Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.com

Panasonic HTB450 Soundbar with Subwoofer - $178 after PM w/ Visions/Amazon/LD

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 23rd, 2013 9:41 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2011
1100 posts
236 upvotes
how would this compare to the Sony HT-CT260?

I have a Sony TV, I think is the only benefit.

right now the Sony is about $100 more though. :s
Feb 7, 2010
258 posts
50 upvotes
Kingston
So questions here:

I own a 60" LG PA6500 - doesn't have HDMI ARC - Instead I did the optical Audio plug setup.

I there a way that I can play movies from my Harddrive connected to the TV without muting the TV every time?

2nd part -

I currently had to rearrange my setup. Blu-ray --->connected to Panasonic sound system---> connected to TV via HDMI and Optical Audio cable.

Thanks - not a hometheatre techy...
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2005
1019 posts
130 upvotes
Durham
Anyone tried the Bluetooth audio?
Any comment on the quality?

My wired audio quality is pretty good for the size however with Bluetooth, the audio quality takes a hit.

I'm wondering if my receiver is defective.
For sale:

"If the theory doesn't match the fact, change the fact"
Heatware
Nov 2, 2011
17 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
Bought at BB web site and called for price match. Done in 3 min. Thanks RFDer!
Although they are the same company but FS suck!
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
2541 posts
961 upvotes
Kitchener-Waterloo, …
Received mine in the mail today. Don't see the credit on my cc as of yet but hoping it goes through properly.
Dec 20, 2006
529 posts
177 upvotes
kenso9394 wrote: Bought at BB web site and called for price match. Done in 3 min. Thanks RFDer!
Although they are the same company but FS suck!
+1 thanks OP!
Aug 25, 2006
356 posts
154 upvotes
Cambridge
how do you guys control volume? can you control volume with your TV remote or do you have to use the given remote?
also, can you leave this on all the time or do you need to turn it on separately every time you turn on your TV?
thanks
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2008
1464 posts
962 upvotes
If you have an universal remote you can control the Panasonic receiver with it. I have Telus and I programmed the Telus remote to control the volume of the Panasonic speakers.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2009
2893 posts
2001 upvotes
GTA
thanks op..

i signed into the futureshop account and add panasonic system and fill visa info and about to submit the order... at that moment i called futureshop and called customer service and try price match with amazon.. he approved price match and asked my futureshop login ID and then adjusted the new price right into my shopping cart... i refreshed the page and submit the order with the new price...
177.80+ 5.15(envir fee) + HST.. total was around 206.13 $

thanks again...
‎3 Apples that changed the world: the one that Eve ate, the one that fell on Newton's head and the one that Steve Jobs built.
R.I.P Steve jobs...!!
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2003
4399 posts
1248 upvotes
ditachan wrote: Bought it and have it set up for a TV on top of fireplace. Using it as 2 separate speakers with the subwoofer hidden behind the sofa.
Comparing over TV speakers, it sounds way better. The bass from the sub can be adjusted to be subtle or a little bit overpowering depending on preferences.
The Bluetooth feature makes pairing with my phones/tablets as easy as it gets.
You will have to adjust the "dialogue" (which seems to adjust treble) and "subwoofer" (bass) levels on the remote to get it at the desired sound you want.

Overall I am quite happy with the sound system and would not hesitate to purchase another for my other TVs.

Edit: I have to add that it doesn't have an LCD screen and uses LED lights to indicate changes in sound levels, audio input selection, blutooth pairing...etc
It took me a couple minute to get used to it but after that I like the minimal feature since I already have tons of LED lights where I've positioned my TV.
hey there, if it has no lcd screen, how do you adjust settings and know what is being done? I'm tempted to get this, but lack of a display screen is stopping me.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2006
1229 posts
481 upvotes
Thunder Bay
OOS @ Amazon :mad:

plus back to $400 @ Visions.ca :cry:
Deal Addict
May 10, 2006
2759 posts
131 upvotes
Vinotintazo wrote: how would this compare to the Sony HT-CT260?

I have a Sony TV, I think is the only benefit.

right now the Sony is about $100 more though. :s
I purchased these 2 weeks ago and they are awesome. Just take a look at the amazon.com reviews.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2009
2893 posts
2001 upvotes
GTA
GROSS wrote: OOS @ Amazon :mad:

plus back to $400 @ Visions.ca :cry:
London drugs are still on 199 if u want to do price match
‎3 Apples that changed the world: the one that Eve ate, the one that fell on Newton's head and the one that Steve Jobs built.
R.I.P Steve jobs...!!
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2006
1229 posts
481 upvotes
Thunder Bay
densil_lopez wrote: London drugs are still on 199 if u want to do price match
Unfortunately there's no London Drugs up in this neck of the woods PLUS they seem to be not selling it anymore...
Oct 18, 2005
571 posts
98 upvotes
Thornhill
For those in GTA, do you notice a decrease in volume on CBC channel 6? Its extremely low compared to the other channels. Any way to fix it?
Aug 30, 2007
966 posts
140 upvotes
Richmond
Bought this last week on this deal - took a min to price match. Sales manager said he's heard of this PM and let it go through. He says normally FS would adjust the prices to its competitors but they are looking to clear out the inventory to make room for the new models coming out.

I have an issue though. I think the quality sucks. For music anyway. Both wired and over bt. I have it hooked onto my computer through HDMI. Not sure what the problem is but the music sounds tinny and I hear rattling coming from the soundbar when I turn the volume up. I thought it might be vibration against the table since I didn't fully set it up so I held it in my hands to avoid vibration against any objects. I still hear the rattle. Is this typical of this model or did I just get a lemon??