Expired Hot Deals

[Future Shop] BB: HOT! Panasonic 4 handset phone system with answering machine, $99.99 (reg $160)

• Last Updated:
  • May 14th, 2013 1:13 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Jun 28, 2012
5562 posts
811 upvotes
Calgary

[Future Shop] BB: HOT! Panasonic 4 handset phone system with answering machine, $99.99 (reg $160)

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/pan ... ageIndex=1

This is panasonics top of the line model. Hs DECT 6.0+ and talking caller ID.

Has gotten perfect ratings for sound quality.

PM at future shop for $94

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/ ... ageIndex=1
32 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2011
1476 posts
418 upvotes
PEI
newegg had Panasonic KX-TG6645B 1.9 GHz Digital DECT 6.0 5X Handsets Cordless Phones Integrated Answering Machine for $110 freeship 3 weeks ago. I bought it and works great. Lots of reviews on amazon.

Anyone know how to disable or lower volume the talking caller id on these? Nothing in manual or options.
Also how to change how many rings before answering machine answers?

Don't forget that AAA eneloops work with the phone :)
Dec 20, 2006
414 posts
104 upvotes
linkinparkfan007 wrote:
May 12th, 2013 11:17 am
Costco 5 handset with bluetooth link2cell is technically better
Is it still available, anyone have a link?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 15, 2012
7609 posts
2749 upvotes
Southern Ontario
dreamaz wrote:
May 12th, 2013 12:05 pm
Is it still available, anyone have a link?
Yes it is, in-store, I posted a thread a while back when it was on sale but it's currently regular price, $119 I think.
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2006
4505 posts
766 upvotes
andrewabc wrote:
May 12th, 2013 11:29 am
Don't forget that AAA eneloops work with the phone :)
That's irrelevant since you won't be using the primary reason for eneloops - low self discharge (LSD) over a long period of time - for the following reasons:
1/ most consumers will leave the handset charging all of time on the base until they pick up the phone to use and once done they return it to the base... no opportunity for the self discharge to occur
2/ when off the base, the phone continuously uses power so the batteries (regardless if they are eneloops or not) would be dead before self discharge becomes a factor. You might be better off with a non LSD battery as they have a higher capacity allowing the phone to be used longer!

Just use the batteries that come with the phone. In two or three years when you need to replace them, replace them with a quality name brand NiMH with a high capacity at a good price (doesn't have to be LSD). If that happens to be an LSD battery, so be it.
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2006
4505 posts
766 upvotes
The price is good but far from hot. This phone goes on sale for this price or slightly lower ALL of the time. I got the same phone which I got over 6 months ago and it was on sale at the same price.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2011
1476 posts
418 upvotes
PEI
craftsman wrote:
May 12th, 2013 1:38 pm
Just use the batteries that come with the phone. In two or three years when you need to replace them, replace them with a quality name brand NiMH with a high capacity at a good price (doesn't have to be LSD). If that happens to be an LSD battery, so be it.
Thanks for the tip. I set up the last phone today (1.5 week after initial setup), and completely forgot it came with batteries already. Found them and took out my 2xaaa eneloop. I guess good thing that the new phones use standard AAA rechargable. Whereas the phone it replaced used some weird battery that had poor performance.

So yah, I'm using all the included batteries and not eneloop. But will use eneloop if the included batteries die in future.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 15, 2012
7609 posts
2749 upvotes
Southern Ontario
My wife leaves the handsets off the chargers all the time, drives me nuts when I can't find one.
We don't even need 5 of them, lol, er, I guess we do.
Jul 13, 2006
765 posts
26 upvotes
Link-To-Cell is a feature nice to have. Is the ones sold at Costco the older model?

Newegg seem to have a "newer" compact slimmer model for $140. It might be a good idea to get them when they are on sale but it gets sold out pretty quickly. The 3 handset model was on sale for $59 a month ago but was sold out in a couple of hours.
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.as ... alParent=1
× < >