Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Koodo Moto G 0$, $150 Tab, $150 Gift Card, $25 Tab Credit $10 POINTS

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 21st, 2015 10:55 pm
Tags:
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10836 posts
5634 upvotes
Toronto

Koodo Moto G 0$, $150 Tab, $150 Gift Card, $25 Tab Credit $10 POINTS

Deal Link:
Best Buy and Future Shop have the well liked Motorola Moto G with $125 Gift card again. It is in both flyers. Likely elsewhere also, maybe The Mobile Shop too for a GC usable for groceries/clothes etc. Also get $5 in RZ points at BB.
As usual it is 0$ for the phone, on a $150 Tab, reduced by 15% of you monthly bill, $125 gift card, valid on any plan. Also get a $25 Tab credit if you take a referral code from a current Koodo customer before sign up. They get $25 too. Cancel any time, and just pay off the outstanding tab amount.
I have this phone on Koodo and have nothing to say but good things about both. The phone is IMO the best inexpensive phone available. It's fast, stable, has a good screen, and voice search actually works.
Koodo is the highest rated cell company in Canada. They are flexible and let you make changes to your plan/addons yourself, and their CS is decent.

"Thanks for clarifying. I tried not to start the whole "free" phone thing in the OP, but these threads inevitably seem to go there.

So yes someone who is looking to for a cheap upgrade would usually not be able to get the Referral Tab Credit unless they are waiting two months to cancel for some reason. It takes 8 weeks to see the credit.
I haven't actually done this, so correct me if I'm wrong. If you sign up and cancel, you would have to pay the the $146.50 left on the Tab, plus one months service $30 plus taxes, and sales taxes on the Tab? Less the $125 GC that you are keeping. So net cost is somewhere in the $60-$70 range.

I believe that if your credit history is a little spotty they will often still give you the phone if you prepay the $150 Tab at sign up.

For those who are wanting to sign up longer term and get a referral credit here is the page and FAQs.
http://koodoreferral.com/default.aspx

When you are getting a Referral the referrer has to enter your real name and the Email address that you will use for your Koodo account. Their system will generate a unique code and Email it to the supplied address, although the referrer does get it and can forward it too. The info does have to match, and as said earlier, the referral does have to be generated before the person signs up."

9/5

So this week Koodo has dropped their gift card amount to $100 on the Moto G, Virgin has maintained the $125 amount.

9/12 Both Koodo and Virgin are at $100 GC for the Moto G this week.

9/19 Both Virgin and Koodo stayed at $100 GC this week again. At least at BB/FS.

9/21 Walmart has the Moto G with a $125 gift card on Koodo. Thanks to Sum_guy for the update.

12/29 Best Buy and Future Shop both have this in their flyers at $125 GC for Virgin/Koodo ending Jan 1st. PM at TMS if they are not also at $125

1/3

TMS has the Moto G on Koodo with a $150 GC and 10,000 PC points ($10)
379 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2008
4274 posts
2251 upvotes
BC
So of I'm on Koodo and I refer my wife the phone will end up costing zero and after a month she can switch to prepaid and the just go back to her current provider easy peasy?

Pretty simple way to get a free phone upgrade.
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10836 posts
5634 upvotes
Toronto
Feegus wrote: So of I'm on Koodo and I refer my wife the phone will end up costing zero and after a month she can switch to prepaid and the just go back to her current provider easy peasy?

