Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Future Shop

BB/FS Wii U ZombiU Deluxe Set $389.99 includes Pro Controller

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 4th, 2013 12:30 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2009
2182 posts
209 upvotes
SaleEndsSoon wrote: Na b the 360 is the best.
lol I thought that too but playing with the pro controller and it fits my hands better. Guess personal preference. Lol

Also I havent touched my 360 since mass effect 3 came out.
Brand NEW FUJIFILM F900EXR FOR SALE ASKING $225
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2011
1755 posts
443 upvotes
Shankey wrote: People generally buy Nintendo consoles for Nintendo made games, waiting around for the PS4 to be announced will not fix that. Also you're right about the hardware costing about 200$, however I don't think you added in the price of the tablet controller into that. Replacement controllers in Japan are selling for about 172$ atm, and probably will go for 150$ here when they start selling them.
Cost $140 to replace.

[IMG]http://www.abload.de/img/gamepad1qtuf4.png[/IMG]
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2011
1660 posts
724 upvotes
It's stupid how the Pro Controller only work on a few games. It doesn't even work on New Super Mario U wtf.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2006
1620 posts
602 upvotes
Kids... kids... Not to fuel the fire but if you are true gamer, all you need is a PC and Nintendo console(s) if you want the best of both worlds.

As an RFD member, let's face it. No cheap bastard in their right mind would pay for an overpriced subscription just to play PC games online, so XBOX consoles are out of the equation.

As for Sony, they won't exist in 5-6 years. They had 10 billion in cash in 2010, 5 billion by 2012. They burned through half of their cash reserves in 2 years, a period where their matured PS3 console should have made them money but still hasn't. 3 out of the 5 last years, Sony was at a yearly loss. In 2012, they had their worst year in record. All Sony divisions are not making any money. From crappy movies, to being out competed by the likes of Apple, Samsung and now Microsoft stealing their gaming base. Sony credit rating has been reduced to junk status.

With PS4 launch, they no longer can rely on blu ray trojan horse to attract consumers since physical media is on its last legs. Furthermore, PS4 will obviously sell at a loss and looking at the development cycle of the game demos they previewed, it looks like the software attach rate at launch will be extremely low since almost all the games they showed were pretty much at alpha stage. I don't think any of those games will be finalized in 6-8 months time.

So Sony right now is a sinking ship and their solution to keep afloat is to detonate a nuclear device to sink it faster aka PS4.

What I am trying to say is that, like it or not, Nintendo will rule console gaming from here to forever. And if you want boring GFX games like Crysis 3, get yourself a PC people.
Good...Good...
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2011
1660 posts
724 upvotes
manicdvln wrote: Kids... kids... Not to fuel the fire but if you are true gamer, all you need is a PC and Nintendo console(s) if you want the best of both worlds.

As an RFD member, let's face it. No cheap bastard in their right mind would pay for an overpriced subscription just to play PC games online, so XBOX consoles are out of the equation.

As for Sony, they won't exist in 5-6 years. They had 10 billion in cash in 2010, 5 billion by 2012. They burned through half of their cash reserves in 2 years, a period where their matured PS3 console should have made them money but still hasn't. 3 out of the 5 last years, Sony was at a yearly loss. In 2012, they had their worst year in record. All Sony divisions are not making any money. From crappy movies, to being out competed by the likes of Apple, Samsung and now Microsoft stealing their gaming base. Sony credit rating has been reduced to junk status.

With PS4 launch, they no longer can rely on blu ray trojan horse to attract consumers since physical media is on its last legs. Furthermore, PS4 will obviously sell at a loss and looking at the development cycle of the game demos they previewed, it looks like the software attach rate at launch will be extremely low since almost all the games they showed were pretty much at alpha stage. I don't think any of those games will be finalized in 6-8 months time.

So Sony right now is a sinking ship and their solution to keep afloat is to detonate a nuclear device to sink it faster aka PS4.

What I am trying to say is that, like it or not, Nintendo will rule console gaming from here to forever. And if you want boring GFX games like Crysis 3, get yourself a PC people.
Please explain the lack of 3rd party support and the low sales of Wii U please.
Deal Addict
Sep 18, 2011
1486 posts
175 upvotes
manicdvln wrote: Kids... kids... Not to fuel the fire but if you are true gamer, all you need is a PC and Nintendo console(s) if you want the best of both worlds.

Nintendo hasn't been worth owning in a while. PS4 interest me with the features it has. We also don't know all the games that will release. I mean if you honestly think that is all...... COD,BF4, and a ton of other games that have not ben announced will be on it same as for the Xbox. The Wii U won't be getting most.

Physical media is not anywhere close to on its last legs. And of course consoles sell at a loss. They always have from what I remember. They make up by selling games. And yes the games will release on Launch.

