Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

BB/FS: PS3 $180 (Starts Friday)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 5th, 2013 10:36 pm
Tags:
None
121 replies
Deal Guru
Apr 23, 2007
10206 posts
1465 upvotes
Mississauga
160GB.... warm deal if u have been sleeping under a rock for 5 years or your ps3 recently YLOD
RFD 43-0-0
Ebay 39-0-0
|Dance.Flirt.Music.Chill|
Deal Addict
May 25, 2009
4453 posts
260 upvotes
wasn't boxing day $199?

so $180 isn't bad but I think at E3 these will drop to $150 probably and new PS4 and Xbox 720 later this year
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
20241 posts
8367 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
My original fat backwards compatible (still going strong...) PS3's purpose in my life is now only to play Blu-Rays... pretty decent 3D BD player I suppose, you get more for your money this way than a lot of standalone ones.
Aug 2, 2012
305 posts
84 upvotes
Toronto
DiploDocus wrote: wasn't boxing day $199?

so $180 isn't bad but I think at E3 these will drop to $150 probably and new PS4 and Xbox 720 later this year
I think they're just clearing them to get rid of them and keep the new slim ones in stock.
Aug 25, 2011
31 posts
3 upvotes
Edmonton
SlightlyStewpid wrote: I think they're just clearing them to get rid of them and keep the new slim ones in stock.
I agree with you. No PS4 in this year.
Oct 4, 2008
792 posts
314 upvotes
Calgary Alberta
I agree as well. Also, I don't think I want a slim.
My fat backwards-compatible PS3 went YLOD! (second time too - fixed by Sony the first time). But I never made a HD backup and furthermore got a disc stuck in it too, rats.
Decisions, decisions.
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24045 posts
4140 upvotes
Toronto
Farmhouse wrote: I think at this point, if you don't own a PS3 by NOW, you don't REALLY want one.
It's worth it to get a PS3 just for that new RPG, Ni no Kuni Wrath of the White Witch.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2009
1237 posts
415 upvotes
Fantaz wrote: It's worth it to get a PS3 just for that new RPG, Ni no Kuni Wrath of the White Witch.
I second that i have played about 6 hours so far and loving it, and my 5 year old and wife loves watching me play, they don't make that many games that the whole family can enjoy anymore.
Jun 3, 2012
809 posts
149 upvotes
Toronto
XxXSnake23XxX wrote: 160GB.... warm deal if u have been sleeping under a rock for 5 years or your ps3 recently YLOD
I am thinking of getting one for my first PS3, and mainly to play blu-rays too. I've looked at reviews and that new one looks SO cheap, a plastic cover that slides to the side??????? I guess the only advantage is the portability and size of the new one, but I think I would rather have the auto disc insert slot.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2004
2144 posts
878 upvotes
Ottawa
How does this PS3 compare to the Sony BDPS590 ($139) for 3D Blu-ray playback? In particular load times ....... I like to start watching the movie before my popcorn gets cold. Is there still an issue with remote control compatability? Would I be better off picking up a 3D blu-ray burner and firing it into a PC to use as a media center? I'm not really a gamer although I've got a couple of XBox 360's collecting dust.

I hate spending much money on either option since I suspect that the PS3 is at the end of its life cycle and Blu-rays will shortly go the way of DVD's.
yadda, yadda, yadda
Deal Addict
May 31, 2009
2246 posts
1272 upvotes
pauldryan wrote: How does this PS3 compare to the Sony BDPS590 ($139) for 3D Blu-ray playback? In particular load times ....... I like to start watching the movie before my popcorn gets cold. Is there still an issue with remote control compatability? Would I be better off picking up a 3D blu-ray burner and firing it into a PC to use as a media center? I'm not really a gamer although I've got a couple of XBox 360's collecting dust.

I hate spending much money on either option since I suspect that the PS3 is at the end of its life cycle and Blu-rays will shortly go the way of DVD's.
The PS3 is a great blu-ray player but it is a bit handicapped when it comes to the 3D functionality. It does provide you a nice 3D image but if you have a HDMI equipped theater setup to go along with it. You can only play the film with a plain Dolby or DTS track and not the full bitstream High Def audio like Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HDMA. If you are an audio fanatic the difference can sometimes be huge sound wise and so i would suggest suffering the longer load times and get a standalone 3D player.
[external link removed]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 27, 2011
5846 posts
5474 upvotes
Calgary
Invader Gir wrote: The PS3 is a great blu-ray player but it is a bit handicapped when it comes to the 3D functionality. It does provide you a nice 3D image but if you have a HDMI equipped theater setup to go along with it. You can only play the film with a plain Dolby or DTS track and not the full bitstream High Def audio like Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HDMA. If you are an audio fanatic the difference can sometimes be huge sound wise and so i would suggest suffering the longer load times and get a standalone 3D player.
I have both and prefer the ps3. The load times on the standalone is too annoying.
teksavvy sucks
Deal Fanatic
Apr 30, 2003
7800 posts
1611 upvotes
Toronto
Invader Gir wrote: The PS3 is a great blu-ray player but it is a bit handicapped when it comes to the 3D functionality. It does provide you a nice 3D image but if you have a HDMI equipped theater setup to go along with it. You can only play the film with a plain Dolby or DTS track and not the full bitstream High Def audio like Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HDMA. If you are an audio fanatic the difference can sometimes be huge sound wise and so i would suggest suffering the longer load times and get a standalone 3D player.
Dont give out false info. The ps3 does linear pcm and bitstreams for lossless audio for those with avr ht units.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2007
9135 posts
2092 upvotes
I use mine for netflix and ps+. Never bought a BR or game cause I hate discs lol
Dec 23, 2011
15 posts
1 upvote
KANATA
FML. I get paid on February 1st....do you think this will still be active by then?

I was planning on buying a PS3 during summer to catch up on PS3 Exclusive classics but this is too good to pass
Mar 14, 2008
440 posts
102 upvotes
Any chance people can PM at Staples and apply the 10% customer appreciation coupon?
May 18, 2009
463 posts
55 upvotes
spursbob wrote: Any chance people can PM at Staples and apply the 10% customer appreciation coupon?
For sure you can. Staples will be out of stock by the end of the weekend I'm sure. Lol
Jul 19, 2012
266 posts
66 upvotes
GLOUCESTER
looks like i am going to buy a ps3 tomorrow!!!! pay day tomorrow toooooo!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)