Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

Microsoft Wireless Media Keyboard w/Touchpad - $27.99

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 21st, 2015 5:37 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
2392 posts
17567 upvotes

[Best Buy] Microsoft Wireless Media Keyboard w/Touchpad - $27.99

Microsoft All-In-One Wireless Media Keyboard w/Touchpad (N9Z-00002)
$27.99 + Enviro Fee at Best Buy, regular $49.99, Amazon has it for $54.99.

Out of stock online, instore pickup and price matching may be available. I reserved one in store.
27 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2012
1889 posts
1891 upvotes
Guelph
I got this keyboard when it was $29.99 a few months back and it is freaking awesome. Definitely worth every penny for a HTPC.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
2392 posts
17567 upvotes
LawEightSix wrote: I got this keyboard when it was $29.99 a few months back and it is freaking awesome. Definitely worth every penny for a HTPC.
How do you find the touchpad? The negative reviews for it seem to reference that being a big con, but I'd think the bigger trackpad on this would beat the similarly priced Logitech alternative.
Jan 3, 2006
214 posts
9 upvotes
Mississauga
LawEightSix wrote: I got this keyboard when it was $29.99 a few months back and it is freaking awesome. Definitely worth every penny for a HTPC.
+1

I bought one in French for my daughter's school projects, but I end up using it on a Raspberry Pi. Nice keyboard, love the integrated trackpad. It also works on a Linux PC.
1266 posts
377 upvotes
Thornhill
Shows OOS in all Best buys in Richmond Hill ... Anyone have any luck with PM'ing other stores?
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2012
1889 posts
1891 upvotes
Guelph
Leverage wrote: How do you find the touchpad? The negative reviews for it seem to reference that being a big con, but I'd think the bigger trackpad on this would beat the similarly priced Logitech alternative.
I've never had an issue with the trackpad at all. I don't have a single complaint at all with it to be honest.
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2006
2188 posts
509 upvotes
damn OOS looks like
Some people meditate, I smoke cigars.
Oct 10, 2010
229 posts
80 upvotes
Ottawa
Anyone used it with MINIX Neo 8X-H and XBMC? Does right click works when you clcik on movies to give you a menut with Info, trailers,Play etc? My logitech (two of them don't). Also are keys lid or not? Thanks guys.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
2392 posts
17567 upvotes
cns187 wrote: damn OOS looks like
OOS online, but lots of store stock when I ordered, at least in the GVA.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2007
6706 posts
2352 upvotes
Hmm I plug my laptop via HDMI to my TV sometimes to watch shows. This might be a good buy to keep me from having to go back and forth clicking/typing stuff.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2011
2075 posts
447 upvotes
Vancouver
Wished I had gotten it last week from NCIX for 5 bucks cheaper. DAMN!
Aug 29, 2013
848 posts
737 upvotes
Waterloo
Sooo Mad! I bought this online last week when stock was around 10...price matched with dell for $29.99...Order cancelled days later and given $5 online dollars...

Anyone have any thoughts on this one from Logitech...reviews at BB seem more favorable...will be using it to control my android box on my tv...

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/log ... d84ac0en02
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
1578 posts
816 upvotes
GTHA
glfrboy wrote: Anyone have any thoughts on this one from Logitech...reviews at BB seem more favorable...will be using it to control my android box on my tv...

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/log ... d84ac0en02
The logitech K400 has dedicated trackpad buttons whereas the MS one does not. Many don't like the MS trackpad.

Based on various reviews for both (amazon.com, etc.) the keyboard layout on the logitech is poor (especially the right shift key which is the size of a regular key - lots of typing mistakes) while the MS layout is excellent. Poor layout may be bearable if you don't type a lot on it.

I'm still waiting for somebody to put the best features of both together into a single product. Shouldn't be that hard.

And as for BB being OOS, this keyboard was featured a few weeks back as part of a big sale and it was OOS everywhere back then too. It's like why bother !!!
Jun 13, 2008
239 posts
20 upvotes
Bought this keyboard 4 months ago. Connect with my MK808B+. works great.
Distance is ok, at least 6 meters, the distance from my screen to my sofa.
Touchpad works flawless.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2005
3884 posts
1078 upvotes
Hamilton
awesome, thanks. I have never used one but I just got my 25ft hdmi cable i ordered from monoprice to connect my laptop to my TV and I would love to get a keyboard like this to go with it.

Should I go with this one or wait for one of the logitech's to go on sale?

weird, no store stock check option?
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2008
9545 posts
960 upvotes
TimTaylor wrote: Picked up this one http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/log ... d84ac0en02 and it's really nice. Basically the same price and is in stock :) Having buttons on the touchpad IMO is a dealbreaker and it has an on/off switch and nano usb w/slot in the battery compartment to store it! $35 until 24th
It has buttons on the touchpad. Just hard to see but it has left and right click buttons
Aug 29, 2013
848 posts
737 upvotes
Waterloo
rems wrote: It has buttons on the touchpad. Just hard to see but it has left and right click buttons
I believe Tim meant that the absence of buttons on the touchpad is a dealbreaker...

I too bought the Logitech and am hoping for good things!
Deal Addict
May 2, 2010
3949 posts
3570 upvotes
Markham
How to use the MicroSoft touch pad without the left click and right click buttons?
The Logitech K400 touch pad with such buttons seems to be a better deal.