I don't think you know what you are talking about.
"Want Some Steelbooks? Deal wit it" - Futureshop
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2006
1620 posts
602 upvotes
laststar wrote: Please explain the lack of 3rd party support and the low sales of Wii U please.
Lack? Like what? Destiny, Watch Dogs, Assasins Creed 4, NFS: Most Wanted, The Witness... Pretty much most of the third party games being made for the PS4 is also coming to NextBOX and Wii U.

Sony has little or no exclusivity in anything while Nintendo has plethora of exclusive first party IP. The Wii didn't have much third party support and it sold record hundreds of millions, can't say the same for PS3.

Both 3DS and Wii had little or no third party support at launch, when the sales pick up, third party titles followed, especially for the 3DS.

It's all about money for developers, nothing to do with loyalty. If they can port their games to all consoles they would. It's simply matter of time and money. Third party developers in conjunction with their publishers make bets on which console(s) their games will sell most and first develop on those systems with temporary "exclusivity" when they see another console taking off, they all want a piece of that pie and obviously port their games to that platform as well.

While the Wii was extremely successful, the problem was the under performance of the console itself bieng NON-HD, with the Wii U, they no longer have that problem. Sure, the Wii U, is not as powerful as the PS4 but porting games to the Wii U is a non-issue since all next-gen engines are built to scale down.

In the end, explanation of what may come to Wii U has nothing with companies finances. Third party support comes or doesn't come on the Wii U, Sony is in incredible financial turmoil.

The only reason I get Nintendo console is for Nintendo games, the rest of the ported "third party" games, I rather play on PC to get best GFX unless they made something special which uses Nintendo's hardware to deliver a unique experience. This is why I say, if you want best of both words, just get yourself a PC and a Nintendo console.

You can't play Nintendo games anywhere but a Nintendo console, but you can play all those third party games on multiple platforms. So what is the point of buying a under performing console when I can build a better PC for relativity same price and do more than gaming on it.
Good...Good...
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2006
1620 posts
602 upvotes
SaleEndsSoon wrote: Nintendo hasn't been worth owning in a while. PS4 interest me with the features it has. We also don't know all the games that will release. I mean if you honestly think that is all...... COD,BF4, and a ton of other games that have not ben announced will be on it same as for the Xbox. The Wii U won't be getting most.

Physical media is not anywhere close to on its last legs. And of course consoles sell at a loss. They always have from what I remember. They make up by selling games. And yes the games will release on Launch.

I don't think you know what you are talking about.
Yeah physical media is in such growth that Sony (the founder of bluray) actually purchased GAKAI and partnered with USTREAM to stream all its ***** , lol. Not all consoles sell at a loss, most of Nintendo's console were sold even or at a profit. The only two that sold at a loss at launch was 3DS and Wii U, 3DS was in profit after 6 months and Wii U will break even soon.

You do realize Sony just showed a face for one game, a scripted demo for the others running on PC hardware. Even Sony admitted their console pricing will be completely dependent on component prices during launch time. This means they have no contracts with the hardware manufactures and simply relying on market forces, incredibly risky.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Sony launch will be the best disaster launch ever, probably worse than the Virtual Boy. People in 10 years time will be talking and studying about that launch and how it triggered the downfall of Sony.

Just wait and see.
Good...Good...
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2012
1345 posts
314 upvotes
NEWMARKET
manicdvln wrote: The only two that sold at a loss at launch was 3DS and Wii U, 3DS was in profit after 6 months and Wii U will break even soon.
The 3DS was NOT sold at a loss. Still isn't. The break down was about $110 to make the 3DS and they retailed it for $250... Then dropped it by $80

The only thing they lost was a lot of faith from their fans.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2006
1620 posts
602 upvotes
"Ever since Nintendo slashed the price of the 3DS, there's been plenty of speculation that the gaming giant has been selling the portable console at a loss. The company acknowledged that fact during its disappointing earnings report, stating, "its hardware has been sold below cost because of its significant price cut in the fiscal year ended March 31, 2012," something that's uncharacteristic of the company's past operations. But as with its fairly unfortunate financials, the company plans to turn things around, adding, "Nintendo expects to cease selling it below cost by the middle of the fiscal year ending March 31, 2013."

http://www.engadget.com/2012/04/26/nint ... ects-that/
Good...Good...
Apr 1, 2009
286 posts
139 upvotes
manicdvln.... you did your homework lol. You are right as for higher graphics, just play it with your computer. I have a i7 overclocked to 4.6 water cooled, with two 6890 crossfired. I use it for rendering no system will ever come close to what I have, but the fact of the matter is that Nintendo does have licensing rights to their games. I want a system that is fun and with others, if I want a system to play crisis or any other high performance graphic game I would just use my computer. I believe that people should honestly give the system a try with the tablet. If they don't like it return it, who cares what system is better or what is coming out. THeir will always be the next best thing, what matters is if you have fun with a game and a system.

