Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

BB/FS - Insignia 24" 1080p 60Hz LED HDTV $129

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 1st, 2013 11:33 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
May 6, 2012
3431 posts
1079 upvotes
I wouldn't pay more than 80 bucks for a 24 inch Insignia... that's just me though.

99 for the 3D PS3 display, despite its issues, seems way hotter to me.
Deal Expert
Oct 16, 2001
76501 posts
1583 upvotes
VanceMendoza wrote: I wouldn't pay more than 80 bucks for a 24 inch Insignia... that's just me though.

99 for the 3D PS3 display, despite its issues, seems way hotter to me.
If I could get my hands on one I would
Deal Fanatic
Nov 7, 2006
7523 posts
460 upvotes
Toronto
So this is not good for PC, not good for TV, not good up close, not good from an angle, what else ?
I was on holiday and the villas had an Insignia and I had to say it wasn't that bad.
Wonder how bad it actually is...the price is pretty good.
Bought a 27" Asus 1080p monitor at Staples couple of months ago and it was garbage also...but it cost more.
Deal Addict
May 6, 2012
3431 posts
1079 upvotes
Spidey wrote: If I could get my hands on one I would
I meant I don't see why someone would have passed up on that deal and get this weeks later. They had tons of stock in store so not really hard to get.
Deal Expert
Oct 16, 2001
76501 posts
1583 upvotes
VanceMendoza wrote: I meant I don't see why someone would have passed up on that deal and get this weeks later. They had tons of stock in store so not really hard to get.
Didnt need one at the time, a TV died on us in between Chrsitmas and now
Deal Fanatic
Nov 7, 2006
7523 posts
460 upvotes
Toronto
will888 wrote: Got one to use as a monitor. It is great value for the price. The only shortcoming is vertical viewing angle. It could be a bit better. Not going to complain given the price.
I trust you buddy...I am going to get one :)
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2006
2900 posts
1583 upvotes
I bought one and have been using it for a week. It has everything I want/need, it didn't cost much, the picture is good, viewing angles aren't amazing but acceptable to me, and I've had no problems with it. This is basically a 24" computer monitor screen with extra inputs and speakers, and decently priced for what it is.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 2, 2005
5355 posts
2721 upvotes
WFH
I've got one in front of me at the moment with a raspberry pi running XBMC hanging off the back. Works fine for me for occasional viewing in the bedroom :)
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29541 posts
20459 upvotes
ppl4golf wrote: I trust you buddy...I am going to get one :)
Now you got me sweating buckets over here. There's already the 30 day return policy as a fall back. For the price of dinner for two, it is a keeper.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 7, 2006
7523 posts
460 upvotes
Toronto
Bought 2...I dig the demo so I shoot and ask question later.
Still tons left in-store.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 7, 2006
7523 posts
460 upvotes
Toronto
Just had it hooked up.

1. OTA
2. HTPC

The color is a little funky but no better or worse than other 2nd tier brands. The TV is so light it feels like a toy. Remote has a cheap feel.

OTA scanned all my regular channels. The info button shows program info & detail plus signal strength (a graphic meter, to get the percentage I need to get to menu). Only issue is if I just press 5 it goes to 5.0 analog and not 5.1 digital. I am quite happy with the OTA tuner and function save the number issue.

I have no issue with loud volume. I have no dead pixel in the first box opened...hurray!

I use HDMI cable for PC connection. I do not bother trying VGA. No one really should be using VGA to connect 1080p60 anyways. The PC display is good enough but it has an over sharpened look similar to when connecting other bigger HDTVs (Samsung, LG, etc). Better than good enough for casual PC use.

This is a pretty good and I apologize I am not of better help (influence :) ) since this is the last day of sale LOL! Guess you still have a couple of hours to order online if wanted.

This is a TV / occasional monitor.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 7, 2006
7523 posts
460 upvotes
Toronto
will888 wrote: Now you got me sweating buckets over here. There's already the 30 day return policy as a fall back. For the price of dinner for two, it is a keeper.
I did have a look at the demo before I jumped but I have to say your purchasing did build some overall confidence :)
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29541 posts
20459 upvotes
ppl4golf wrote: I did have a look at the demo before I jumped but I have to say your purchasing did build some overall confidence :)
Lol, it was my 7th flat panel purchase. I am going to keep buying them until I get it right.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2007
1736 posts
158 upvotes
Toronto
These TVs are FINE for 1080p mkv, xbox360, Wii and PS3. Also works fine for HDMI out from a suitable laptop. No ghosting, blurring, it is bright, sound is loud and not scratchy or screechy.

I have a 40" 1080p version and it was awesome. Got it for 250$ or something a few months back. Not 1 issue.

Its worth 120$ if thats what you get it for.

I was extremely squeamish when I initially bought it, but have been happy to have a 40" spare for LAN gaming :)
Nintendo Switch vibes
Deal Expert
Oct 16, 2001
76501 posts
1583 upvotes
From reading on here its pretty good bang for your buck. I put on reserve at the store until Saturday noon. Be an upgrade from the 13" tv?VCR combo that died in my sons room (yes I said VCR, we still watch tapes that we have occasionally)
Deal Fanatic
Nov 7, 2006
7523 posts
460 upvotes
Toronto
Tested the second panel and no dead pixel either!
Quality is near identical.
Ironically, the Acer 22" monitor I handed to my mom became all blue tinged so this cheap TV is timely. It's not as good as regular monitor but it's good enough (for her anyways LOL)
Sep 6, 2009
995 posts
2173 upvotes
Looks like the deal is extended til jan 24. Got one on and have been using as both monitor and tv since a week ago. Very impressed for the price.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 7, 2006
7523 posts
460 upvotes
Toronto
I ran the AVS calibration via HTPC....forget about calibration, there is no black shadow detail and white clipping throughout LOL
I use THEATER in both picture and audio, seems natural enough for me.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2004
1052 posts
483 upvotes
My Insignia has a slightly high red Hue. Anyone know how to adjust that?