None
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2007
2667 posts
198 upvotes
Toronto
EDIT:
Does not apply :(

If there is no stock at your local store, you can get an additional $50 off and free delivery.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2007
2667 posts
198 upvotes
Toronto
And it was $699 in January 2012, so only dropped by $100 in a year?
I want it for $500
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2007
2245 posts
425 upvotes
jagerbombs wrote:
Dec 20th, 2012 11:44 am
Don't use your ears, use your eyes.

Go see in store yourself how this stacks up to LG or Samsung TVs in terms of quality
Sigh....

Moving on, does the CC purchase double the 2yr warranty, to four?
Deal Addict
May 13, 2005
2921 posts
2881 upvotes
Montreal
hdave wrote:
Dec 20th, 2012 1:19 pm
FYI

If there is no stock at your local store, you can get an additional 50% off and free delivery.
You mean $50 off.

If it is 50% off then we can organize a RFD team to go to a specific store to buy a specific TV model until it run out of stock so we will get 50% off. Later we all return those TVs we bought at full price.
Aug 16, 2003
592 posts
42 upvotes
hdave wrote:
Dec 20th, 2012 1:19 pm
FYI
If there is no stock at your local store, you can get an additional 50% off and free delivery.
This shows as "Not available in local stores", so I don't think this policy would apply. Please correct me if I'm wrong!
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2007
2667 posts
198 upvotes
Toronto
X360 wrote:
Dec 20th, 2012 1:46 pm
You mean $50 off.

If it is 50% off then we can organize a RFD team to go to a specific store to buy a specific TV model until it run out of stock so we will get 50% off. Later we all return those TVs we bought at full price.
thanks, fixed.
Black Adder wrote:
Dec 20th, 2012 1:52 pm
This shows as "Not available in local stores", so I don't think this policy would apply. Please correct me if I'm wrong!
possible, i will look into it and edit my post if that is the case
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2007
2667 posts
198 upvotes
Toronto
EDIT:
works for some, not others.
YMMV

I think it applies!
Below is a copy/paste of the policy on their site with key points highlighted.
I don't see clearance, gone when gone, demo, doorcrasher or limited quantity on the item page.

Flat Panel In-Stock Guarantee

Best Buy Canada offers an in-stock guarantee on all flat-panel TVs that are 46” and above. If the flat-panel TV (46” and above) you are looking for is not in stock at your Best Buy store, then one of our associates will help you find it, order it for delivery, and offer you:

1. Free local delivery
2. $50 off the advertised price

PLEASE NOTE: This guarantee excludes all Clearance, Gone When Gone, Demo and Doorcrasher Items, and Limited Quantity offers.
Mar 27, 2008
26 posts
20 upvotes
I was going to go get this in store later today. No stores in Ottawa showed stock so I would have been able to get the extra $50 off. I just checked again and now they changed their website saying it is an online only purchase so the in-stock guarantee does not apply anymore.

Since the sale price doesn't end until the 24th, I will wait and see if something better comes up with the boxing day sales.
Aug 16, 2003
592 posts
42 upvotes
hdave wrote:
Dec 20th, 2012 2:05 pm
I think it applies!
Well it sort of worked for me; I called a local BB and they said I could get free delivery to the store plus a $50 gift card. So I went to the store, and that's what I got.

Thanks to hoanboy and hdave!
Banned
Jun 22, 2012
4738 posts
657 upvotes
Shhanada
hoanboy wrote:
Dec 20th, 2012 12:33 pm
It printed as 2 years on the box...and according to this Insignia document. 2 Years in-home for anything larger than 37".

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=& ... mQ&cad=rja
Don't have access to the box myself, but in 2012 Insignia cut their warranty on most sets to 1 year, and the document you reference is from 2011.
Banned
Jun 22, 2012
4738 posts
657 upvotes
Shhanada
Just noticed the model number here is A12, that series should still get the 2 year warranty, A13's (which started being released way back last spring) get 1 year.
Nov 1, 2003
727 posts
62 upvotes
I just got one :)

$599 + $25 OES + $81.25 HST = $706.24 Total...

Was happy because they didn't have stock, but the $50 and Free Shipping didn't apply, because this item is a special order from every store.

The good thing was, the pick up date is Dec 29th and I still have 30 days to make sure everything is working instead of Jan 6th 2013 (their Christmas Exchange date)

So in a nut shell, I can still take advantage if something better comes along :)
Salesperson at Royal LePage Your Community Realty :)
Sep 27, 2008
28 posts
10 upvotes
Picked this up during the cyber monday sale for the same price. In my opinion, the picture is great for movies and games, but the sound is not the best. It also has a 24p movie mode (to eliminate soap opera effect) that works quite well.

The only major problem is backlight bleed on the left and right edge (not very bright or noticeable to most people, but still a good 4 inches on either side). If you are the kind of person that will fixate on it, this is probably not the television for you, as you will likely encounter it.

Overall, it was well worth the purchase.
Aug 10, 2003
933 posts
175 upvotes
Winnipeg
I called Best Buy & the rep. tells me from their internal notes she looked up (and she also suggested it is also in the TV warranty booklet) that the warranty does **NOT** cover in home repair.

She also said they show it as a 1 year warranty that is express exchange - meaning complete exchange - not repair. Unknown was who pays the shipping for returning the defective TV and sending out the replacement.

She said her records show it as a 1 year warranty. So if you bought this TV - be sure to hang onto the box portion showing '2 year warranty' as well as the warranty document in the manual.

Also note - if you are a resident of Manitoba that under consumer protection laws the 'Vendor' is responsible for handling all terms of the warranty - not the consumer. This means you do not have to be shipping the TV back to Insignia - Best Buy has to.

But I'd suggest paying more $$$ and going after another TV that has in home warranty service.

I also asked what happens if the TV comes out and I decide I just don't like it within the first 30 days.
She said I can return it to a Best Buy store (not likely unless I have a truck) or pay an undetermined amount to have it picked up.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2007
2667 posts
198 upvotes
Toronto
edmondt wrote:
Dec 20th, 2012 7:58 pm
I just got one :)

$599 + $25 OES + $81.25 HST = $706.24 Total...

Was happy because they didn't have stock, but the $50 and Free Shipping didn't apply, because this item is a special order from every store.

The good thing was, the pick up date is Dec 29th and I still have 30 days to make sure everything is working instead of Jan 6th 2013 (their Christmas Exchange date)

So in a nut shell, I can still take advantage if something better comes along :)
can you please hook it up and give us an initial review??
I am most likely going to pick it up on the weekend!
× < >