Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] BB - Koodo Galaxy S2X ($75 - $100GC + $150 Tab) - can it get any cheaper?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 11th, 2013 3:22 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2005
2969 posts
117 upvotes
Mtl
RFDeal_or_NoDeal wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2012 1:20 pm
The boxing day ads are so confusing; I thought the Tab reduces from $150 to $50.
Bestbuy flyer shows 49.99$ + 100$ gc on tab (which is usually 150) so in reality this deal is only 25$ cheaper than last week's prixe
Price errors are the only real sales :)
I refused to be gouged by canadian retailers when purchases can be made in the U.S for a LOT less..
Oct 11, 2007
462 posts
8 upvotes
sparrow_69 wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2012 1:59 pm
Bestbuy flyer shows 49.99$ + 100$ gc on tab (which is usually 150) so in reality this deal is only 25$ cheaper than last week's prixe
I bought week, can I ask for price match? Because this is boxing day deal, so ...
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2004
1416 posts
1354 upvotes
I was planning to cancel my Koodo account and sign up for the WIND $29 BTS plan, but Koodo gave me a really nice 416 number that I would like to keep.

Is it possible to sign up with WIND and have them port over the number from Koodo? And do I still need to call Koodo to cancel, or will the porting to WIND automatically cancel the Koodo account?

Do all new activations get the same billing cycle date? I saw a few people mention Dec. 25th as the end of their billing cycle for the cancellation. I'm not sure if I can get the porting to WIND completed before the 25th, so will I get charged for another full month by Koodo?
Jun 11, 2009
767 posts
81 upvotes
Mississauga
lynk wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2012 2:55 pm
I was planning to cancel my Koodo account and sign up for the WIND $29 BTS plan, but Koodo gave me a really nice 416 number that I would like to keep.

Is it possible to sign up with WIND and have them port over the number from Koodo? And do I still need to call Koodo to cancel, or will the porting to WIND automatically cancel the Koodo account?

Do all new activations get the same billing cycle date? I saw a few people mention Dec. 25th as the end of their billing cycle for the cancellation. I'm not sure if I can get the porting to WIND completed before the 25th, so will I get charged for another full month by Koodo?
Go to Wind with your Account # and phone number, they will port it for you in 3 hrs or so. It will cancel koodo line automatically. Yep they will charge you till the end of your billing date. They don't do pro rated. I cancelled the same day but i was charge till my billing date.
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2007
2375 posts
384 upvotes
mukhtar1982 wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2012 2:59 pm
Go to Wind with your Account # and phone number, they will port it for you in 3 hrs or so. It will cancel koodo line automatically. Yep they will charge you till the end of your billing date. They don't do pro rated. I cancelled the same day but i was charge till my billing date.
This link should be posted in any threads where even the slightest mention of switching carriers is made:

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/do-not-p ... r-1000126/

and

http://www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/INFO_SHT/t1025.htm

The upshot is: carriers will tell you that you HAVE to pay an additional 30 days of service AFTER porting your number (thereby paying both your old and new carriers for the same 30 days) OR you have to file a complaint with the CRTC, who doesn't really regulate that but most companies will refund you the money just to avoid further trouble.
Human Right's Campaign "Coming Out Center" - Visibility = Understanding. If you're queer, be seen and heard. Come Out!
The Story of Bottled Water - Bottled water is terrible and wasteful!
SDM Optimum points primer
Aug 6, 2012
136 posts
18 upvotes
TORONTO
qweasdzxc63 wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2012 1:36 pm
Does anyone know how NFC works on this phone? I could n't find where "tag"' is?
The battery says "Near Field Communication" on it, which is NFC. Beware of that when/if you get a replacement battery.
Aug 6, 2012
136 posts
18 upvotes
TORONTO
JasonSolaris wrote:
Dec 21st, 2012 10:06 pm
Hi. Did anyone notice there's no visual indicators? I see what I think are two LEDs between the front facing camera and ear speaker, but it doesn't light up when I get an email or text. I checked the Settings -> Display and Pulse notification light is on.
Thanks
With cyanogenmod, it has the option to flash the hard keys backlight (Menu, Home, Back, Search) periodically. I use that and it works when I get an email or text. Miss having a dedicated (multicolour) LED that would let me know if it's just an email (mildly interested), or a text (should check sooner).
Feb 15, 2007
511 posts
45 upvotes
Toronto
mizermalice wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2012 1:02 pm
Thanked.

FYI for those who have already purchased: you cannot use the price guarantee on boxing day prices. Personally, I'm avoiding the hassle of a return.
Will try it anyways...my Mobile shop guy told me (6 days ago, when I bought my s2x) that I am price protected in case price goes down on Boxing day...if he doesn't refund me the $25 difference...well he'll end up with my 1 week old phone returned for full credit and I'll buy it again from Best Buy on Boxing day...either way I win ;-)
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2005
1752 posts
186 upvotes
North Vancouver
$49-$100GC+$150 Tab, so net is $100+ for Galaxy s2x, how this can be a hot deal? :confused: consider you also need to do credit check for tab? and will lower your credit score, Nexus 4 only $300
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2003
11105 posts
678 upvotes
Toronto
ecgz88 wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2012 11:31 pm
$49-$100GC+$150 Tab, so net is $100+ for Galaxy s2x, how this can be a hot deal? :confused: consider you also need to do credit check for tab? and will lower your credit score, Nexus 4 only $300
The Nexus 4 is only $300? I thought it was $299 + shipping which makes the n4 about $200 more than the s2x.

From what I have seen, the credit check doesn't mean much for people with good credit scores.
Mar 30, 2008
411 posts
49 upvotes
Vancouver
ecgz88 wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2012 11:31 pm
Bought at best buy for $50+$150 tab-$100 g/c - $55 rewards $200-$155 = $45+$24 taxes =$69 good deal.
Mar 30, 2008
411 posts
49 upvotes
Vancouver
sparrow_69 wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2012 1:59 pm
This is boxing week prices right?
Unfortunately, price protection doesn't apply:
"Remember, the Lowest Price Guarantee does not apply to Boxing Day sale prices*(Dec 26 & 27)or Boxing Week Limited Quantity Flyer Prices."
Oh Well, Still got 2 for $100 each...
Mar 30, 2008
411 posts
49 upvotes
Vancouver
mzd369 wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2012 2:34 pm
I bought week, can I ask for price match? Because this is boxing day deal, so ...
Boxing week policy for bb Dec 26-27 no go and limited stock boxing week prices no go either. Upside is, you have until January 6th to find a better deal outside of those restrictions.
Dec 24, 2011
181 posts
59 upvotes
New Westminster
Any chance of getting Price Protection from Superstores "Mobile Shop" for the boxing day price at bestbuy?
Deal Addict
May 25, 2009
2790 posts
197 upvotes
I know for getting the Galaxy W at Virgin Mobile, instead of cancelling, people switched to prepaid (on the SAME SIM card) and let it "cancel" or expire naturally.

With Koodo, you can't just switch to prepaid can you? I called Koodo to switch to prepaid and they said that to go to prepaid, I have to get a new PREPAID SIM (buy it) and transfer the account over, can't use the same SIM for prepaid. Is this true?

Well I'm not actually wanting to go to prepaid, I just want to pay off the tab, so do I just call and cancel the account? What was the benefit of switching to prepaid first on Virgin Mobile vs. just calling in and cancelling?
× < >