Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2005
1357 posts
114 upvotes
Rebel_lord wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2012 11:25 pm
Does anyone know where there is more stock of this TV in any GTA BBs?

It’s not an in-store item, Although you can order it in store or online & have it shipped to the store or the place of your choice good luck. 24 hours left to purchase this screen.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2004
7306 posts
662 upvotes
Wow..current stock level:

Online Quantity:
ON, NB, PE, NU, NL: 0
BC, YT: 0
AB, SK, MB, NT: 0
QC, NS: 1
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Banned
Jun 22, 2012
4737 posts
659 upvotes
Shhanada
kiasu wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2012 10:06 pm
thx guys...I'm dont care about the case, remote, manual, features, menus but the quality of the picture. after reading all your comments, i think i will stick with it but I need help of how to calibrate.. any suggestion or link or article to refer?
Get a self-calibration disc like the Disney Wow one, follow the steps. Many movies including some Disney and THX titles have a rudimentary tuning feature in the setup that helps you do adjustment to the brightness and contrast at least.
Banned
Jun 22, 2012
4737 posts
659 upvotes
Shhanada
payam1981 wrote:
Dec 24th, 2012 12:05 am
Split payment is one thing, having a coupon applied another! You're absolutely correct in the case that someone makes a split payment, the CC company most likely will shut the claim down as the full purchase price of the item must be applied to the CC.

Your post which I responded to mentioned an example of a $5 BB RZ Voucher voiding this extended warranty, which is not correct as it's not legal tender per se. It will reduce the price of the item before applying it to CC.

Also, the CC companies have their behinds covered, hence the clause their maximum liability is the purchase price of the unit.

So if you theoretically had a $999 Coupon for a $1000 item and end up charging $1 to your card and later file a claim with the CC company, the maximum they will cover you for is the purchase price of the product, which is $1.

That's the whole point of repair estimate requirements, to see if it costs more to repair the item than what was paid for originally.
I think you're making up rules that don't exist. The insurance carrier follows the actual fine print of the policy, they don't provide partial coverage based on what fraction of your purchase was done on the cc. They deny first and it's up to you to challenge them.

The estimates are another hoop. The insurance company already knows the actual costs of repairs and replacements long before your set breaks, they have a huge data set of actual claims information on which they set the premiums. They don't really need your estimate that badly, but it is a good way to reduce, defer, and delay claims. Finding a qualified repair center is hard enough, finding one that works for free is near impossible.

Word to the wise, credit card warranty extensions do have lots of traps and exclusions. A proper service plan costs $100-300, so do you really think the credit card company gives that away just because they made $8 processing your transaction? Sorry but no.
Dec 15, 2012
21 posts
21 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
Just got back from Best Buy at Heartland in Mississauga. Home Theatre sales people were useless as usual (typical of any big box store so no surprises here), tried to tell me this was an "online only" TV that they don't carry in store (even though it doesn't say "online only" anywhere on the site), sent me to the web order desk. Web order desk guy was courteous but the system was down so he wasn't able to process any orders. Sent me to the customer service/returns desk where I was able to get a rain check which is good for 30 days. Warehouse quantity was 44 when he checked but he didn't feel comfortable ordering it because the systems were down and he had no way of verifying whether the warehouse quantity was accurate or phantom stock. Gave me his employee number and told me to check back after Boxing Day. Overall experience was surprisingly good except for the terrible home theatre people who were just standing around talking amongst themselves and didn't even bother looking up the SKU in their system, they were only interested in passing the buck and sending me to someone else so they could continue standing around doing nothing.

HT salespeople and web order desk guy also had no idea about the Flat Panel Guarantee, but I had a printout of it from last night which is a good thing because bestbuy.ca is closed until 6pm tonight so there would have been no way for me to pull it up. The extremely helpful CSR knew all about the guarantee, but told me that the $50 off only applies if the item is not available from their warehouse and since the warehouse stock showed 44, it technically didn't apply, but because they were unable to order it due to systems being down he got a manager to sign off on the discount. I'll try again in a week and see what happens. When I go back I'll make sure to head straight to the returns desk and bypass the totally useless HT salespeople.
Nov 10, 2009
291 posts
81 upvotes
Guelph, ON
Any one who picke it up, Would the box fit comfortably in minivan?
May 25, 2007
32 posts
yogiz wrote:
Dec 24th, 2012 10:24 am
Any one who picke it up, Would the box fit comfortably in minivan?
I've previously picked up a 60" LED TV with a Ford Escape SUV, I would assume the minivan has even more space.
Jan 6, 2009
142 posts
35 upvotes
OOS online, no stock anywhere on the east coast, don't know about elsewhere
No stores in NS ever carried them in stock, in fact
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2005
1357 posts
114 upvotes
Has anyone actually taken delivery of one of these 55" screens?
If you've now got one at home what was your order and pick-up dates and did you purchase online or in store?
Tks
Deal Addict
May 13, 2005
3520 posts
1353 upvotes
For anyone who missed out on this deal, keep in mind that the sale for this TV doesn't end till Jan 10th. Hopefully they will have more stock before Jan 10th.
Nov 10, 2009
291 posts
81 upvotes
Guelph, ON
whooshy wrote:
Dec 24th, 2012 9:01 pm
I've previously picked up a 60" LED TV with a Ford Escape SUV, I would assume the minivan has even more space.
Thanks for your reply. In fact, I got it delivered from the store. Surprisingly, Kitchener store had it in stock. Probably a web order return in store.
Nov 10, 2010
251 posts
48 upvotes
Hamilton
Is it OK to lay these flat while taking it home? I could have sworn I read somewhere that's a no-no with lcds.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2007
2695 posts
204 upvotes
Toronto
AwCrimety wrote:
Dec 29th, 2012 8:16 pm
Is it OK to lay these flat while taking it home? I could have sworn I read somewhere that's a no-no with lcds.
It's a no-no with plasmas I believe.
LCDs are fine
× < >