Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Koodo

BB - Koodo Galaxy S2X ($75 - $100GC + $150 Tab) - can it get any cheaper?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 11th, 2013 3:22 pm
Tags:
None
Oct 6, 2011
435 posts
105 upvotes
lynk wrote: Picked one up at BB on Friday. When I got home, I found that it had a dent in the chrome side bezel. Will BB give me any hassle if I take it back for an exchange?
No, they shouldn't. I have had pretty easy returns with them. But high YMMV I guess
Sep 21, 2001
980 posts
124 upvotes
Toronto
audit13 wrote: Just grabbed the s2x for $74.99 + $100 GC from RCSS. How long should I wait to cancel?

I went to the CSR counter and she said she couldn't give me a refund on my CC and use the GCs to pay for the phone. Doesn't really matter to me since I have to eat sometime in the near future.

I intend to unlock the phone and give it to my sister to use.
If I were you, I would cancel after unlocking the phone and making sure it has no problem.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
22058 posts
10214 upvotes
Toronto
bdaman wrote: If I were you, I would cancel after unlocking the phone and making sure it has no problem.
Thanks for the advice. The phone is still charging up but I'll thoroughly test it.
Apr 22, 2005
444 posts
252 upvotes
Maple
echlon wrote: Referral codes only work if you buy it online or activate at a Koodo store/booth.
Not true. I bought an s2x from RCSS (the mobile shop) and got referral bonus in 8 weeks.
Oct 2, 2011
611 posts
600 upvotes
London
Thanked.

I actually picked mine up at Zehrs (Mobile Shop) 'cause my wife yells less if I have $100 to spend on food than $100 to spend on more crap I don't need at Bestbuy.

Allegedly S2 devices are getting Jellybean "soon" so I'm trying to decide whether or not to update to a custom rom first...
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2007
7566 posts
5264 upvotes
Toronto
cfrank73 wrote: Thanked.

I actually picked mine up at Zehrs (Mobile Shop) 'cause my wife yells less if I have $100 to spend on food than $100 to spend on more crap I don't need at Bestbuy.

Allegedly S2 devices are getting Jellybean "soon" so I'm trying to decide whether or not to update to a custom rom first...
Its confirmed that s2-i9100 will get jelly bean soon. Unfortunately, only word on s2x is from telus sometimes this month.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2004
4713 posts
253 upvotes
Coquitlam
ok with the ever changing prices, whats the current deal?

I'm looking for a backup phone, preferably from BestBuy as i have a giftcard, thanks

BB online says $75 + $100 GC with activation.

so i buy for $75+$150 tab, and they mail me the GC, then i cancel? So total = $125+tax?

or is Superstore (Mobileshop) better? does SS give the GC on the spot so i can use it, then cancel the plan when i get home?
HOW CAN I BE GOING BROKE WHEN I'M SAVING SO MUCH MONEY!?
MY EBAY FEEDBACK
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
18642 posts
5669 upvotes
how many times can we get PP at BB? What if next week the price drop to $50, can I get the second PP?
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Aug 7, 2010
689 posts
147 upvotes
madman604 wrote: ok with the ever changing prices, whats the current deal?

I'm looking for a backup phone, preferably from BestBuy as i have a giftcard, thanks

so i buy for $75+$150 tab, and they mail me the GC, then i cancel? So total = $125+tax?

or is Superstore (Mobileshop) better?
Giftcard you get it rightaway
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
22058 posts
10214 upvotes
Toronto
madman604 wrote: ok with the ever changing prices, whats the current deal?

or is Superstore (Mobileshop) better?
You get the gift cards right away.

I prefer the RCSS deal since you get $100 in PC GCs which can be used for groceries.
Aug 7, 2010
689 posts
147 upvotes
kiasu wrote: how many times can we get PP at BB? What if next week the price drop to $50, can I get the second PP?

As long as you are within 30days from purchase date they have to do it.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
22058 posts
10214 upvotes
Toronto
kiasu wrote: how many times can we get PP at BB? What if next week the price drop to $50, can I get the second PP?
From my personal experience, the PP date is based on the original purchase date, not the date you received PP.
May 28, 2012
939 posts
183 upvotes
Does anyone know if RCSS do price protection? I bought my phone on Nov 12 for $100+100 GC, anyone think I can get $25 back?
Feb 1, 2006
102 posts
5 upvotes
AlmostAscended wrote: Does anyone know if RCSS do price protection? I bought my phone on Nov 12 for $100+100 GC, anyone think I can get $25 back?
Yes, but you've passed the 30 days price protection range, so you won't be able to do a price protection.
May 28, 2012
939 posts
183 upvotes
bren123 wrote: Yes, but you've passed the 30 days price protection range, so you won't be able to do a price protection.
I can beg with the rep that I have finals, thus I couldn't go in to do the PM D:
Aug 6, 2012
348 posts
191 upvotes
TORONTO
freebie wrote: I know this was discussed in one of the previous Koodo S2X threads but can anyone confirm if BB is allowing the use of the $100 GC towards the purchase price of the phone? And location too if successful? ;)
Wouldn't let me use the giftcard until the transaction was finished. I bought two, though, so used the gift card from the first against the second (so ended up with $15.26 remaining on first GC and a $100 GC). BB RZ points said that they won't come in for 36 days. Anyone know if the phones need to be left active for that long, or will I get the points even if I cancel next day?
Dec 2, 2012
5 posts
So I got my phone on the 7th for $100+tax with the $150 tab and I called them to see if they would price match and I was told they can't do that. Anyone else try with any success? technically I could still return my phone since its under 14 days but I'm not sure if it would work out since the sale ends on the 20th... Sigh, any advice?
Feb 1, 2006
102 posts
5 upvotes
ForrestGump1 wrote: So I got my phone on the 7th for $100+tax with the $150 tab and I called them to see if they would price match and I was told they can't do that. Anyone else try with any success? technically I could still return my phone since its under 14 days but I'm not sure if it would work out since the sale ends on the 20th... Sigh, any advice?
You should be able to do a price protection. Why not go to the store or try another store? It's not worth the hassle of returning your phone and re-buying it plus another credit hit just for $25.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)