Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Fido

BB - Fido LG L7 $0 on 2yr Voice ONLY plan

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 17th, 2012 8:46 pm
Tags:
None
Aug 9, 2012
396 posts
476 upvotes
BC

[Fido] BB - Fido LG L7 $0 on 2yr Voice ONLY plan

In the latest BB flyer, they had the LG L7 for $0 on a 2 Yr Voice ONLY plan
This phone is worth $300 (as per the Fido site) retail.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/9l5cZ.gif[/IMG]

This may be good for anyone who wants a smartphone, but is unwilling to obtain data for it. The other offering on Fido would be the Galaxy Q (which has a $75 GC btw from FS or BB) but...

Specs for LG L7 from Phonearena

This is one of my first posts, hope it goes okay!
24 replies
Jul 24, 2012
116 posts
25 upvotes
TORONTO
Fido recently changed their whole system and I don't think you can still get the L7 for $0 on a 2 yr voice plan. Has anyone tried recently? (After they changed their systems)
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2005
1144 posts
309 upvotes
Mississauga
Requires a smart plan which is a data plan.

"With 2-year Fido Agreement" refers to new activation of a Standard plan on 2-year Fido Agreement; "with select 2-year Fido Agreements" refers to new activation of a Smart plan on a 2-year Fido Agreement; "with select 3-year Fido Agreements" means refers to new activation of a Max plan on a 3-year Fido Agreement. Taxes extra.
Deal Guru
Nov 19, 2010
14958 posts
2921 upvotes
Toronto
daftfunk wrote: Requires a smart plan which is a data plan.

"With 2-year Fido Agreement" refers to new activation of a Standard plan on 2-year Fido Agreement; "with select 2-year Fido Agreements" refers to new activation of a Smart plan on a 2-year Fido Agreement; "with select 3-year Fido Agreements" means refers to new activation of a Max plan on a 3-year Fido Agreement. Taxes extra.
On my voice only line it shows that I'm eligible with no changes to the plan.
Aug 9, 2012
396 posts
476 upvotes
BC
my friend who works at best buy said they had a flyer error about the L7 but were told that they would be honoring the deal. so it might not show up on the regular fido system, but should work at bb mobile
Jan 30, 2005
843 posts
20 upvotes
im on 17.50 plan. i need minimum 25$ for renewal of the contract to get any handset subsidy,
Jul 24, 2012
116 posts
25 upvotes
TORONTO
Finite wrote: my friend who works at best buy said they had a flyer error about the L7 but were told that they would be honoring the deal. so it might not show up on the regular fido system, but should work at bb mobile
Are you sure they're going to honor the deal? I had an issue with Fido a couple days ago because they changed their system and I could not get the L7 for free, instead, I'd have to pay $175 (150+25 renewal fee)
Aug 9, 2012
396 posts
476 upvotes
BC
VantesV wrote: Are you sure they're going to honor the deal? I had an issue with Fido a couple days ago because they changed their system and I could not get the L7 for free, instead, I'd have to pay $175 (150+25 renewal fee)
I'm thinking that the 2yr Voice only may only be for new customers... sorry about that. I don't like how it's always the new customers who get the best offers =\

On a side note about fido, from Aug 10 - Sept 28 the allotted minutes on the smart plan 40 + 45 will be doubled
$40 plan = 400 minutes + 200 mb
$45 plan = 500 minutes + 400 mb

both have unltd text + international, Evening ad wkends after 5, unltd ... the only advantage of the $45 plan is unltd incoming calls.
Link here

How does this stack up to the Koodo works plan? Would the 5% fido dollars back sweeten the deal? Thoughts?
Jul 24, 2012
116 posts
25 upvotes
TORONTO
Finite wrote: I'm thinking that the 2yr Voice only may only be for new customers... sorry about that. I don't like how it's always the new customers who get the best offers =\

On a side note about fido, from Aug 10 - Sept 28 the allotted minutes on the smart plan 40 + 45 will be doubled
$40 plan = 400 minutes + 200 mb
$45 plan = 500 minutes + 400 mb

both have unltd text + international, Evening ad wkends after 5, unltd ... the only advantage of the $45 plan is unltd incoming calls.
Link here

How does this stack up to the Koodo works plan? Would the 5% fido dollars back sweeten the deal? Thoughts?
Are you able to ask your friend if the ad applies to renewals? It will definitely help me so much
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2006
3804 posts
561 upvotes
Vancouver
Back at the end of June, my friend was offered $30 for a L7 and $50 for a 2x on 2yr contract, voice only. Originally, they required a $25 voice only plan, but he told them another friend got grandfathered the $17.50 plan. Call was escalated. After waiting a few days, the rep called back to offer the $17.50 plan too. Killer deal!!! Though my friend is a 10+ yr fido client.
Deal Guru
Nov 19, 2010
14958 posts
2921 upvotes
Toronto
leegoon84 wrote: im on 17.50 plan. i need minimum 25$ for renewal of the contract to get any handset subsidy,
My voice only line is the $17.50 one.
Apr 25, 2011
1 posts
wilsonlam97 wrote: My voice only line is the $17.50 one.
Not just BB offers this. I got one from Wirless Etc at Scarborough Costco. My Fido plan was $15/month and I just renewed with the same term for 2 years. I got the LG L7 free and also the $35 admin fee was waived.
Sep 4, 2011
333 posts
47 upvotes
BURNABY
Can anyone comment on the voice quality of this phone? My last experience with LG phone isn't so good.
Sep 17, 2008
829 posts
320 upvotes
BC
Does 17.50 plan still exist? I thought that was only offering in 2008 or 2009? Even when I tried to renew my plan they said the only way to keep it is not to renew it :mad:
Banned
May 3, 2009
6148 posts
781 upvotes
just got the phone on 15 plan 2 years. sweet deal
Aug 9, 2012
396 posts
476 upvotes
BC
TheRed wrote: just got the phone on 15 plan 2 years. sweet deal
Nice! glad to hear you got in on it.
Would you be able to give some feedback for other fido rfders? Was there any resistance? Long wait? Had to call into corporate/fido to specially authorize it?

Much appreciated! :)
Jul 24, 2012
116 posts
25 upvotes
TORONTO
I just got the phone on a 2 year plan with my old $25 plan, didn't have to pay a penny today
Jan 26, 2008
181 posts
183 upvotes
VantesV wrote: I just got the phone on a 2 year plan with my old $25 plan, didn't have to pay a penny today
did u have to break your current contract first to gt it? I called fido cs line today the lady said i need to cancel my current 2 yr contract then sign a new 2 yrs agreement to get the free phone. I didn't take free phone for my current contract. Then i need to sign a new 2 yr plan while iam still with a same contract? Who's making nosense here?
Deal Guru
Nov 19, 2010
14958 posts
2921 upvotes
Toronto
I'd hate to refuse this offer but I don't like LG phones. I mean I like LGs but this is an exception.
Aug 9, 2012
396 posts
476 upvotes
BC
wilsonlam97 wrote: I'd hate to refuse this offer but I don't like LG phones. I mean I like LGs but this is an exception.
Too bad there wouldn't be too many LG's on RFD.... :razz:

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)