[Games] BB, FS: PlayStation 24" 3D LED Display Bundle $99

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 7th, 2013 9:43 am
Aug 21, 2011
736 posts
147 upvotes
wwedx wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 3:04 pm
wouldn't all universal remotes work with this?
yeah, they should. Even the wii U works with this as a remote.
Dec 3, 2010
864 posts
881 upvotes
i been testing with different HDMI cable, the 1.3 HDMI i have no black at all , but with cheap 3D ready HDMI version 1.4 (samtack) , almost every 3-5 min i got it blink 4 times when use it as PC monitor, for the PS3 no problem so far
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2007
1817 posts
503 upvotes
Toronto
Went to Bay & Dundas BB to price protect the one I bought during Black Friday week for $149.99.

Pointed out to both the CSR & Floor Manager of the Day that the new price $129.99 was on BB's website, and did not contravene their policy on price protection:
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/help/what-i ... c1001.aspx

Also, the item is not listed in the current Boxing Week Flyer this week. Received difference of $20 + tax ($22.60) back onto credit card.

You have up until Jan. 6th to price protect if you happened to purchase this after Nov. 2nd, 2012. Good luck.
Dec 3, 2010
864 posts
881 upvotes
Zyphur wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 7:29 pm
How's the hdmi it comes with?
i have play hour or 2 with original HDMI without a problem, but i did have problem with a video card i test, it could be video card problem. The issue is the screen when black no signal with orange light, the only thing i can do is hard reset the PC
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2002
2990 posts
404 upvotes
Vancouver
nihulen wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 10:14 pm
i have play hour or 2 with original HDMI without a problem, but i did have problem with a video card i test, it could be video card problem. The issue is the screen when black no signal with orange light, the only thing i can do is hard reset the PC
hit the power button on the monitor and it will turn on again then go into the menu setting and turn ON quick display. then the monitor should wake up upon hitting your keys or moving your mouse
Dec 13, 2006
548 posts
65 upvotes
Anybody know this specific tv code to pair the PS3 remote control? Spent an hour googling tonight and trying, no luck
Deal Addict
May 25, 2009
2656 posts
188 upvotes
nihulen wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 7:20 pm
i been testing with different HDMI cable, the 1.3 HDMI i have no black at all , but with cheap 3D ready HDMI version 1.4 (samtack) , almost every 3-5 min i got it blink 4 times when use it as PC monitor, for the PS3 no problem so far

the 1.3 cable, is that the cable that comes in the box? and what were you hooking it up to, or did you mean hooking it up to either ps3 or pc there was no blinking at all?

also is the blinking problem because of your videocard/pc or is it because of the cable or because of the monitor?

actually, the cable that comes in the box has to be 1.4 because it has to work with 3D, 1.3 doesn't support 3D if I'm correct.
Jan 18, 2008
445 posts
27 upvotes
so what are the best settings for this? i read something about turning backlight to 5 but that was to resolve some issue with a black screen that i haven't noticed yet
Deal Addict
May 9, 2001
1535 posts
20 upvotes
I don't know what this blank screen issue is. I've owned this monitor the moment it dropped to $299 last year and it's been solid. I've never seen this black screen/blinking issue. I've used an DVI - HDMI cable from my PC and an HDMI connector to my PS3 with no issues on both inputs. I guess it's just the luck of the draw.
I'm on the road to 5000...
Nov 20, 2012
61 posts
49 upvotes
Hamilton
Well, my screen blacks out only when the hdmi cable is touched, even very slightly.
Could this be an hdmi cable issue (using stock)? Or maybe connector issues (either from monitor inputs, or the hdmi connectors themselves)...

For me, if the cables remain unmoved, no blackouts have occurred yet...
Nov 5, 2011
32 posts
19 upvotes
Montreal
Anyone know where I can still find this TV for 100$. I live at Montreal. Bestbuy and future shop are out of stock and since I choose to buy a coat on the 26, I didn't have the chance to go to BB and FS.
Dec 3, 2010
864 posts
881 upvotes
hesp wrote:
Dec 29th, 2012 12:23 am
hit the power button on the monitor and it will turn on again then go into the menu setting and turn ON quick display. then the monitor should wake up upon hitting your keys or moving your mouse
It was already ON in my setting
fightbriz wrote:
Dec 29th, 2012 1:19 am
the 1.3 cable, is that the cable that comes in the box? and what were you hooking it up to, or did you mean hooking it up to either ps3 or pc there was no blinking at all?

also is the blinking problem because of your videocard/pc or is it because of the cable or because of the monitor?

actually, the cable that comes in the box has to be 1.4 because it has to work with 3D, 1.3 doesn't support 3D if I'm correct.
Yes 1.4 is 3D ready (orginal cable), i test the same video card with same hdmi but now with different monitor, there is no problem at all. I also test with DVI to HDMI adapter as well, n hiccup
bernier26 wrote:
Dec 29th, 2012 12:41 am
Anybody know this specific tv code to pair the PS3 remote control? Spent an hour googling tonight and trying, no luck
i think it 201
Dec 18, 2007
181 posts
13 upvotes
Levis
davidth90 wrote:
Dec 29th, 2012 10:07 am
Anyone know where I can still find this TV for 100$. I live at Montreal. Bestbuy and future shop are out of stock and since I choose to buy a coat on the 26, I didn't have the chance to go to BB and FS.
It's not 100$ at Best Buy anymore. If you find one (there were two on the floor at Laurier in Quebec yesterday), it will cost you 130$.
× < >