Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Koodo

BB - Koodo Galaxy S2X ($75 - $100GC + $150 Tab) - can it get any cheaper?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 11th, 2013 3:22 pm
Tags:
None
Feb 15, 2007
654 posts
153 upvotes
Toronto
tonyford wrote: I plan on getting on at futureshop on boxing day, can i still use the referral code if i buy from them?

As well, what is the benefit of using the code?
As long as you sign up with Koodo it doesn't matter where you buy it from. As long as you sign up within 30 days from the date of the referrence code.
You and the person referring you both get $25 tab credit. Feel free to PM if you need a code.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
1950 posts
169 upvotes
sounds good! But if i pay off my tab the next day, do i still get the extra 25 credit off the 150?
Aug 26, 2009
352 posts
7 upvotes
Brampton
whats the difference with the s2x and the samsung galaxy s3?
Aug 26, 2009
352 posts
7 upvotes
Brampton
could someone tell me how to get the phone contract free... like do i just buy it and than call koodo to cancel? not much of a techy kinda guy jus need the phone only...
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
22058 posts
10214 upvotes
Toronto
Ask the salesperson to sell you the phone upfront without the Koodo Tab. If that can't be done, sign up on the tab and go home and cancel over the phone.
Feb 15, 2007
654 posts
153 upvotes
Toronto
tonyford wrote: sounds good! But if i pay off my tab the next day, do i still get the extra 25 credit off the 150?
It takes 6-8 weeks for the credit to show up on your tub account so if you pay off your tub right away it'll still show up as +$25 in 6-8 weeks. Assuming you are still Koodo customer by then.
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2004
3196 posts
30 upvotes
10 days after getting the phone @BB using BB rewards referral code I can see the correct number of points posted in my rewards account under pending transactions. But the person who referred me cannot see the pending points yet. Is this normal? How long does it take for the referrer to receive the points?
HEATWARE 47+ : BST 27+ : EBAY 212+ (links on request)
Oct 30, 2009
119 posts
16 upvotes
Im a noob so forgive me. So after factoring in the GC the you end up paying $200 for the phone?

Are there lots in stock, or would one have to go early boxing day morning to snag one?

Could this function well as and MP3/media player/ gaming device like an ipod touch?
Nov 20, 2009
635 posts
152 upvotes
For all those asking about a Koodo referral, it's only worth it if you do intend to stay on the koodo plan for a minimum of a month or two.
(Takes 3-6 weeks to process & requires an active Koodo acct when they get around to doing so)

Now... the Bestbuy referral is different, and can be used either way (faster processing, and not linked to an active koodo account)
boywonder416 wrote: Im a noob so forgive me. So after factoring in the GC the you end up paying $200 for the phone?
Are there lots in stock, or would one have to go early boxing day morning to snag one?

Could this function well as and MP3/media player/ gaming device like an ipod touch?
IMO It's not all that heavy demand item, I wouldn't expect it to be hard to find. It's also been at this price before, so no ZOMG DOORCRASHER rush.
Superstore/Loblaws also has identical sale on the S II X, and then there's also the Galaxy S II from Virgin, which is also $50 up-front, $150 tab & $100+ GC (see other thread)

If we count the GCs at face value, under $150 total cost once you've paid off supertab. (Or $120~ if using BB rewardzone referral)

Yes, once the plan is cancelled it's essentially an ipod touch. Will be using mine somewhat similar, mostly as a wi-fi device & mp3 player.
Penalty Box
Jul 11, 2008
4368 posts
1508 upvotes
Away from RFD idiots
futureshop has it for $49 - $100gc + 150$ tab; i'm not sure if futureshop is cheapest right now.

anyone find cheaper?
Jan 29, 2003
303 posts
94 upvotes
looking for a phone for the wifey. from what i know, this galaxy s2x can be unlocked and work on any carriers afterwards?
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
18642 posts
5669 upvotes
yes...you are right..it's pentaband..
kooblu wrote: looking for a phone for the wifey. from what i know, this galaxy s2x can be unlocked and work on any carriers afterwards?
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2009
2764 posts
387 upvotes
Calgary
mathiewannabe wrote: futureshop has it for $49 - $100gc + 150$ tab; i'm not sure if futureshop is cheapest right now.

anyone find cheaper?
Isn't boxing day price cheaper? $50 tab with $100 gift card.
Jan 29, 2003
303 posts
94 upvotes
kiasu wrote: yes...you are right..it's pentaband..
thanks for the reply. so is virgin at rcss having similar deal? if so, when does virgin one end? when does koodo at BB one end?
Penalty Box
Jul 11, 2008
4368 posts
1508 upvotes
Away from RFD idiots
Soulsaber wrote: Isn't boxing day price cheaper? $50 tab with $100 gift card.

where is it $50 tab? I see it as $150 tab for the s2x at FS.
Mar 7, 2009
570 posts
7 upvotes
mathiewannabe wrote: where is it $50 tab? I see it as $150 tab for the s2x at FS.
I double checked... its definitely a $150 tab
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
22058 posts
10214 upvotes
Toronto
kooblu wrote: thanks for the reply. so is virgin at rcss having similar deal? if so, when does virgin one end? when does koodo at BB one end?
The Virgin phone is the s2 i9100, not the t989 from Koodo.
Jan 16, 2009
363 posts
55 upvotes
Vancouver
Planning to get a smartphone from RCSS (and get RCSS giftcard). Heard quality of audio on calls is not the greatest on Samsung phones, so will buy some other brand phone.

Will switch (and stay) with Koodo, if Fido won't sweeten my current plan. I want to use one email address to receive the Koodo referral discount code (which never heard about until this moment), and another email address when I actually set up the account with Koodo. I wonder if that is ok. If yes, I should hook up with a current Koodo customer here.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)