Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.com

Panasonic HTB450 Soundbar with Subwoofer - $178 after PM w/ Visions/Amazon/LD

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 23rd, 2013 9:41 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2008
1464 posts
962 upvotes

[Amazon.com] Panasonic HTB450 Soundbar with Subwoofer - $178 after PM w/ Visions/Amazon/LD

[IMG]http://www.visions.ca/Images/Catalogue/ ... 50_l_1.jpg[/IMG]

Available online at Visions.ca, London Drugs, and Amazon.ca for 198
PM at FS/BB/ME to save even more.
Links posted below.

You can split the bar into 2 separate speakers.

Home Theater System SC-HTB450
The HTB450 is a multi-positional layout type speaker. A new amplifier function enhances sound quality, and a clear-mode dialogue function synchronizes audio volume to the video, making this high-end model ideal for those desiring great sound. Wireless transmission of the down-firing subwoofer's dynamic deep bass eliminates troublesome wiring for a clean, flexible layout. The HTB450 is wall mountable.

Features:
240-watt total system power
120-watt sound bar with two-way two-speaker bass reflex speaker system
120-watt wireless down-firing bass reflex subwoofer

Separate main unit includes:
Anti-jitter digital amplifier
2 HDMI inputs and 1 HDMI output with ARC*

Easy to Use:
•Multi-positional speakers
•Wireless subwoofer
•Auto gain control
•Viera Link
•ARC (Audio Return Channel)*
•Compatible with 3D signal

High-Quality Sound:
•Anti-jitter digital amplifier
•Clear-mode dialog
•Dialog level control
•Down-firing subwoofer
•Nano-sized bamboo cone speaker

Memory Express - $229.99
Visions.ca - 198.00
BB - 399.99
FS - 399.99
Amazon - 198
London Drugs - 199.99
56 replies
Dec 10, 2008
36 posts
4 upvotes
Edmonton
Anyone have experience with this sound bar? There are many positive reviews for the HTB550. Does not seem like there is any difference between the two. I could be wrong though.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2008
1464 posts
962 upvotes
Bought it and have it set up for a TV on top of fireplace. Using it as 2 separate speakers with the subwoofer hidden behind the sofa.
Comparing over TV speakers, it sounds way better. The bass from the sub can be adjusted to be subtle or a little bit overpowering depending on preferences.
The Bluetooth feature makes pairing with my phones/tablets as easy as it gets.
You will have to adjust the "dialogue" (which seems to adjust treble) and "subwoofer" (bass) levels on the remote to get it at the desired sound you want.

Overall I am quite happy with the sound system and would not hesitate to purchase another for my other TVs.

Edit: I have to add that it doesn't have an LCD screen and uses LED lights to indicate changes in sound levels, audio input selection, blutooth pairing...etc
It took me a couple minute to get used to it but after that I like the minimal feature since I already have tons of LED lights where I've positioned my TV.
Dec 10, 2008
36 posts
4 upvotes
Edmonton
ditachan wrote: Bought it and have it set up for a TV on top of fireplace. Using it as 2 separate speakers with the subwoofer hidden behind the sofa.
Comparing over TV speakers, it sounds way better. The bass from the sub can be adjusted to be subtle or a little bit overpowering depending on preferences.
The Bluetooth feature makes pairing with my phones/tablets as easy as it gets.
You will have to adjust the "dialogue" (which seems to adjust treble) and "subwoofer" (bass) levels on the remote to get it at the desired sound you want.

Overall I am quite happy with the sound system and would not hesitate to purchase another for my other TVs.

Edit: I have to add that it doesn't have an LCD screen and uses LED lights to indicate changes in sound levels, audio input selection, blutooth pairing...etc
It took me a couple minute to get used to it but after that I like the minimal feature since I already have tons of LED lights where I've positioned my TV.
Looks like ME updated their prices. ME price is now $229.99, making the final price after PM ~$191.
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2009
1236 posts
3412 upvotes
Timbermech wrote: Looks like ME updated their prices. ME price is now $229.99, making the final price after PM ~$191.
price is $399 at fs and bb, priced matched
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2008
1464 posts
962 upvotes
I was originally going to FS to price match at Visions, but since my local Visions didn't have it and it states limited qty on vision's website I figured I'd go to ME since it would be less hassle. But if you're able to get it price matched at FS/BB congrats! I recommend BB since they offer points as well.
May 1, 2010
169 posts
8 upvotes
Much thanks (and thanked), OP! I've actually had my eye on this model for a while, almost pulled the trigger on the current deal at London Drugs for $250, but ended up getting it from FS tax in for $201.xx.

I don't have room or inclination for a full 5.1/7.1 setup, but the sound coming out of this is amazing!
May 19, 2012
422 posts
239 upvotes
Toronto
does it come with blu-ray player? i already have PS3, LG blu-ray. i don't want to get one more player to fill my small room.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2008
1464 posts
962 upvotes
anshen wrote: does it come with blu-ray player? i already have PS3, LG blu-ray. i don't want to get one more player to fill my small room.
It comes with the receiver, speakers, and subwoofer only.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2003
7433 posts
4185 upvotes
Moncton, NB
Been looking online but cant find it. Does anyone know if theres a fm tuner on this sound bar
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2009
2893 posts
2001 upvotes
GTA
I m looking to buy system for 21.5" imac

I m looking at
http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX44015

Also this panasonic..

Any good suggestions for under 300$??
‎3 Apples that changed the world: the one that Eve ate, the one that fell on Newton's head and the one that Steve Jobs built.
R.I.P Steve jobs...!!
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
2541 posts
961 upvotes
Kitchener-Waterloo, …
Ordered at fs.ca, called in and price matched. Never done it over the phone before and had an easy time of it for a change! My order information didn't update so now I'm just hoping they charge me the correct amount after the pm!
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2008
1464 posts
962 upvotes
nounou23 wrote: Been looking online but cant find it. Does anyone know if theres a fm tuner on this sound bar
Can't find if it has a tuner?
This is a sound bar only and the only inputs it has are for sound sources.
2 HDMI 2 Optical.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2001
1564 posts
321 upvotes
GTA
RandomSanity wrote: Ordered at fs.ca, called in and price matched. Never done it over the phone before and had an easy time of it for a change! My order information didn't update so now I'm just hoping they charge me the correct amount after the pm!
Order price will not update but you will see full price charged to credit card and then a credit for the PM difference credited back a few days later
Nov 27, 2010
64 posts
9 upvotes
just pricematched at BB.ca used amazon.ca
May 19, 2012
422 posts
239 upvotes
Toronto
i just walked in bestbuy and priced match with amazon. got it at 178$。 thanks for post

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)