Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2006
1770 posts
169 upvotes

[Best Buy] BB - LG 231 Prepaid Cellphone (Bell) - $14.97 + free $15 air credit

DEFINITELY nothing fancy, but for a very basic phone, this ain't too bad....plus getting $15 in free airtime means this phone is essentially "free"
Makes a good secondary/cheap-o/backup phone

Limited quantities...online only:

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/lg- ... 67d859en02
12 replies
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
10137 posts
1205 upvotes
CDMA phone, so will be useless for most people. These CDMA phones are on borrowed time and everyone will soon be moved to SIM cards. I have no idea why anyone would still want to use a CDMA phone anyways, it's like going back to 2008.

I guess if you're really cheap, you can buy this, activate it and hope Bell will give you a free better GSM phone and SIM as an upgrade later on.
Jun 4, 2006
635 posts
19 upvotes
For $15 with a free $15 credit, it's still a pretty good deal no matter what technology it runs on.
Sep 25, 2012
997 posts
228 upvotes
Toronto
Just to let y'all know, bell has roadside assistance for $5 add on. Last and only time i used it they sent CAA and it was free for 10 kilometrons
So if you know you need a tow... Hehehe

This is why I keep a.bell prepaid sim ready.. Just activate and use for towing then trash it.
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2011
3304 posts
724 upvotes
If I don't use that 15$ is there any monthly fees?
I don't suppose I can keep those credits forever if I don't use them... can I?
Mar 21, 2011
85 posts
23 upvotes
Edmonton
Kurtz7834 wrote:
Feb 8th, 2013 2:24 pm
CDMA phone, so will be useless for most people. These CDMA phones are on borrowed time and everyone will soon be moved to SIM cards. I have no idea why anyone would still want to use a CDMA phone anyways, it's like going back to 2008.

I guess if you're really cheap, you can buy this, activate it and hope Bell will give you a free better GSM phone and SIM as an upgrade later on.
CDMA is actually the only network that we can get here in Nunavut, so finding deals like this is amazing for us. It's really hard to find CDMA phones in the GTA - we looked for a long time before we moved here.
Thanks OP!
Oct 4, 2012
129 posts
49 upvotes
Amherstview
Might be a good idea if Telus decides to have the $50 credit for trading in a CDMA phone again, as long as you don't mind having a phone lying around.
Deal Guru
Oct 9, 2007
10000 posts
1374 upvotes
Kanata
Kurtz7834 wrote:
Feb 8th, 2013 2:24 pm
How so? Is it not a functioning phone that is basically free to use with the free airtime that offsets the cost? If there is a technological reason why this won't work for most people, please elaborate. I am probably like a lot of people who could care less about the technology used (and its expected lifespan), or the non-phone features of the latest gadgets. All I need is something that dials out, receives calls and basically just works...as a phone.
Sep 25, 2012
997 posts
228 upvotes
Toronto
JosephGalt wrote:
Feb 8th, 2013 4:10 pm
Might be a good idea if Telus decides to have the $50 credit for trading in a CDMA phone again, as long as you don't mind having a phone lying around.
-_- until 1st.. get it, use it up, the trade it in...
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2003
1557 posts
91 upvotes
CDMA is still going to be around for at least a couple more years.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
2411 posts
597 upvotes
Halifax
Bell CDMA will last longer than this phone. I was close to getting it, but I have enough phones already, might as well have someone else get it. And they did now that they are OOS.
× < >