Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

BB -- Massive saving on furnitures, up to $1500 off.

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 24th, 2014 7:21 am
11 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2011
2596 posts
2946 upvotes
Calgary
Do you really believe that?
Rule No.1 here: Buy first, Think afterwards.
Jul 8, 2014
426 posts
271 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Best buy for furniture topic has been discussed before many times, but I'll share my opinion again.... Overpriced regularly, Overpriced on sale.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
21127 posts
9784 upvotes
Toronto
DJ4LIFE wrote: Best buy for furniture topic has been discussed before many times, but I'll share my opinion again.... Overpriced regularly, Overpriced on sale.
+1. Overpriced regular price and thus overpriced savings. Misleading.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 23, 2007
5155 posts
1315 upvotes
London
People need to stop looking at dollars saved and look at what you're getting for your money. And buying furniture online is dumb. You should at least see it in person before committing to buying anything.
May 13, 2007
880 posts
133 upvotes
Oshawa
spham wrote: People need to stop looking at dollars saved and look at what you're getting for your money. And buying furniture online is dumb. You should at least see it in person before committing to buying anything.
Exactly, who the hell buys furniture online without looking at it in person first.
2008-Coca-Cola Zero Fans First Contest - 2 tickets Buffalo Sabres vs Toronto Maple Leafs
2010-Coca-Cola Zero Fans First Contest - 2 tickets Ottawa Senators vs Toronto Maple Leafs
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2003
4241 posts
24 upvotes
Strathroy, ON
I absolutely hate furniture shopping. If I can shop from home for some quality furniture without going to the store to see it... I'd do that... and I'm in that boat - I need a bedroom set and I don't want to go to London to shop... ugh.

Is there any good places that sell quality furniture (bedroom set) for a good price? Even if I have to go to a store in London.
Power.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
9923 posts
1665 upvotes
carmaster wrote: +1. Overpriced regular price and thus overpriced savings. Misleading.

+2. Just like Brick and Leon's and all those other places. There's no such thing as sales.
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
Deal Addict
May 20, 2007
1432 posts
142 upvotes
Most of the furniture sold at FS/BBY is absolute garbage.

We'd regularly try and sell them for cheap at head office
Sep 16, 2013
555 posts
328 upvotes
... you go to best buy to buy electronics .... not furniture ..
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
21127 posts
9784 upvotes
Toronto
The savings is bogus. Look at the final price.
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
20123 posts
2949 upvotes
Hurk wrote: I absolutely hate furniture shopping. If I can shop from home for some quality furniture without going to the store to see it... I'd do that...
The problem with buying furniture online is humans are visual people and it is extrmely difficult to take just a photo and set of measurements and visualize that piece of furniture in a room to an accurate degree. It is very, very easy to make the mistake of measuring a space, and saying "yep this piece fits!", then you get it home and realize that although it PHYSICALLY fits, it does not AESTHETICALLY fit, and is either too large for the room, or too small, or does not go with the other pieces, etc etc. How often have you gone to someones house and some oddball piece of furniture looks way out of place. This is why it is best to see furniture in person.

As an example, I fell into this trap buying our couch 1 year ago. We measured, looked at it online, we were sure it would be great. It arrived, and while it fit OK, it is just *not right* size wise, or IMO comfort wise (though my wife thinks it is fine). Personally if I had tried it out in the store I probably never would have bought this couch.
To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- E. E. Cummings

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)