I cut this out from my other post...

I got one from my Fiance, I was going to buy it but she demanded she buy. I'm difficult to buy gifts, I just buy it when I want something. Anyway I am in my early thirties and I do have ps3 but I only play the FInal Fantasy trilogy games when they come out. I gave up on video games a long time ago. But my Fiance and I luv playing Mario, we have a good time playing together. For me games on ps3 and 360 games lost that Nostalgia that I remember playing with ps1 , nes,snes. But this interaction with the controller really makes the games fun, I even bought Zombie U, I read the reviews and they were up and down. But I will tell you the game is suspenseful and fun. I cant even play it at night because it freaks me out, and believe me I go hunting in the woods for days sometimes by myself and never think twice of being scared. THis game if you put the sound up and your surrounding is dark I will tell you it gets the blood pumping I don't remember ever a game freaking me out like that. THe controller vibrates and has sound, which really gets you into the game. Anyway the system might not have a million games, but as far as what it has and what its getting, I'm happy and for the present deal its a great price.
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2009
4418 posts
70 upvotes
Toronto
i'm going to wait till atleast next boxing day (or even boxing day 2014)

ps4 and xbox 720 will be out by then = wiiu price drop

also, wiiu will (hopefully) show mario galaxy 3 and zelda HD at e3, also whatever game retro has been working on for wiiu plus a few surprises would be nice

and I have too many games in my backlog that i need to play so I can't justify buying a new console atm
Banned
Mar 20, 2011
1324 posts
822 upvotes
Bowmanville

So....you're saying true gamers only play PC and Nintendo? If you listen closely, you can hear the sound of millions of facepalms... Derp...

Nintendo has always been fun, but I waited years for a true nintendo experience on the wii. I thought Skyward Sword would do it, but unfortunately it left alot of "hardcore gamers" wanting more. Where is the wiiu's killer app? That's why I'm waiting for a price drop to pick one up. I know people who own them, and I've spent some time with them, so I have a fair impression.

As for pc...where to start... If I buy an xbox game, I know when I get it home it'll run. I don't need to upgrade my console to play the latest games. They may be a little prettier on PC, but they better be, considering they need to be upgraded multiple times over their life cycle. I spend $300 or so on a console and I get 5-7 years out of it. I buy a PC for $800 and I need to upgrade it every time the new Crysis or Elder Scrolls comes out... Also no achievements or trophies, viruses, mods, more piracy...

Also, I like Sony. I started the last gen as an X360 fanboy, but Sony won me over. I can't see Sony not existing in 10 years. But my crystal ball doesn't work as well as yours I guess. I don't think anyone can say Nintendo is the hardcore gaming home console. My 60 year old mom has a wii!

OT: This seemed like a reasonable price for this bundle. At least it's the Deluxe bundle, I can't see paying that much for the regular version.
You just proved signatures work!

Now who would go and edit my signature for no valid reason, especially as it never violated any of the posted terms.... :lol:
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2006
1620 posts
602 upvotes
nowsleepy wrote: So....you're saying true gamers only play PC and Nintendo? If you listen closely, you can hear the sound of millions of facepalms... Derp...

Nintendo has always been fun, but I waited years for a true nintendo experience on the wii. I thought Skyward Sword would do it, but unfortunately it left alot of "hardcore gamers" wanting more. Where is the wiiu's killer app? That's why I'm waiting for a price drop to pick one up. I know people who own them, and I've spent some time with them, so I have a fair impression.

As for pc...where to start... If I buy an xbox game, I know when I get it home it'll run. I don't need to upgrade my console to play the latest games. They may be a little prettier on PC, but they better be, considering they need to be upgraded multiple times over their life cycle. I spend $300 or so on a console and I get 5-7 years out of it. I buy a PC for $800 and I need to upgrade it every time the new Crysis or Elder Scrolls comes out... Also no achievements or trophies, viruses, mods, more piracy...

Also, I like Sony. I started the last gen as an X360 fanboy, but Sony won me over. I can't see Sony not existing in 10 years. But my crystal ball doesn't work as well as yours I guess. I don't think anyone can say Nintendo is the hardcore gaming home console. My 60 year old mom has a wii!

OT: This seemed like a reasonable price for this bundle. At least it's the Deluxe bundle, I can't see paying that much for the regular version.
Opinion has nothing to do with the facts at this moment. If you don't like Nintendo games, then obviously Nintendo console is not for you.

PC don't need to be upgraded several times, you actually think somehow magically XBOX console just increases in performance and GFX remain on par with PC port? LOL

I still have an FX AMD Quad core that I had bought since launch of these consoles, and I still play current generation as well as run next gen games like Crysis 3 on 1080p no problem.

