Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Koodo

BB - Koodo Galaxy S2X ($75 - $100GC + $150 Tab) - can it get any cheaper?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 11th, 2013 3:22 pm
Tags:
None
Aug 27, 2011
48 posts
3 upvotes
ST THOMAS
audit13 wrote: If you are a complete noob to rooting and flashing, you might want to do some more reading on XDA. There's always the possibility of bricking the phone. If that happens and you don't know how to fix it, it could wind up costing more than the cost of the unlock code to dix it.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr ... ?t=1193695
I am a complete noob. Thanks for the link.
Penalty Box
Jul 11, 2008
4368 posts
1508 upvotes
Away from RFD idiots
FS has galaxy Ace 2 x from Virgin for $0 - $150GC + $150TAB, which makes it almost free.

Is S2x popular here only because it's usable on Wind/mobilicity?

Ace 2 x has longer battery life as well, I'm not sure if i should just get the ace 2 x ; I have a speakout plan.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2003
2543 posts
819 upvotes
mathiewannabe wrote: FS has galaxy Ace 2 x from Virgin for $0 - $150GC + $150TAB, which makes it almost free.

Ace 2 x has longer battery life as well, I'm not sure if i should just get the ace 2 x ; I have a speakout plan.
What's the netcost after taxes, gift card and payments to Virgin ? (Any fee for cancelling service ?)
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
22058 posts
10214 upvotes
Toronto
mathiewannabe wrote: FS has galaxy Ace 2 x from Virgin for $0 - $150GC + $150TAB, which makes it almost free.

In BB's online flyer, I only see a $100 gift card. DO you have a link for the $150 GC?

The Ace has a slower cpu, smaller screen, and it's not a pentaband. These things cut down on it's value and resale price.
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
audit13 wrote: In BB's online flyer, I only see a $100 gift card. DO you have a link for the $150 GC?

The Ace has a slower cpu, smaller screen, and it's not a pentaband. These things cut down on it's value and resale price.
http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/ ... f2ebfben02

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/sam ... 7b97c6en02
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
22058 posts
10214 upvotes
Toronto
Thank you for the links. The phone is practically a free.

Compared to the s2x @ Real Canadian Superstore ($50 - $100 GC + $150 tax + applicable taxes), the difference is $100. Personally, if a person can afford to spend the $100 + taxes, I would go for the s2x as the s2x had a dual core cpu, 4.5" screen, pentaband, easily unlocked for free, many custom roms. The s2x has pretty good resale value too.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2004
2337 posts
9 upvotes
Thanks OP.

Picked up one at Best Buy today for my dad. Forgot to use a random address in Alberta to save HST on the final tab bill. Sigh, 12$ down the drain....

Will change my method of payment tomorrow in order to use the 100$ BB GC to pay for the phone.

Got the 55$ RZ credits too.

Called in to cancel hours later. Was a pleasant experience. Good deal.
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2005
3011 posts
135 upvotes
Mtl
oc613 wrote: Thanks OP.

Picked up one at Best Buy today for my dad. Forgot to use a random address in Alberta to save HST on the final tab bill. Sigh, 12$ down the drain....

Will change my method of payment tomorrow in order to use the 100$ BB GC to pay for the phone.

Called in to cancel hours later. Was a pleasant experience. Rep is a member here on RFD and knew exactly what I was up to.

Thanks again Shauntay :)
Had a good laugh about the whole RFD thing, did we? ;)
Price errors are the only real sales :)
I refused to be gouged by canadian retailers when purchases can be made in the U.S for a LOT less..
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
1950 posts
169 upvotes
wait, what's this about a random address in alberta??? if there is a way to save some tax, i'm in....
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
22058 posts
10214 upvotes
Toronto
oc613 wrote: Thanks OP.

Called in to cancel hours later. Was a pleasant experience. Rep is a member here on RFD and knew exactly what I was up to.

Thanks again Shauntay :)
When I signed up, the salesperson said I could choose any number but he used my driver's license to set up the billing information because Koodo needs to do a credit check.
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2005
3011 posts
135 upvotes
Mtl
tonyford wrote: wait, what's this about a random address in alberta??? if there is a way to save some tax, i'm in....
This doesn't work because your alberta address won't match address on credit check. You can still get an alberta number if you want, but when cancelling, tax will be calculated based on your province of residence (confirmed with credit check) and not some random alberta address.
Price errors are the only real sales :)
I refused to be gouged by canadian retailers when purchases can be made in the U.S for a LOT less..
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2008
1663 posts
806 upvotes
Ottawa
Tax on the service and on the Tab should be based on the area code and not on your address. Tax on the handset out the door is based on place of delivery (again not your address).

=aw
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
1950 posts
169 upvotes
so, when i get the phone, pay it off tomorrow, just throw my sim card in and i should be good to go? Can i throw my telus sim card in before paying off my tab? Do they have to activate it instore or can i take it home to do it? Sorry for the questions, leaving in a few hours to go get it.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
22058 posts
10214 upvotes
Toronto
tonyford wrote: so, when i get the phone, pay it off tomorrow, just throw my sim card in and i should be good to go? Can i throw my telus sim card in before paying off my tab? Do they have to activate it instore or can i take it home to do it? Sorry for the questions, leaving in a few hours to go get it.
Call in to cancel. Some CSRs give you grief about cancelling, others have no problem. Just move to prepaid, don't add any time, let the account die.

Since it is a Koodo phone, the Telus sim should work without unlocking.

The salesperson will activate the sim in the store before you leave.
Jan 16, 2009
363 posts
55 upvotes
Vancouver
mathiewannabe wrote: FS has galaxy Ace 2 x from Virgin for $0 - $150GC + $150TAB, which makes it almost free...
audit13 wrote: Thank you for the links. The phone is practically a free...
RCSS has previously told me the tab for Virgin phones is $200. Also, on Virgin website, it shows tab for this phone is $200.

Don't see the TAB amount mentioned on the links referred to above. And wonder if it's true it just $150 from FS and BB?

(p.s. I bolded "$150TAB" above. Though I think it would be easier to see if I had "highlighted" it in yellow, instead. But can't see a way to do that on this message board)
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
1950 posts
169 upvotes
Thanks for the info. I got a koodo referral from another user, i know i won't get the extra 25 as my account will be closed, but will they? Just want to make sure, figure it might as well benefit someone else too...
audit13 wrote: Call in to cancel. Some CSRs give you grief about cancelling, others have no problem. Just move to prepaid, don't add any time, let the account die.

Since it is a Koodo phone, the Telus sim should work without unlocking.

The salesperson will activate the sim in the store before you leave.
Jan 16, 2009
363 posts
55 upvotes
Vancouver
audit13 wrote: The i9100 has a physical home button, the s2x does not. The screen on the i9100 is slightly smaller (4.3 vs 4.52) and different internals.

Comparison between the two: http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?id ... hone2=3621...
Is the s2x exactly the same phone (just under a different name) as the "Samsung Galaxy S II T989" in the above link?
Jul 14, 2009
518 posts
417 upvotes
Toronto
BB/FS raised the price from $50 to $100 again. The price has been bouncing up and down all over the place during the last few weeks: $150/$100/$75/$50. I wonder if we will ever see the "perfect" price of $0.00!

:lol:
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
22058 posts
10214 upvotes
Toronto
lane99 wrote: Is the s2x exactly the same phone (just under a different name) as the "Samsung Galaxy S II T989" in the above link?
Yes. You may see it described as the SGH-T989D, T989D and T-mobile Hercules.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2008
1663 posts
806 upvotes
Ottawa
I deleted my comment above.

=aw