Banned
Jun 22, 2012
4737 posts
659 upvotes
Shhanada
Samwfive wrote:
Dec 20th, 2012 1:39 pm
Sigh....

Moving on, does the CC purchase double the 2yr warranty, to four?
I don't think so, one additional year max. And it's not like a real warranty, it's quite restrictive and probably requires you going through lots of hoopholes if there's ever a claim. And the manufacturer's warranty is probably weak too. Hate to say it, but if you want protection down the road with fewer headaches, you have to buy it separately, just negotiate hard for a lower price.
Nov 1, 2003
754 posts
79 upvotes
Sure thing, I would be happy to to take pictures and to a little review :) I'll be picking it up on 29th, the deal would be gone tho.
hdave wrote:
Dec 21st, 2012 9:13 am
can you please hook it up and give us an initial review??
I am most likely going to pick it up on the weekend!
Salesperson
[OP]
May 8, 2006
202 posts
87 upvotes
Toronto
Just done with setting up the TV!!!

Pro: great picture after adjustment, very thin, nice brush metal finish, 2 years warranty (as per box and document inside)
Con: Power cord is not removable from the main TV, took forever to scan TV channels, some bleeding around the corners

Great buy at $600! (706 all-inclusive)
Dec 23, 2003
806 posts
10 upvotes
Newmarket
Thanks OP, ordered mine for $599-$50(no stock discount). For $650incl tax is great for a 55" LED! BTW I got mine from the Aurora Location, ask for Omid if you are getting with discount!
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2005
1353 posts
114 upvotes
hdave wrote:
Dec 20th, 2012 1:19 pm
EDIT: Does not apply :( If there is no stock at your local store, you can get an additional $50 off and free delivery.

Would you have a Link to this, I inquired instore and no one know what I was talking about, all thought I was crazy asking where I had seen this? Tks

Found It, Tks
Flat Panel In-Stock Guarantee

Best Buy Canada offers an in-stock guarantee on all flat-panel TVs that are 46” and above. If the flat-panel TV (46” and above) you are looking for is not in stock at your Best Buy store, then one of our associates will help you find it, order it for delivery, and offer you:

1. Free local delivery
2. $50 off the advertised price

PLEASE NOTE: This guarantee excludes all Clearance, Gone When Gone, Demo and Doorcrasher Items, and Limited Quantity offers.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2004
7286 posts
661 upvotes
Delivery to my house or I need to pickup from store?
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Nov 1, 2003
754 posts
79 upvotes
Thank you reqle55,

I just went an got an adjustment, they wouldn't give me both free delivery and 50 off tho. But 50 off is good enough for me :)

$706.24
- $56.50

$649.74 YAY! :)
reqle55 wrote:
Dec 21st, 2012 7:27 pm
Thanks OP, ordered mine for $599-$50(no stock discount). For $650incl tax is great for a 55" LED! BTW I got mine from the Aurora Location, ask for Omid if you are getting with discount!
Salesperson
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2005
1353 posts
114 upvotes
This item is pretty big, so it has to be shipped directly from our warehouse and can't be reserved. You can buy it online and we'll schedule a delivery, or an associate can assist you with your purchase in-store.
Not available in nearby stores. Check out this item at:

Is this item in stores? from the above its only online with delivery?
Aug 10, 2003
939 posts
185 upvotes
Winnipeg
SurplusPlus wrote:
Dec 21st, 2012 9:45 am
I don't think so, one additional year max. And it's not like a real warranty, it's quite restrictive and probably requires you going through lots of hoopholes if there's ever a claim. And the manufacturer's warranty is probably weak too. Hate to say it, but if you want protection down the road with fewer headaches, you have to buy it separately, just negotiate hard for a lower price.
The credit card warranty I have used (twice now with - 2 different credit card companies) matches the terms and conditions of the original manufacturer warranty and extends the original warranty for 'up to' an additional year.

Meaning if the original warranty was :
* 3 months - the credit card will add an additional 3 months onto the end of the manufacturer's warranty making the total 6 months
* 2 years - the credit card will add an additional year onto the end of the manufacturer's warranty making the total 3 years
Many have maximum limits - such as no extended credit card warranty is provided if the original item warranty was for 5 years or more.

Come warranty claim time the credit card warranty area does require you to provide the following 4 items:

* The original invoice
* The monthly credit card statement showing the purchase was made on your credit card for the full price of the item
* The front cover of the owner's manual
* The warranty page describing the warranty

In actual practice they take photocopies of those 4 items.

So 'gotcha's' with extended credit card warranties are when you are less than stellar in recordkeeping - and you can't find one of the 4 required items.

