Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Sandisk 32GB micro SD 80mb/s

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 10th, 2014 4:12 pm
Tags:
None
15 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2014
1455 posts
3173 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
40$ for 32 GB is quite pricey albeit the faster transfer speeds!
80mB/s is reading speed, write speeds will be much slower.

Warm at best
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
9113 posts
2403 upvotes
mediumsteak wrote: 40$ for 32 GB is quite pricey albeit the faster transfer speeds!
80mB/s is reading speed, write speeds will be much slower.

Warm at best
Write speed is 60 mb/s which is quite good. Sandisk's Extreme Plus line generally has write speeds that are very close to the advertised (reading) speed, plus they have some of the best quality memory cards available. It's a pretty good deal, not hot but warmer than warm.
"God's in His heaven. All's right with the world." - Robert Browning (1812-1889)
Aug 8, 2013
317 posts
291 upvotes
Ottawa
mediumsteak wrote: Alternatively you can spend 3$ more and double the storage to 64 GB from Amazon.

http://www.amazon.ca/SanDisk-MicroSDXC- ... disk+64+gb

However keep in mind this is the SanDisk Ultra UHS-1 Class 10 card, which performs slower than the Extreme Plus.
For phones and tablets UHS-1 is perfect. The 64GB SanDisk should be perfect for everyday use.

Though I shouldn't really be the one saying that as I went and got a Samsung Evo Pro for my phone.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2004
2512 posts
65 upvotes
Coquitlam
Nimious wrote: For phones and tablets UHS-1 is perfect. The 64GB SanDisk should be perfect for everyday use.

Though I shouldn't really be the one saying that as I went and got a Samsung Evo Pro for my phone.
Did you get the evo pro from amazon US? Its 22$ or did you find a place in Canada that's pretty close in price?
Aug 8, 2013
317 posts
291 upvotes
Ottawa
kud0s69 wrote: Did you get the evo pro from amazon US? Its 22$ or did you find a place in Canada that's pretty close in price?
US Amazon for $22 USD for the 32GB SDHC version. It's ridiculous how much more expensive sd cards are in Canada so I would just suggest you buy it from Amazon.com and have it shipped over as I believe that's cheaper however little sense that makes.

I had mine shipped over by a friend along with a bunch of other stuff I bought on US Amazon. Since this is just a SD card you could probably just have a friend send it to you through mail.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2004
2512 posts
65 upvotes
Coquitlam
Nimious wrote: US Amazon for $22 USD for the 32GB SDHC version. It's ridiculous how much more expensive sd cards are in Canada so I would just suggest you buy it from Amazon.com and have it shipped over as I believe that's cheaper however little sense that makes.

I had mine shipped over by a friend along with a bunch of other stuff I bought on US Amazon. Since this is just a SD card you could probably just have a friend send it to you through mail.
Yeah I was just curious. I have 2 mailboxes in the states and relatives I can have it shipped to. I was just thinking it would be easier to find locally or within Canada. Same card on amazon.ca is about 2x as much :)
Jun 1, 2006
743 posts
49 upvotes
mediumsteak wrote: Alternatively you can spend 3$ more and double the storage to 64 GB from Amazon.

http://www.amazon.ca/SanDisk-MicroSDXC- ... disk+64+gb

However keep in mind this is the SanDisk Ultra UHS-1 Class 10 card, which performs slower than the Extreme Plus.
I'd like to buy this for my Samsung S3 for storing photos and apps. Can anyone comment on the performance for such use?
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2014
1455 posts
3173 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
jzy wrote: I'd like to buy this for my Samsung S3 for storing photos and apps. Can anyone comment on the performance for such use?
Performance of that card is satisfactory. Both me and my friend have the 64 GB model, both using Samsung S5.

8-10 MB write
30-35 MB read

Write speed below average, read speed above average.

Bang for buck: 8/10

Good luck
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2004
1584 posts
113 upvotes
mediumsteak wrote: Performance of that card is satisfactory. Both me and my friend have the 64 GB model, both using Samsung S5.

8-10 MB write
30-35 MB read

Good luck
How are you testing the write performance? Is it some sort of benchmarking software in Windows using a card reader?
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2014
1455 posts
3173 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
JackyTheBeaver wrote: How are you testing the write performance? Is it some sort of benchmarking software in Windows using a card reader?

The fastest method is most likely using your mobile device.

There's a plethora of SD Benchmarking apps available on Google Play Store, most of them free.

I would recommend this one:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ev.sdbench
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2010
7545 posts
6814 upvotes
Nimious wrote: Though I shouldn't really be the one saying that as I went and got a Samsung Evo Pro for my phone.
Isn't the EVO PRO a solid state drive..?
Aug 8, 2013
317 posts
291 upvotes
Ottawa
hvc wrote: Isn't the EVO PRO a solid state drive..?
Yeah, it's also the name for the SSD. EVO and EVO Pro is the name for the different lines of flash memory not actually an indication of what medium it is. EVO Pro is of course the higher end version with faster speeds.

Sandisk does the same thing with their Extreme and Extreme Pro lines where they use the same name for the SD cards and SSDs.

In any case SSD, USB, SD cards they're all just flash memory anyways so it makes sense to brand the different lines.
Deal Addict
May 15, 2009
3160 posts
3349 upvotes
57330 downvotes
mediumsteak wrote: Performance of that card is satisfactory. Both me and my friend have the 64 GB model, both using Samsung S5.

8-10 MB write
30-35 MB read

Good luck
JackyTheBeaver wrote: How are you testing the write performance? Is it some sort of benchmarking software in Windows using a card reader?
mediumsteak wrote: The fastest method is most likely using your mobile device.

There's a plethora of SD Benchmarking apps available on Google Play Store, most of them free.

I would recommend this one:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ev.sdbench
It wont be a full/reliable benchmark on a Galaxy S3/5... Use a USB3 Card Reader to run benchmarks...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)