So the reality is, you don't need to upgrade your PC if you want to subpar quality of current generation consoles. Even the next-gen PS4 and Nextbox is already underpowered compared to what is out on the market.

On top of that, neither the XBOX nor the PS4 will have any new proprietary custom hardware, which means they are just non upgradeable PCs. So why restrict yourself, when you can simply upgrade your PC IF NEEDED for future games, instead of buy a whole new console and pray they launch the game you actually want.

If I didn't like Nintendo games, I would have simply said buy a PC, but like I said. If you want best of both worlds, get yourself a Nintendo console and PC. Nintendo consoles always provide a unique experience that you can't get easily with a PC, nor can you play Nintendo games on a PC.

Nintendo Wii main target audience was not hardcore gamers, it was actually to expand the stagnant gaming market (Blue ocean strategy) by incorporating a "disruptive technology" (wiimote) that would attract a fresh audience that never played games. So if you say your grandma bought one, then Nintendo succeeded in their strategy.

Now that tablets and smartphone's have taken off, the casual gaming audience has shifted dramatically, so Nintendo after expanding the market, their Wii U strategy is to get that new casual gamer with something they are now familiar with, Tablets (wii u gamepad) and wiimote.

But this time, Nintendo doesn't want to alienate their core gamers, this is why the gamepad isn't entirely a trouchscreen, but also incorporating retro gamepad controls.
Good...Good...
Deal Addict
Sep 18, 2011
1486 posts
175 upvotes
manicdvln wrote: Yeah physical media is in such growth that Sony (the founder of bluray) actually purchased GAKAI and partnered with USTREAM to stream all its ***** , lol. Not all consoles sell at a loss, most of Nintendo's console were sold even or at a profit. The only two that sold at a loss at launch was 3DS and Wii U, 3DS was in profit after 6 months and Wii U will break even soon.

You do realize Sony just showed a face for one game, a scripted demo for the others running on PC hardware. Even Sony admitted their console pricing will be completely dependent on component prices during launch time. This means they have no contracts with the hardware manufactures and simply relying on market forces, incredibly risky.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Sony launch will be the best disaster launch ever, probably worse than the Virtual Boy. People in 10 years time will be talking and studying about that launch and how it triggered the downfall of Sony.

Just wait and see.
All their other consoles are made with 8 year old technology. Wii U is not selling. And physical media is still number one there are a lot of issues with digital people have. There are some articles talking about it. Even then if everything goes digital I am out.
Banned
Mar 20, 2011
1324 posts
822 upvotes
Bowmanville
Look, manic, I grew up with nintendo. Alot of us did. But you can't honestly believe that nintendo is for hardcore, or even semi-serious gamers. ZombiU is the only mature game I can think of that has any buzz on any nintendo system.

I happen to love nintendo, and when I'm in the mood for some Animal Crossing, I dust off my wii. But it's not a hardcore console. Nintendo has always been about fun games and bright colours, not an intense experience. Why do you think Nintendo doesn't really focus on online multiplayer? I'm glad you bought a wiiu and you enjoy it. Now get a few hundred thousand more people to do it and you can say that Nintendo won the console wars.

As for Sony, before their big reveal, alot of people were skeptical about their future. Now, most people are excited about the PS4. The question that is being asked is "what can microsoft do about the PS4?", not "How will WiiU or PC respond?" That tells us who the real home console companies are, and where true gamers are.

And there is no way that a 6 year old PC will play a high-end current PC game without upgrades. Remember Doom3? That was a benchmark game. and yet, a year after PC gamers had to spend more money on their rig, it was on the old Xbox, no upgrades required. Maybe not as pretty, but pretty darn close. Just one example. Remember, just because you like something, it doesn't mean you're right. And predicting the PS4 launch to be the biggest failure ever is pretty ridiculous, considering the WiiU's launch.

Now, I don't usually get into these things with members, so I'm walking away from this. Might be best for you to do the same, before we both get banned.
You just proved signatures work!

Now who would go and edit my signature for no valid reason, especially as it never violated any of the posted terms.... :lol:
Deal Addict
Sep 18, 2011
1486 posts
175 upvotes
I have to highly disagree.

Nintendo used to have intense experience games. OOT, Majoras Mask, Conkers Bad fur day, Rare games, etc. But that was mostly on the N64. Nintendo also has/had some of the greatest multiplayer experiences. But that was for local play only. They don't seem like it matters to them to try and get that online. They don't seem to try much at all anymore.

EDIT: Bright colors don't detract from making a game hardcore. Explosions don't make a game automatically intense.
Deal Addict
Sep 18, 2011
1486 posts
175 upvotes
*** wrote: ***************
We still don't know all their exclusives and what will ship third party wise on both consoles. The feature they show far showed me have me very interested. I still think Microsoft will beat them but if the rumors about always online, DRM, no second hand games, Kinect to start the console, are true then no.

We will see.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)