• Jan 7th, 2013 9:43 am
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2007
2379 posts
651 upvotes
Ottawa
thingieing wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2012 11:24 pm
that flyer is just stating that there's an online sale that starts @ Dec 24 - 8pm, but if u read the flyers carefully, it says "15 PER STORE", so i don't think it applies to the online sale, also the web-only flyer doesn't mention the PS 3D bundle at all
That flyer is for both online and instore. Online sale starts Dec. 24 and instore sale starts Dec. 26. The "15 PER STORE" is meant for instore sale. Don't know how many available for online though. The PS 3D bundle sale is definitely available both online and instore.
Apr 26, 2008
39 posts
5 upvotes
Oakville
ykhehra1 wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2012 11:44 pm
I bought it for $150, The reciept say price adjustment can be done till Jan 6th, 2013, it say adjustments etc will not processed on Dec 26-27. So I guess I can get my price adjusted on Dec 24. Can some one confirm if I can or not.
Unfortunately price protection does not include any sale prices during boxing day (26th and 27th in store, and 24th and 25th online). I'm stuck in the same situation as you so I called today just to make sure. The best bet would be to hope that BB/FS has their prices maintained throughout the week.
Dec 31, 2006
15 posts
ykhehra1 wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2012 11:44 pm
I bought it for $150, The reciept say price adjustment can be done till Jan 6th, 2013, it say adjustments etc will not processed on Dec 26-27. So I guess I can get my price adjusted on Dec 24. Can some one confirm if I can or not.
no, the prices do not come into effect until 8pm/after store closing.
the bottom line is the only way to get these for 99 is to go to the store on boxing day, unless they end up having online stock which i doubt.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 12, 2003
6046 posts
159 upvotes
Markham
For those who planning to buy and return = easy. Keep in mind that the waiting line will be very long the week or 2-3 wks after boxing day. Is more like a nightmare, BB is the worse.
I will think twice before buying something if I'm not really sure I want it.
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2006
9477 posts
682 upvotes
MP3_SKY wrote:
Dec 24th, 2012 1:12 am
For those who planning to buy and return = easy. Keep in mind that the waiting line will be very long the week or 2-3 wks after boxing day. Is more like a nightmare, BB is the worse.
I will think twice before buying something if I'm not really sure I want it.
Here's a tip... go either at

a) Store opens
b) Store about to close/late at night

Both those times generally speaking = much shorter lines (exception for closing @ Richmond + CC for those in GVR... don't go near closing at those location 'cause the line-up would still be pretty long). Also avoid the weekends or you'll wait hours lol.
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2006
2622 posts
265 upvotes
Winnipeg
bought one a couple of weeks ago from Walmart after PMing with BB's $150 price. Up to now haven't used it coz I want to mount it on my desktop mount... been looking for the right screw to use to mount it as it is too small... I basically bought a 17-27 inch wall mount and will use it in conjunction with my desktop arm.. I guess I have to burn it in first while I still within my return period... however I will try to PM with the new price to get back my $50....
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2006
9477 posts
682 upvotes
khulit wrote:
Dec 24th, 2012 2:43 am
bought one a couple of weeks ago from Walmart after PMing with BB's $150 price. Up to now haven't used it coz I want to mount it on my desktop mount... been looking for the right screw to use to mount it as it is too small... I basically bought a 17-27 inch wall mount and will use it in conjunction with my desktop arm.. I guess I have to burn it in first while I still within my return period... however I will try to PM with the new price to get back my $50....
What you basically need is a 100x100 VESA mount and 4 adapters (as in making your own adapters so you can hook it up on the VESA mount). I bought brackets from home depot and that did the trick + was pretty cheap (less than $2 per adapter). Honestly its pretty easy and you don't really need to be all that handy to do this.

Anyone want to do the same setup as me should consider this mount i got from Amazon (US)

http://www.amazon.com/Quad-Monitor-stan ... itor+mount

Highly recommended and was on sale for $68 (i think + like $5 shipping + $6 mail forward i think) when i got it but even @ $86 its a great deal (probably still less than $110 all in compared to $130+ from ebay here and $200+ from any retailer).
May 17, 2010
533 posts
33 upvotes
Personally i don't think it'll be available online. Guess we'll see tomorrow.
Dec 10, 2006
936 posts
146 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
fightbriz wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2012 8:15 pm
To those who have this set up with their desktop computer, are you connecting from HDMI on the video card, or a dvi to hdmi adapter? If I have dual dvi, can I connect 2 of these displays to the computer using dvi to hdmi adapters?

Do you lose any quality or use of the speakers or any other issues (lag) doing it this way?
I have a BFG 9600 GT OC that has dual DVI. I use one of those cheapie dealextreme HDMI/DVI adapters to hook up to the two monitors. One shows up as a HDTV and the other one shows up as a DVI PC Display in my Nvidia control panel. Both work fine to me. I do not get audio through the HDMI cable because my video card is missing a cable to connect to the motherboard's SPDIF. My video card is a two-pin type connector whereas the mobo is a three-pin type. Google your card's spec and see whether or not it can deliver audio through DVI. Many people do not think this can be done but it depends on the video card. I haven't tried it myself but people say you CAN get audio through DVI as much as it stands for Digital Visual Interface (implies no audio).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Vi ... patibility
Deal Addict
Jan 15, 2004
4799 posts
229 upvotes
You get what you paid for. Think about why it's $99 and still bunch of stock. If it's good, they would be gone by the time it sold for $199.
Jun 29, 2007
563 posts
33 upvotes
How much time do you have to return it if it doesn't work?
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2009
2167 posts
831 upvotes
Montreal
Nakuruin wrote:
Dec 24th, 2012 9:49 am
How much time do you have to return it if it doesn't work?
I believe until January 6
Dec 31, 2006
15 posts
danzerino wrote:
Dec 24th, 2012 9:56 am
I believe until January 6
you have 30 days from date of purchase per BB's return policy.

the jan 6 return date only applies to items you may have purchased in november for xmas gifts
Jan 6, 2008
257 posts
23 upvotes
Ottawa
I've had my brightness at 3 and it did not fix flickering.
× < >