because of the flexibility that Android OS brings. KODI etc but yes i agree OS could be better but that too will improve overtime.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
4226 posts
3152 upvotes
Markham
Leggo84 wrote: Thats another reason why i prefer the Sony over the LG because of the flexibility that Android OS brings. KODI etc but yes i agree OS could be better but that too will improve overtime.
Yea the TV is very capable running Android and apps load very fast, It loads YT faster than my Roku Ultra which is already quite fast, mind you this is literally milliseconds we're talking but goes to show the TV has the processing power but the code isn't fully optimized hence the menu lags etc. sometimes. The other thing is the interface from a GUI point of view is not very efficient and the retro plain Jane remote doesn't help either... you sometimes need to click multiple times to get to certain settings that should be one or two clicks away at most, this is a byproduct of marriage between TV GUI and Android I suppose.

Sony has shown fairly good support for the older sets with releasing updates (HDR update for 2015 line for example!) so there is hope that as they improve the code they will release future updates that can improve the experience.
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
19313 posts
2764 upvotes
YVR
I love Sony flagship TVs but after having my XBR8 die after 4 years and my HX950 die in 2 (had a 6 months battle with them to get them to send me a new X930D as replacement), I am wary of plunking down that much cash on a Sony flagship. At the very least, get an extended warranty. My XBR8 had a $300 extended warranty and they just cut me a cheque of the amount I paid minus the taxes.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)