Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Future Shop

BB/FS Wii U ZombiU Deluxe Set $389.99 includes Pro Controller

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 4th, 2013 12:30 am
Tags:
None
Sep 23, 2012
72 posts
10 upvotes
KINGSTON
Pro controller, is not a good deal as is not working in all games. What we have to do is wait some time until xbox get something new. Will be cheaper for sure.
Dec 26, 2012
615 posts
40 upvotes
LOWBANKS
I just don't see the point of spending $400 when it will be outdated in a years time with the next gen consoles...
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2012
1345 posts
314 upvotes
NEWMARKET
YoloGrizzly wrote: I just don't see the point of spending $400 when it will be outdated in a years time with the next gen consoles...
For the same reason a lot of people enjoyed the original Wii. Graphics don't always make the games.

I'll admit, the release schedule doesn't currently look so hot right now, but chances are good, you're not buying the Wii U as your main gaming device anyway.

Lego City Undercover looks really fun and it comes out next month. That will be Wii U game #6 for me. I like the system.
Apr 25, 2010
230 posts
46 upvotes
Ottawa
cheapbastage wrote: I'll buy when there's a Mario bundle and a some exclusive games on the shelf. I don't expect the prices to drop, I think the margins are very tight.
I agree. Where is the New Super Mario Bros. Wii U bundle? That's the only one that would matter to me. Better to just buy a Deluxe Wii U and NSMB U. Zombi U isn't anything special, as is NintendoLand. Just pack the only good exclusive game you've got and be done with it, Nintendo.
Emoticons are for losers.
Apr 18, 2008
918 posts
295 upvotes
Mississauga
$10 less and they need to slap that Nintendoland sticker right on there. I don't think ZombiU makes use of the Pro Controller, but whatever. It apparently works with RE Revelations, but then why would you use a Pro Controller and miss out on the Wii U-exclusive stuff like off-screen play, quick item select or maps on the uPad?
BluesyT wrote: Zombi U isn't anything special, as is NintendoLand. Just pack the only good exclusive game you've got and be done with it, Nintendo.
I like NSMBU, but Nintendoland is a great game. I've had more fun with it than Mario. There's a lot of variety. While it's really fun with friends (using Wiimotes), there are still a good amount of single-player content.
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2012
1345 posts
314 upvotes
NEWMARKET
I loved ZombiU! Thought it was great.

It uses the pro controller when playing multiplayer.
Jul 21, 2012
119 posts
128 upvotes
VICTORIA
Kryst wrote: Wind Waker was never remade. I agree though I'd rather have Windwaker remade rather than Wind Waker.
Hahaha! Nice
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2008
2668 posts
1399 upvotes
North York
Wait till Feb 20, SONY is going to announce PS4.

Wii U hardware has been analyzed. It has a better GPU than a 360. CPU however is modified Wii CPU ... Wii you heard it right... piece of garbage CPU is a modification of the CPU from GameCube.

Do not waste your money on a Wii U. There is nothing unique about it and I suspect with weaker CPU it will not / Never out perform PS3 / 360. This Hardware is worth 199 max.
Banned
Dec 3, 2010
2615 posts
383 upvotes
Sarnia
Moeeed wrote: Wait till Feb 20, SONY is going to announce PS4.

Wii U hardware has been analyzed. It has a better GPU than a 360. CPU however is modified Wii CPU ... Wii you heard it right... piece of garbage CPU is a modification of the CPU from GameCube.

Do not waste your money on a Wii U. There is nothing unique about it and I suspect with weaker CPU it will not / Never out perform PS3 / 360. This Hardware is worth 199 max.
Horrible Sony GUI has basically left my PS3 as the 4th choice in the house. Hate it. My son hates it too. With that said if Sony can improve that and maybe make their controllers a little more comfortable then the new Sony system might end up in my house at some point. The only reason we still have the PS3 now is it is our blu-ray player.

As for the Wii U yes there is something unique about it. Have you even played a game or heck a demo on it ? Play the Rayman demo on it and tell me it isn't different than another system. You do not know what you are talking about.
Money = evil
May 7, 2010
53 posts
13 upvotes

People generally buy Nintendo consoles for Nintendo made games, waiting around for the PS4 to be announced will not fix that. Also you're right about the hardware costing about 200$, however I don't think you added in the price of the tablet controller into that. Replacement controllers in Japan are selling for about 172$ atm, and probably will go for 150$ here when they start selling them.
Deal Addict
May 14, 2010
2240 posts
506 upvotes
Summerland
I'll get a Wii U not only when it is cheaper, but when they finally decide put in more memory. Screw 32 GB.
Apr 18, 2008
918 posts
295 upvotes
Mississauga
Nintendo expects people to use an external HDD for their digital downloads. I'm sure you can pick up something cheaper in one of those other threads from Canada Computer, NCIX, Memory Express, etc. because a 320 GB Wii U would probably be given a ridiculous price bump.
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2010
2611 posts
405 upvotes
Toronto
Saturate wrote: Nintendo expects people to use an external HDD for their digital downloads. I'm sure you can pick up something cheaper in one of those other threads from Canada Computer, NCIX, Memory Express, etc. because a 320 GB Wii U would probably be given a ridiculous price bump.
Yup I hope the new Xbox follow this as well
Apr 20, 2009
288 posts
142 upvotes
I think the value of this bundle is quite good. It's like getting a game or a controller for free. Plus ZombiiU is one of the games that shows off the uniqueness of the system, so I think it's a good choice (instead of NSMB). I've been waiting for a better deal before jumping in on the WiiU and I think this one pushes me over the edge to buy it especially since Nintendo has said it does not intend to reduce the price any time soon (I can see a small price reduction in the fall). Does anyone know if RCSS is going to carry this bundle and whether it can be picked up during the no tax weekend for no tax?
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2007
1638 posts
786 upvotes
Kryst wrote: Wind Waker was never remade. I agree though I'd rather have Windwaker remade rather than Wind Waker.
Holy shat! I was like what? but then I reread my post and lmao. I must be on drugs or someone spiked my coffee. Wow I want more :cheesygri
Aug 21, 2011
854 posts
232 upvotes
Might be worth mentioning the nintendo land copy is digital unlike the regular deluxe set, zombieU however is physical
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2006
1789 posts
334 upvotes

i know, i have a pile of gpus next to my desk so i can have some fun, screw games.
Aug 4, 2010
691 posts
277 upvotes
Not Winnipeg

Nothing unique about a Wii-U? Nice try. You should take your fanboy trolling elsewhere.
If anything, the Wii-U is TOO unique and the devs have been slow to get games out the door.
Deal Expert
Jan 8, 2007
23402 posts
640 upvotes
Toronto
ahhell wrote: Nothing unique about a Wii-U? Nice try. You should take your fanboy trolling elsewhere.
If anything, the Wii-U is TOO unique and the devs have been slow to get games out the door.
Would like a Resident Evil 4 remake on the Wii U. lol OMG, a Super Mario RPG for the Wii U would be so awesome!!!!
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2008
2668 posts
1399 upvotes
North York
ahhell wrote: Nothing unique about a Wii-U? Nice try. You should take your fanboy trolling elsewhere.
From DICE 2013, there were more talks of developers cancelling projects rather than coming up with the new ones. Stop making up ***** here. TOO UNIQUE... ROFL.

I guess it is unique in the sense that a new console released in 2012 is struggling to outperform consoles from 2005.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)