Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

Logitech Marathon Wireless Laser Mouse (M705) $32.50 after PM at FS

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 22nd, 2014 11:47 am
Tags:
18 replies
Deal Guru
Dec 10, 2004
13184 posts
7570 upvotes
Kanata
I would check costco instore, I bought one of these a few months back for the wife and it was cheaper than $30. I think it was around $20-25.
Feb 2, 2014
529 posts
608 upvotes
Toronto
This is a really great mouse. Highly recommended.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
5348 posts
4356 upvotes
I bought this 3 years ago from the Costco deal and I think I've only changed battery once. The batteries last a long time on this. Very good mouse.
Feb 15, 2012
147 posts
21 upvotes
Is the smaller size of this mouse and the positioning of the laser sensor on the bottom a problem for any of you?

Don't get emotional about RFD.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
8974 posts
2827 upvotes
TheFrugaler wrote: Is the smaller size of this mouse and the positioning of the laser sensor on the bottom a problem for any of you?
Apparently for gaming, and Photoshop, its not accurate at all.

General use is fine for me though
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2006
2865 posts
296 upvotes
Toronto
Like most of these general purpose mice there is hardware acceleration. The mouse does deep sleep after a minute or two, requiring a split second to wake up after detecting movement. The sensor is not very accurate during small movements and I have experienced noticeable jitter. These issues don't bother me too much during regular desktop usage but are absolutely terrible for any sort of gaming. This mouse isn't called marathon for nothing. On average, the mouse lasts 3 months with heavy usage and I suspect would last a year with light-medium usage.

I have tossed the mouse to my in home server which I seldomly use because of these issues. I would not recommend this mouse to anyone that uses a PC for any more than web browsing.
Banned
Aug 9, 2014
1239 posts
400 upvotes
goofball wrote: Guess you missed the part where i said i bought it a few months back. Not 3 years ago.
and you decided not to share it back then?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
9091 posts
4542 upvotes
12 days north of Hop…
tjindersingh wrote: This is a really great mouse. Highly recommended.
Except one thing: the side button keeps "melting" and becomes un-pressable. I got this as a warranty replacement for my VX Revolution, and this is my second RMA, and right off the bat it started melting again.

Overall great mouse minus that issue.

See here: http://imgur.com/4jnI9O0
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
9843 posts
7780 upvotes
Toronto
EPcjay wrote: Apparently for gaming, and Photoshop, its not accurate at all.

General use is fine for me though
I game with this mouse all the time, from my couch too. No trouble with accuracy and the extra buttons are very handy for gaming. Battery life is amazing too. I've had it for 2 years and have only had to change the batteries once and it gets heavy use.
TheFrugaler wrote: Is the smaller size of this mouse and the positioning of the laser sensor on the bottom a problem for any of you?
No problems here and I have fairly big hands. I find it fairly ergonomic and comfortable and I often use it for long gaming sessions. I've finished countless shooters and do pretty well in BF4 online with this mouse.
Deal Guru
Dec 10, 2004
13184 posts
7570 upvotes
Kanata
Lexusisf wrote: and you decided not to share it back then?
Didn't really think much of it, to be honest. They had lots and i didn't research so wasn't aware it was a hot price.
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2009
2194 posts
1103 upvotes
London
goofball wrote: Didn't really think much of it, to be honest. They had lots and i didn't research so wasn't aware it was a hot price.
Ignore his sense of entitlement. That's what we need less of on RFD and everyone as a whole. You aren't obligated in any way to post any deals for him lol.
Banned
Aug 9, 2014
1239 posts
400 upvotes
datako wrote: Ignore his sense of entitlement. That's what we need less of on RFD and everyone as a whole. You aren't obligated in any way to post any deals for him lol.
It's not just for me... :facepalm:
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2009
2194 posts
1103 upvotes
London
Lexusisf wrote: It's not just for me... :facepalm:
So he's obligated to share deals for everyone? :facepalm: the entitlement is real

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)