Pretty simple way to get a free phone upgrade.
I believe that you have to wait 2 months to get the Tab credit, so it probably doesn't make sense to stay for the tab credit, but otherwise absolutely. Not sure how Virgins current pricing/CG on the Moto G is for those looking for the cheapest cancellation costs for an upgrade and port over.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2012
3267 posts
1436 upvotes
wasn't it $100 GC last week?
If I have answered your question, Hit the Ol' THUMBS UP❗
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10836 posts
5634 upvotes
Toronto
Answers wrote: wasn't it $100 GC last week?
Probably. That last $25 is the sweetener. It seems to get to $125 only 3-4 times a year.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2006
3804 posts
561 upvotes
Vancouver
idiotcanuck wrote: Probably. That last $25 is the sweetener. It seems to get to $125 only 3-4 times a year.
Maybe it could even hit $150 on boxing day?
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10836 posts
5634 upvotes
Toronto
kmchow wrote: Maybe it could even hit $150 on boxing day?
I can't remember ever seeing a $150 GC on a Koodo phone with a $150 Tab, even on boxing day. I am pretty sure $125 max, at least up to this point.
Jan 12, 2009
386 posts
434 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
If you had a time machine for a month or so back The Mobile Shop was offering the Moto G on Virgin for $150 on tab, $150 gift certificates along with a Scratch and Win...with change over to prepaid even more painless than Koodo (i.e. do not need to stay the extra month)...so it is possible. This is still pretty good though.
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10836 posts
5634 upvotes
Toronto
csp wrote: If you had a time machine for a month or so back The Mobile Shop was offering the Moto G on Virgin for $150 on tab, $150 gift certificates along with a Scratch and Win...with change over to prepaid even more painless than Koodo (i.e. do not need to stay the extra month)...so it is possible. This is still pretty good though.
Thanks for the info.
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2003
2759 posts
1825 upvotes
GTA
I've been confused by this... so I can walk into BB and buy it for $0 but have a $150 Tab and then immediately pay it off and that's it?
Nov 28, 2013
502 posts
227 upvotes
exrcoupe wrote: I've been confused by this... so I can walk into BB and buy it for $0 but have a $150 Tab and then immediately pay it off and that's it?
Best to read the T&C. Koodo recently changed it during the PCMobile GC promo so you have to stay with them for a month to keep the GC.
May 2, 2012
192 posts
44 upvotes
To confirm, these are the 1st gen Moto Gs with no LTE and no SD card right?

Anybody have the 4g/LTE version with the SD card for sale for less than $200? Can it run 4g with telus?
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2003
2759 posts
1825 upvotes
GTA
Scubatorx wrote: Best to read the T&C. Koodo recently changed it during the PCMobile GC promo so you have to stay with them for a month to keep the GC.
What if I don't care about the gift card and just want the phone and am willing to pay the $150 for it?

And I didn't realize that they had two versions of the Moto G.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 8, 2010
7576 posts
575 upvotes
York
Scubatorx wrote: Best to read the T&C. Koodo recently changed it during the PCMobile GC promo so you have to stay with them for a month to keep the GC.
Do you mind sharing the T&C, or the link to them? I've been planning on picking up a phone from TMS on Fido and cancelling. Wanna know if TMS will ask me to pay back the gift cards or if Fido demands I stay with them for a month before cancelling.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2012
5434 posts
4847 upvotes
Toronto
exrcoupe wrote: What if I don't care about the gift card and just want the phone and am willing to pay the $150 for it?

And I didn't realize that they had two versions of the Moto G.
Wait for a sale it's been $120-$130 before and will likley be on sale again.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2012
3267 posts
1436 upvotes
csp wrote: If you had a time machine for a month or so back The Mobile Shop was offering the Moto G on Virgin for $150 on tab, $150 gift certificates along with a Scratch and Win...with change over to prepaid even more painless than Koodo (i.e. do not need to stay the extra month)...so it is possible. This is still pretty good though.
If I had a time machine I wouldn't b wasting my money on a phone. Lotto tickets baby
If I have answered your question, Hit the Ol' THUMBS UP❗
Jan 12, 2009
386 posts
434 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
Answers wrote: If I had a time machine I wouldn't b wasting my money on a phone. Lotto tickets baby
Indeed :lol:

Ref the Moto G, there are several versions in the market. The one listed is likely the 8 GB, no LTE, no micro SD slot.
Aug 17, 2010
584 posts
157 upvotes
Laval
Only Fido and Rogers offer the LTE/Micro SD version. Staples also has the 16gb unlocked version on final price clearance for $230, though I imagine if they don't move their stock the prices will drop some more.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)