Page 1 of 43

BB, FS: PlayStation 24" 3D LED Display Bundle $99

Posted: Dec 22nd, 2012 10:32 pm
by alwaysbuylow
A lot of people were wishing it to drop below $100 before, finally it is going to happen in Best Buy and Futureshop 's Boxing Day Sales. $99 is a pretty hot price.

PlayStation 24" 3D LED Display Bundle $99.99
On sales Dec. 24-27

BB's Flyer page:
http://www.redflagdeals.com/flyers/best ... e=15#flyer

BB's Product page:
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/pla ... 779654en02

FS's Flyer page:
http://www.redflagdeals.com/flyers/futu ... ge=9#flyer

FS's product page:
http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/ ... e97fbden02

Re: BB, FS: PlayStation 24" 3D LED Display Bundle $99

Posted: Dec 22nd, 2012 10:39 pm
by rainydays
Being $100 doesn't fix the terrible glare and the random flashes of a blank/black screen.

It should have been recalled because there is something wrong with the hardware

Posted: Dec 22nd, 2012 11:00 pm
by Westnylenet
rainydays wrote: Being $100 doesn't fix the terrible glare and the random flashes of a blank/black screen.

wow so the rumor is true these displays do suck , look great when they work.

Posted: Dec 22nd, 2012 11:04 pm
by carmaster
We don't need another thread advertising every Bestbuy/Futureshop boxing day item.

Posted: Dec 22nd, 2012 11:14 pm
by Detour
Any comments on usability of this as a PC monitor?

Posted: Dec 22nd, 2012 11:31 pm
by 82
so true, it is a mirror. I seriously considered to buy at when it was on sale for 150ish. Hot deal for those who live in the dark.
rainydays wrote: Being $100 doesn't fix the terrible glare and the random flashes of a blank/black screen.

Posted: Dec 22nd, 2012 11:34 pm
by Thaciv
I may pick this up.

Posted: Dec 22nd, 2012 11:47 pm
by GVRtrader
Westnylenet wrote: wow so the rumor is true these displays do suck , look great when they work.
The rumors aren't completely true... its just poor quality control. You'll go through a lot to get good panels. Going to try to pick up 4 more then return my 4 old receipts from BF (which i had to exchange 6 times before i got 4 perfect screens so based on my limited sample size... its pretty bad).

Posted: Dec 22nd, 2012 11:58 pm
by Detour
I read on a forum that someone fixed their black screen by going into settings and turning down the back-light to 5 (originally at 10). Can someone who owns one try this out and see if it solves the problem? Some people also claim it is a over-heat issue and a fan may solve the problem. It's pretty sad how Sony has not really addressed what the issue is.

Posted: Dec 22nd, 2012 11:59 pm
by mikka1989
will this be 99 on FS site as well? might pickup one, but already got that 42inch LG newegg tv

Posted: Dec 23rd, 2012 12:07 am
by alwaysbuylow
mikka1989 wrote: will this be 99 on FS site as well? might pickup one, but already got that 42inch LG newegg tv
Just noticed FS will also be on sales for $99.
http://www.redflagdeals.com/flyers/futu ... ge=9#flyer

Posted: Dec 23rd, 2012 12:27 am
by Zyphur
How are these displays for PC and Xbox 360 usage?

Posted: Dec 23rd, 2012 12:34 am
by DeViLzzz
I am definitely going to be looking at getting one for my son. With 15 per store I should have a shot at getting one.

Posted: Dec 23rd, 2012 12:40 am
by Maculosa
Possible to buy the display online at 99? or i will have to go lineup outside ?

Posted: Dec 23rd, 2012 12:45 am
by alwaysbuylow
Maculosa wrote: Possible to buy the display online at 99? or i will have to go lineup outside ?
It's available online as well, online sales starts on Dec. 24 at 8pm EST.

Posted: Dec 23rd, 2012 1:09 am
by Kyjo4
I'll try my hand at ordering one online if they're available. Considering it comes with a game, a pair of 3D glasses and the tv itself, $100 is a pretty good price.

Posted: Dec 23rd, 2012 1:20 am
by CyniC-
I have three of these at home... haha surprised? First one I bought at EB Games for $250 last year w/ GC's, then I PM'ed at FS in August for $172+tax, after that I went to Toys R Us and lined up for a $150+tax now it's going to be a 4th trip for $100 :D lolol...

First panel I had from EB had flickering/static issues during the first week, easy exchange did the tricks, no problems for Display #1.

Display #2 exhibits flickering about once or twice a day but it's from August so I have tough luck exchanging that.

Display #3 has been fine so far... might've flicked once or twice during Black Ops but other than that it's fine.

I know I overpaid for this sorta... lol and I'm taking a big risk with the 3 displays w/o warranties but man they look really nice. Colors are sharp and crisp. It's excellent when they work. Yes they are like a mirror and that's an annoying problem that you have to get used to. Takes 2 weeks or so to adjust yourself to it. I use two of these as dual screen on my desktop. I use another one as a screen replacement for my laptop. This 4th one.... well I might get it for family or just to keep one backup for myself in case one fails. It's a really good deal but not many are willing to take the chance on it.

Posted: Dec 23rd, 2012 1:25 am
by Zyphur
Just some details for those who might be wondering:
The display comes at level 10 brightness by default. Knocking this down to 5 should completely remove the flickering issue. (Based off what I've seen people write on forums and from friends who own it).
The monitor has 2 hdmi + 1 component ports, and works fine with an xbox 360 and a pc.
3D works with the 360 3D, and it is hit or miss on pc games (better with 3rd party software). (Based off what I've seen people write on forums and from friends who own it).
Overall, a 24" monitor at $99 is a steal in my eyes. Will most likely try to pick one up to replace my 1680x1050 20' :razz: | and if the glare is too bad, I'll just return it. Easy.

@Cynic-, can you comment on how bad the glaring/mirror image problem really is, and how it would impact me (more, less)? I would sit half a meter to a meter away from my screen, and there are lights on the ceiling maybe 2 meters away.
Thanks in advance.

Posted: Dec 23rd, 2012 1:31 am
by BUFFAR
Westnylenet wrote: wow so the rumor is true these displays do suck , look great when they work.
Rumor is speculation. The display suck is pure fact. I wont even consider at $20. :lol:

Posted: Dec 23rd, 2012 1:34 am
by Longobongo
is it flickering people were having issues with? i thought it was the unit would "reset" itself after a period of time, from what i heard it occurs when you connect it to a pc