Assuming you *DO* have all 4 items - the credit card company then asks you to get an estimate for repair. If the repair estimate is close to or over the original purchase price then they pay you the original purchase price.

I bought a $300 Dell laptop (1 year Dell warranty + 1 year credit card extended warranty) and used this warranty for the laptop battery that had failed to take a charge in year 2 (after the 1 year manufacturer's warranty had expired) - and I got a new obscenely priced ($150) Dell battery.

Then 3 DAYS before the end of the 2 year warranty period - the hinges on the laptop broke - They ended up refunding me the original $300 purchase price as that was cheaper than to repair the hinges.
Deal Addict
May 14, 2005
1555 posts
284 upvotes
Markham
careh wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2012 12:57 pm
The credit card warranty I have used (twice now with - 2 different credit card companies) matches the terms and conditions of the original manufacturer warranty and extends the original warranty for 'up to' an additional year.

Meaning if the original warranty was :
* 3 months - the credit card will add an additional 3 months onto the end of the manufacturer's warranty making the total 6 months
* 2 years - the credit card will add an additional year onto the end of the manufacturer's warranty making the total 3 years
Many have maximum limits - such as no extended credit card warranty is provided if the original item warranty was for 5 years or more.

Come warranty claim time the credit card warranty area does require you to provide the following 4 items:

* The original invoice
* The monthly credit card statement showing the purchase was made on your credit card for the full price of the item

So 'gotcha's' with extended credit card warranties are when you are less than stellar in recordkeeping - and you can't find one of the 4 required items.

Assuming you *DO* have all 4 items - the credit card company then asks you to get an estimate for repair. If the repair estimate is close to or over the original purchase price then they pay you the original purchase price.

I bought a $300 Dell laptop (1 year Dell warranty + 1 year credit card extended warranty) and used this warranty for the laptop battery that had failed to take a charge in year 2 (after the 1 year manufacturer's warranty had expired) - and I got a new obscenely priced ($150) Dell battery.

Then 3 DAYS before the end of the 2 year warranty period - the hinges on the laptop broke - They ended up refunding me the original $300 purchase price as that was cheaper than to repair the hinges.

My question is, how do you get the estimate?? I bought a blackberry full priced 4-5 years ago and it broke after 1 year and 2 days. They wanted me to give a repair estimate. There is no blackberry retail store or authorized dealer/repairer and when i called in, they wouldn't send me a repair estimate. In the end, I couldn't get my refund.

Similarly, Dell doesn't have retail stores either and did they send you an estimate?
I imagine it would be pretty hard to get an authorized Insignia dealer to write you a repair estimate
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2007
2250 posts
427 upvotes
careh wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2012 12:57 pm

* The original invoice

So 'gotcha's' with extended credit card warranties are when you are less than stellar in recordkeeping - and you can't find one of the 4 required items.....
Item #2 is not really necessary IF the original invoice indicated "paid by Visa....####1234", still it's a great headsup!

BTW, I do keep/save owner manual AND stapled the invoice in it.
Aug 10, 2003
939 posts
185 upvotes
Winnipeg
They ask for it - so best to have it. I know with the requirement to supply the warranty page for the laptop it had gone missing but they were ok with me supplying the Dell web page describing the warranty.

For estimates - on the laptop I went to BestBuy and got one from them. The estimate does not have to be from an authorized repair depot - just a repair depot (or I suppose - your brother-in-law who fixes things). For a Blackberry - there are now repair places starting to appear for smartphones. You could also put the question back to the credit card insurance adjustor - asking them where you can go to get the estimate.
Samwfive wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2012 1:58 pm
Item #2 is not really necessary IF the original invoice indicated "paid by Visa....####1234", still it's a great headsup!

BTW, I do keep/save owner manual AND stapled the invoice in it.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2004
7286 posts
661 upvotes
will the bleeding issue happen on every single unit of this?
hoanboy wrote:
Dec 21st, 2012 5:19 pm
Just done with setting up the TV!!!

Pro: great picture after adjustment, very thin, nice brush metal finish, 2 years warranty (as per box and document inside)
Con: Power cord is not removable from the main TV, took forever to scan TV channels, some bleeding around the corners

Great buy at $600! (706 all-inclusive)
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2007
2695 posts
204 upvotes
Toronto
kiasu wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2012 3:56 pm
will the bleeding issue happen on every single unit of this?
+1
and how bad is the bleeding? a lot or just a bit?
any pics of it pls?
[OP]
May 8, 2006
202 posts
87 upvotes
Toronto
Bleeding is very minimal, I only see it when the screen is all black (no signal). It is actually better than my 4 year old 42" LG LCD and my 24" Acer computer monitor.
× < >