Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Koodo

BB - Koodo Galaxy S2X ($75 - $100GC + $150 Tab) - can it get any cheaper?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 11th, 2013 3:22 pm
Tags:
None
Apr 2, 2009
920 posts
203 upvotes
Markham
I see multiple threads for Koodo right now, but just need some clarification. What's the best deal out there? (To mitigate net costs / maximize profits to get setup).

Will be bringing in my own phone, will be signing up for the $56 plan. Don't mind getting a tab and reselling a phone for profit.
Apr 2, 2009
920 posts
203 upvotes
Markham
belfour wrote: don't forget about the rewardzone referral promo code.. ;)
Care to elaborate?
If need be, by PM.
Can the Koodo referral code be used in conjunction with the BB referral?
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2008
4274 posts
2251 upvotes
BC
techfox wrote: I see multiple threads for Koodo right now, but just need some clarification. What's the best deal out there? (To mitigate net costs / maximize profits to get setup).

Will be bringing in my own phone, will be signing up for the $56 plan. Don't mind getting a tab and reselling a phone for profit.
You have your own phone and you have decided on a plan ....and you want others to tell you how to maximize profits? I guess I don't understand your post but it seems like you should at least take the time to read the threads yourself. As per title, this particular thread is specifically about the Galaxy S2x phone deal.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
22058 posts
10214 upvotes
Toronto
Feegus wrote: Took me 5 mins to cancel when I bought 2 of these phones. Rep was nice and efficient in part because I was nice but clear and firm.

Nothing dodgy about cancelling with Koodoo so there is absolutely nothing to feel bad about. ...we're just overly polite Canadians :D
+1. If Koodo didn't want us to cancel, they would have used different wording in their contracts.
Mar 27, 2008
104 posts
56 upvotes
Bought from Richmond rcss and the guy knew exactly what deal I wanted to PM. very quick and helpful and allowed me to use the GC to pay for the 75$. Called koodo customer service the next day and had no issue canceling. I just told them I signed up for the phone only. No pitch or anything to keep me to stay. Great deal thanks OP. LOVE the new phone.
Apr 2, 2009
920 posts
203 upvotes
Markham
Feegus wrote: You have your own phone and you have decided on a plan ....and you want others to tell you how to maximize profits? I guess I don't understand your post but it seems like you should at least take the time to read the threads yourself. As per title, this particular thread is specifically about the Galaxy S2x phone deal.
I guess I wasn't clear. I (my wife to be more specific) will not use the S2X or any other phone that Koodo will be offering during the promotional signup process on the Tab via the retailer.

What I'm trying to determine is which retailer should I go to maximize the net profit by getting said phone and re-selling it.
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2008
4274 posts
2251 upvotes
BC
techfox wrote: I guess I wasn't clear. I (my wife to be more specific) will not use the S2X or any other phone that Koodo will be offering during the promotional signup process on the Tab via the retailer.

What I'm trying to determine is which retailer should I go to maximize the net profit by getting said phone and re-selling it.
No point in hoarding/re-selling these since you are required to sign up for a plan (even if only until you go home to cancel) you will get a hard hit credit check when they do the sign up.
Apr 2, 2009
920 posts
203 upvotes
Markham
Feegus wrote: No point in hoarding/re-selling these since you are required to sign up for a plan (even if only until you go home to cancel) you will get a hard hit credit check when they do the sign up.
Don't intend to hoard or cancel. Just want 1 phone / account. (The phone will not be used -- will be resold to cover costs/make profit, as she's a Blackberry user)

I'm going to switch the wife to Koodo for their $56 plan and REMAIN with Koodo without cancelling.

I'm trying to determine which is the best (least expensive/most profitable) way to achieve this.
Sep 19, 2009
430 posts
289 upvotes
Anyone know if the billing cycle for this month is past or in a few days?
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
22058 posts
10214 upvotes
Toronto
Arkv wrote: Anyone know if the billing cycle for this month is past or in a few days?
My bill date was Dec 17.
Dec 2, 2006
290 posts
48 upvotes
Toronto
techfox wrote: Don't intend to hoard or cancel. Just want 1 phone / account. (The phone will not be used -- will be resold to cover costs/make profit, as she's a Blackberry user)

I'm going to switch the wife to Koodo for their $56 plan and REMAIN with Koodo without cancelling.

I'm trying to determine which is the best (least expensive/most profitable) way to achieve this.
Buy the S2x on boxing day to max profit/min cost. It would be selling for $50 + $150 Tab -$100 GC - $55 BB Rewards GC for a net cost of 71 (including tax)
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2007
7566 posts
5264 upvotes
Toronto
techfox wrote: Don't intend to hoard or cancel. Just want 1 phone / account. (The phone will not be used -- will be resold to cover costs/make profit, as she's a Blackberry user)

If you like BB GC, go with BB, if you like RCSS GC for food, go with them. Either way, phone will be sold by you via kiji/CL for same price so it all depends on what GC you consider a "profit".
Oct 13, 2009
739 posts
338 upvotes
Edmonton
Arkv wrote: Anyone know if the billing cycle for this month is past or in a few days?
bought phone on friday (21), my bill cycle ends today

and +1 for no problems cancelling, didn't get much of a spiel either. lol, i also added that i wanted to keep phone, so when i did want to use it, it'd be easy to come back to koodos
Dec 7, 2009
282 posts
143 upvotes
Ajax
RFD effect...looking at everyone bragging about phone and plan deals, all look good, and forgot to look in my own backyard, between my wife and I and our professional organizations there were much better deals (at least 3 of them!), lol. Ending up returning the phone and going corporate instead.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
22058 posts
10214 upvotes
Toronto
fathom wrote: RFD effect...looking at everyone bragging about phone and plan deals, all look good, and forgot to look in my own backyard, between my wife and I and our professional organizations there were much better deals (at least 3 of them!), lol. Ending up returning the phone and going corporate instead.
This is still a good deal without the need to lock into a long-term contract. Unfortunately, not everyone has access to corporate plans.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
18642 posts
5669 upvotes
LOL..great news..I happen to PP for second time against Walmart $0.01 and got back ($75 x 1.13) x 2 for 2 phones...I ady got my $25 x 1.13 back previously...

Just showed them the pic from someone posted the other day...it's YMMV but great Xmas eve gift to me...LOL....

Should thx the OP who post the pic....

So my phone comes out to around $50+tax around $70 or less for final cost..

Happy Xmas everyone!!!
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Feb 15, 2007
654 posts
153 upvotes
Toronto
Just to let you guys know.. Koodo referral system works this way:

You need to provide your first and last name and email address to someone who is already a Koodo customer ****. He then uses your info and enters it into the Kood database. An automatic email is sent to you right away with the code you need. You enter the code online after you sign up with Koodo. Important: You need to get the code BEFORE you sign up for Koodo service. Code is valid for 30 days.

Jul 14, 2009
518 posts
417 upvotes
Toronto
Feegus wrote: No point in hoarding/re-selling these since you are required to sign up for a plan (even if only until you go home to cancel) you will get a hard hit credit check when they do the sign up.
Any way to avoid the hard hit?
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
1950 posts
169 upvotes
chocho111 wrote: Just to let you guys know.. Koodo referral system works this way:

You need to provide your first and last name and email address to someone who is already a Koodo customer ****. He then uses your info and enters it into the Kood database. An automatic email is sent to you right away with the code you need. You enter the code online after you sign up with Koodo. Important: You need to get the code BEFORE you sign up for Koodo service. Code is valid for 30 days.

I plan on getting on at futureshop on boxing day, can i still use the referral code if i buy from them?

As well, what is the benefit of using the code?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)