Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Insignia 48" 1080p 60Hz LED HDTV (NS-48D510NA15) $379

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 15th, 2014 5:17 pm
Tags:
Jun 23, 2013
93 posts
53 upvotes
Montreal
Ordered one. Should be perfect for my bedroom.
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10836 posts
5634 upvotes
Toronto
It looks like BB has raised the price back to $469, but Future Shop has extended the $399 price until 9/4

For those in the GTA, likely the downtown BB/FS stores will be open 9/1, as they are in a tourist zone, and they are exempt from the closing bylaw.
Sep 27, 2012
141 posts
44 upvotes
Winnipeg
How do I use the HDTV In Stock Guarantee Policy without any online proof of it existing? I've read that Best Buy workers don't know what it is and will fight about it. Is there anything concrete that I can tell them or show them so that they lose that fight? Also does anyone have experience using this policy in Winnipeg?
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10836 posts
5634 upvotes
Toronto
Starrk wrote: How do I use the HDTV In Stock Guarantee Policy without any online proof of it existing? I've read that Best Buy workers don't know what it is and will fight about it. Is there anything concrete that I can tell them or show them so that they lose that fight? Also does anyone have experience using this policy in Winnipeg?
Pretty much you win if the store is still displaying the signs. Although you might still need to argue for it. Technically they could be charged for using a deceptive marketing practise, for having a sign up that they have no intention of honoring, if someone complained. There is a pic of the sign from June 2014 in my BB HDTVISG thread, but I have never heard of anyone getting a non displaying store to honor it, by showing a pic. You never know though, it is possible. Link to that thread is in the second post.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
7772 posts
1025 upvotes
Waterloo
i have a panasonic lcd it gets my room real hot im playing ps3 for over 10 hours some days any ideas how this would do in this environment? i dont do it every day just sometimes...
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10836 posts
5634 upvotes
Toronto
Best Buy has kept the $469 price in store. So a minor PM for $392, if no HDTVISG is doable.
Jun 27, 2008
750 posts
88 upvotes
Which brand is better - LG or Insignia? Both seem to have great reviews.
Nov 10, 2003
822 posts
430 upvotes
Richmond
Anyone knows if this TV supports CEC?
Mar 14, 2008
440 posts
102 upvotes
dcxx wrote: I picked up one too, and it has been running every day for almost a week. Pretty good picture quality (I use movie mode), and works great with chromecast. Happy enough for $399. Also use a credit card with additional warranty to bump the warranty to 2 years.
Anyone ever make a claim with extended one year warranty? My PS3 Display died for the third time and Sony won't cover it this time as the warranty is up even though its died with the same issue that happened twice in warranty. I called Mastercard and seems I have to go here - https://www.allianzassistanceclaims.ca/ - and file a claim with an estimate to repair. Essentially will have to pay it myself and claim it back which seems a big hassle as this TV will die again.
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10836 posts
5634 upvotes
Toronto
Future Shop has this TV at $399 this week again. Now with a free Google Chromecast. Which is available with all 32"+ Insignia TV's this week.
Best Buy is still at $469 so PM there for $392, they also have the free Chromecast.

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/ ... 75356.aspx

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/ins ... 49fd3aen02

Just a thought, but maybe if BB starts lowering their in store price to match FS, and some stores go OOS, getting the HDTVISG at BB for $349 and free delivery and adding the free Chromecast might be slightly possible. Either by jamming it in at the end of the transaction, and having it still scan for 0$, maybe their system will just add it automatically, or by returning to CS the next day and trying for an adjustment.
Sep 21, 2001
389 posts
100 upvotes
West end
i hope this promo is still on tomorrow. thats when i am planning a trip to the bestbuy. rural life is better in a million ways. this is one of the few ways it isn't.
A vaincre sans p�ril, on triomphe sans gloire. Corneille.
To win without risk is a triumph without glory. Corneille.
Bernese Mountain Dogs rock!
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10836 posts
5634 upvotes
Toronto
sk8tr wrote: i hope this promo is still on tomorrow. thats when i am planning a trip to the bestbuy. rural life is better in a million ways. this is one of the few ways it isn't.
It looks like it is on until Thursday at least. I can't say if stock on the freebie is limited though.
Sep 13, 2010
124 posts
19 upvotes
Does Insignia make anything bigger? Looking for 55 at least.
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10836 posts
5634 upvotes
Toronto
Diablo9845 wrote: Does Insignia make anything bigger? Looking for 55 at least.
There was a 55" now discontinued at BB. There might be a few odd units floating around at Future Shop though. I saw $799 earlier today.
There is a brand new 65" just being introduced too at $1199. There is also a financing offer that might stack with the free Chromecast. free 36 month equal payments on any +50" TV. No interest or Admin fee.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2005
1141 posts
2567 upvotes
haha got free chromecast today by PMing FS, great deal!
Jan 28, 2008
415 posts
181 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
idiotcanuck wrote: There was a 55" now discontinued at BB. There might be a few odd units floating around at Future Shop though. I saw $799 earlier today.
There is a brand new 65" just being introduced too at $1199. There is also a financing offer that might stack with the free Chromecast. free 36 month equal payments on any +50" TV. No interest or Admin fee.
Futureshop still selling 55" Insignia 120hz. However, it was on sale for $499 just few days ago. Now it's +$700.
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10836 posts
5634 upvotes
Toronto
ccomkim wrote: Futureshop still selling 55" Insignia 120hz. However, it was on sale for $499 just few days ago. Now it's +$700.
Thanks for the info. I never noticed that low price on the 55" at FS. I think BB had it at $599 before they cleared it out.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2007
1825 posts
625 upvotes
With all these sales at this price point and considering these were last Black Friday's sale prices, I imagine they'll be cheaper if you can wait until November.

Personally, I likely won't wait and will grab a 40" or 48" today as I've been waiting long enough for another Changhong deal!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)