Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Koodo

BB - Koodo Galaxy S2X ($75 - $100GC + $150 Tab) - can it get any cheaper?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 11th, 2013 3:22 pm
Tags:
None
Sep 3, 2009
144 posts
54 upvotes

[Koodo] BB - Koodo Galaxy S2X ($75 - $100GC + $150 Tab) - can it get any cheaper?

Just noticed in the latest Bestbuy flyer Dec 14 - Dec 20 that the Galaxy S2x is going to be $74.99 with $100 gift card and of course $150 tab.

Sorry if this is a repost.
380 replies
Dec 11, 2012
40 posts
22 upvotes
Montreal
Where abouts did you see the flyer? are they already posted somewhere?
Feb 15, 2007
654 posts
153 upvotes
Toronto
We were just discussing this in the other post - and I was guessing the price of S2X will go much lower between now and Boxing day...I guess I was right ;-) Now the question is...do we buy at this price or do we weight for further discount. By the way I am sure RCSS will be matching this BB deal.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2004
4311 posts
443 upvotes
Thornhill / North Yo…
I guess the One S (if you could find one) would be the better deal, but this is still a decent deal nonetheless. I hope the price eventually drops to $0 + $150 tab with a $100 gift card by the time Boxing Day hits.
Feb 15, 2007
654 posts
153 upvotes
Toronto
ceraf wrote: I guess the One S (if you could find one) would be the better deal, but this is still a decent deal nonetheless. I hope the price eventually drops to $0 + $150 tab with a $100 gift card by the time Boxing Day hits.
And I have a feeling it will.
Sep 3, 2009
144 posts
54 upvotes
hobzjr wrote: Where abouts did you see the flyer? are they already posted somewhere?
It was in the latest mailed flyer - should probably be online by Fri
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
9923 posts
1665 upvotes
Whats better the S2x or One S?
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
Sep 3, 2009
144 posts
54 upvotes
I guess you should also be able to add BB rewards
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2007
2085 posts
1030 upvotes
You guys think it will be possible to get this price protected? I will be on my 3rd week this Friday but the website says they have a 30 day price protection, 14 just for returns or exchange.

I'm not sure how it works for cell phones/contracts
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24045 posts
4140 upvotes
Toronto
$125 is pretty hot. Should I upgrade from my Galaxy W to this? I'm on Mobilicity.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2007
3864 posts
1150 upvotes
Toronto
Is it hard to cancel monthly prepaid with Koodo?
Dec 11, 2012
40 posts
22 upvotes
Montreal
OP do you know if the priced dropped on the VM S2 that was 50 plus a 50 dollar gift card?
Deal Guru
Dec 30, 2004
13092 posts
879 upvotes
Toronto
don't forget about the rewardzone referral promo code.. ;)
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2008
1663 posts
806 upvotes
Ottawa
You'll probably find the BB flyer (which they call an ad, because they're American) on their site late Wednesday night, since the sale starts Thursday AM.

[QUOTE]Is it hard to cancel monthly prepaid with Koodo? [/QUOTE]

Are you asking specifically about this deal, or are you already a prepaid member? For this deal, you don't sign up for prepaid you sign up for monthly and then call to cancel right away. You end up paying about 5 days.

There's another thread on the current deal ($100-$100GC+$150Tab) here, you probably don't need to wade through it all but I did try to keep the important stuff in post #1: http://forums.redflagdeals.com/nov23-de ... b-1261830/

=aw
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2003
2543 posts
819 upvotes
I"m worried that by getting the price protection (ie $25 credit) BB might screw us out of the referral rewards. Also, since I cancelled my Koodo account already, will BB give me a hassle ?

I received a bill from Koodo to pay off the tab. If I return the phone for a full refund, what happens to my koodo tab ?
Deal Addict
May 7, 2012
1096 posts
514 upvotes
chocho111 wrote: We were just discussing this in the other post - and I was guessing the price of S2X will go much lower between now and Boxing day...I guess I was right ;-) Now the question is...do we buy at this price or do we weight for further discount. By the way I am sure RCSS will be matching this BB deal.
They're after market share and want to report good numbers in Jan/Feb. This could be fun. PC is being very aggressive. More PC points, GCs (and Koodo referrals).
Deal Guru
Dec 30, 2004
13092 posts
879 upvotes
Toronto
I got my referral reward.. even though I cancelled Koodo account. They should still do a PM if you still have the receipt and phone (don't think they will check with Koodo if your acct is still active)

sylvestor2002 wrote: I"m worried that by getting the price protection (ie $25 credit) BB might screw us out of the referral rewards. Also, since I cancelled my Koodo account already, will BB give me a hassle ?

I received a bill from Koodo to pay off the tab. If I return the phone for a full refund, what happens to my koodo tab ?
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2008
1663 posts
806 upvotes
Ottawa
[QUOTE]website says they have a 30 day price protection, 14 just for returns or exchange.[/QUOTE]
Typically price protection matches return (sometimes it's shorter than return). It would be unusual for something to have price protection when they know you can't return it. Don't know how that relates to cell phones.

That said, it wouldn't hurt to ask I guess.

Though... this is from http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/help/article/hc1001.aspx

[QUOTE]2012 Holiday Update

The Lowest Price Guarantee has been extended!

If you’ve purchased an item on or after November 2nd, you’ll be able to apply for a price adjustment right up until January 6th instead of the regular 30-day limit.[/QUOTE]

=aw
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2007
3864 posts
1150 upvotes
Toronto
aw1883 wrote: You'll probably find the BB flyer (which they call an ad, because they're American) on their site late Wednesday night, since the sale starts Thursday AM.

Are you asking specifically about this deal, or are you already a prepaid member? For this deal, you don't sign up for prepaid you sign up for monthly and then call to cancel right away. You end up paying about 5 days.

There's another thread on the current deal ($100-$100GC+$150Tab) here, you probably don't need to wade through it all but I did try to keep the important stuff in post #1: http://forums.redflagdeals.com/nov23-de ... b-1261830/

=aw
I'm assuming it's similar to Virgin? I cancel the day of, pay the $150 Supertab and then be done with it? They wouldn't charge me the first one, correct?

How many phones am I allowed to have, do they limit like Virgin?